What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

LkCBtvO.jpg

Carrying this one to dinner tonight. I really like this knife. Good on Case for executing these so well.
Love the lighting on this image.:thumbsup:

It’s not the first camera I grab, and I plan to shoot it in the near future to see whether I should keep it. In theory, it’s my hiking 4x5, but I’ve been mostly hiking with medium format since my back surgery. I use my Wisner more often.

RFcbshy.jpg
Brings back fond memories of a long time ago. Nice image.

Thanks, guys! I'm amazed at the quality of 100+ year old knives. I guess ones that are still around are the ones that didn't fall apart in use, so we get the impression that they were all so well made.

Wow, a black beauty. It seems most old knives had smaller pins. I like that look. Good on you for giving that old Empire some attention.

Thank you! Yes something about old knives just hits the spot for me.

Nick, this is my only Empire and it will show you how fine yours is:

tzYGZog.jpg

ayEYmYr.jpg

Congratulations, pal.

- Stuart
Thank you and thank you for showing that beautiful honest old knife. The wood on our knives may be of the same kind, cocobolo?

Been dreaming of fishing today... Can't wait!
The trout can't resist the Madam X. Although it's really a hopper pattern, it also imitates stones and larger caddis. It's my go-to "searching" fly pattern for most of the waters I fish since stones and caddis are most common.

Last edited:
Thank you and thank you for showing that beautiful honest old knife. The wood on our knives may be of the same kind, cocobolo?

Thank you, Nick and, yes, cocobolo, though I think that yours would be spelled with an upper case "C".
- Stuart

Back