What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

View attachment 1116657
This old horror show is my work knife. It’s been dropped off the top racks, used to score particle board and sharpened on a coarse file. The scales are loose and the pink tape is both saying it’s mine and holding them on. Yesterday, I cut a bunch of cardboard strips against an arborite table.
I just can't kill it! It’s stays sharp and the blade have very little wobble. It’s only marking is made in China. For the $2 I paid several years ago, it rocks!
Now that's a working knife! :cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying a small fixed blade this Wooden Wednesday. Just because I can.
3XrcfuU.jpg

1l2kMZi.jpg

Hammer,GEC, and a $5 Laguiole I found at a yard sale yesterday evening, its a cheap one. Even though its stamped France I'm not sure it really is lol

It probably is, 12c27 is a very popular stainless choice for laguiole makers & xc75 for carbon. Companie like Honore Durand, An Aubrac, Fontinille Patataud and Chambriard are good 1's that come to mind.
I do know forge de laguiole doesn't, they use a steel called T12, French made.
Cheers
Mitch

It probably is, 12c27 is a very popular stainless choice for laguiole makers & xc75 for carbon. Companie like Honore Durand, An Aubrac, Fontinille Patataud and Chambriard are good 1's that come to mind.
I do know forge de laguiole doesn't, they use a steel called T12, French made.
Cheers
Mitch
Thanks for info Mitch, its etched with Jean Dubost on the blade. It has gaps in the liners and covers, and other not so refined characteristics. But hey for 5 bucks I figured why not. Its not badly built really, just bit crude in the finish mostly. It'll do for my first French knife until I get a good one;) I got an eye on a Sheffield IXL Barlow, then I'll have most of the knife epicenters covered:D:thumbsup:

Thanks for info Mitch, its etched with Jean Dubost on the blade. It has gaps in the liners and covers, and other not so refined characteristics. But hey for 5 bucks I figured why not. Its not badly built really, just bit crude in the finish mostly. It'll do for my first French knife until I get a good one;) I got an eye on a Sheffield IXL Barlow, then I'll have most of the knife epicenters covered:D:thumbsup:

You are welcome.
Dubost is a real 1. I think there specialty is table ware.
Give it a hone and oil, will be a good user.
Yep there's always the next 1:thumbsup:
Mitch

Back