What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This kind of drawings for teaching striking angles and parries are common to many martial arts. In Europe German and Italian schools had these since middle ages. I have to copy this, I have used similar drawing on a mirror in my training room.
Yes, the diagram goes back several hundred years and was made popular again in the 18th and 19th centuries for military saber all over Europe and the New World. The numbered cuts and parries are also the foundation of Filipino blade systems (which take the name, eskrima, from the Spanish for swordplay, esgrima, indicating the European origins of their systems).

Zieg

Helping the Guardians break the internet today!
SGy6Huv.jpg

Yes Tom, when I wandered in here as a boy, it was a different place entirely. There was a lot of tumble-weed blowing around, just a few older boys sitting around, and Pertinux of course. Carl would tell a joke, then young Gary would cough, Elliott would crack his knuckles. Big Paul Hilborn would smile to himself, and then Young Gev would offer to go to the shop for some pop. Then Charlie would walk in, and everyone's face would light up, especially when he read out a letter from Duncan in New Zealand. Of course, I was just sitting on the step then, but they treated me right kindly, seems like a long time ago now
Excellent Jack. :cool:

I'm very late to the Porch party (and unawares of Charlie's debilitation - best wishes, Charlie). Despite very fine weather here today, I've been inside at my computer all day working on project that I've volunteered on for over 15 years: an annual athletic awards banquet for kids from our four high schools, four younger kids leagues, and a few club leagues. I'm on the awardee selection committee and I produce the 40 page program booklet that will be handed out to the 300 attendees on June 4th. Things are rollin' now! (My kids are in their 30's, so no favoritism involved.) Been busy, but totin' nuthin'. So, I was glad to take a break a couple of hours ago to take Loki to obedience class and come home for dinner and a libation.

L before M; L. L. Bean before a Manhattan (ingredients are the same as here https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...onal-of-course.1323677/page-305#post-18971087 ).

IjswKjO.jpg

See all y'all tomorrow.
- Stuart

Back