What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

1l2kMZi.jpg

Hammer,GEC, and a $5 Laguiole I found at a yard sale yesterday evening, its a cheap one. Even though its stamped France I'm not sure it really is lol

Totin' these two: a Daniel Cannady fixed blade and a Parker swell center whittler ("First Monday" etch on blade, so I should have waited until May 6 to carry, but . . .).

cWQtY3k.jpg

HJHdwGG.jpg

- Stuart

Great knives, and few things feel better than a nice set of deer skin work gloves.

As for me, I’m really feeling the Case beer trapper this week, so it’s getting much pocket time along with the Camillus.

g7MNhTZh.jpg

Think I've lost a few quotes :(

Awesome pic Dwight :thumbsup:

Nice Lambs fellers :) :thumbsup:

Nice set-up :D :thumbsup:

“Just a” doesn’t cover how nice it is, Jack.:)

Thanks a lot Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous :thumbsup:

Awesome knife, Jack !

Wharncliffe Whittler by Camillus c. 1930-1940

The bloom ;)

46772411955_b1d175247a_b.jpg

40496669864_cd54b1b2cf_b.jpg
[

40496670014_63a63963fe_b.jpg

And the converted building these days
Check out the history here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-can-of-camillus.1566015/

41155258302_3a61302116_b.jpg

Thanks Gev, lovely knife, and those are fantastic pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

How cool would it be to rent an apartment in an old cutlery building... :cool: :thumbsup:
I'll tell you this. If I wasn't quite happy with my home on the hill I'd be checking it out. I've been in the lobby and they have some old photos and memorabilia displayed. The building borders Nine Mile Creek, which is a pretty decent trout stream. There's a tavern or two a minutes walk away and a cutlery shop across the street. I gotta stop thinking about this....

This is how the big Peasant looks like now. I made a spacer of aluminium, pinned, peened and glued it in place, installed a thicker stop pin (also peened) and shortened the handle. The blade-handle ratio got a little tight so I dropped the tip just a bit.

RcaS8tu.jpg

ZZXh49B.jpg

HxVRNqd.jpg
Nice work, Mr. Finn.

Fortunate to pick-up one of my favorite covers - Smooth Autumn Gold Bone.
View attachment 1116598
View attachment 1116600

Yes- Smooth Autumn Gold Bone is so fine.

I'll tell you this. If I wasn't quite happy with my home on the hill I'd be checking it out. I've been in the lobby and they have some old photos and memorabilia displayed. The building borders Nine Mile Creek, which is a pretty decent trout stream. There's a tavern or two a minutes walk away and a cutlery shop across the street. I gotta stop thinking about this....
I think I have my retirement planned!!!

Back