What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gbw4V5x.jpg

Just picked up a Vic Electrician today, with TC for black Friday.

Thanks Gev :) :thumbsup:

Nice Ettrick Dave :thumbsup:

I agree Ron, as do a number of our fellow Guardians it seems :) That's a fine pair :) :thumbsup:

Smashing Dwight :) :thumbsup:

You're very welcome Stuart, don't miss my giveaway in the Guardians thread :) :thumbsup:

Definitely Gary, a superb knife, and a great pairing there :thumbsup:

Superb Harvey, I love that knife, and think the jigging may well be GEC's finest :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Vince :thumbsup:

Very nice indeed Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Great pairing Tom :thumbsup:

Beautiful pic Jose :) :thumbsup:

Very cool pics Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Stunning John :) :thumbsup:

Great-looking old knife :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, the weekend is almost upon us ;) I'm carrying these two today. Me and Charlie have been swapping packages across the Pond for years now, but this is the first Barlow he gifted me, the first of many I have to say :) I put him a card in the post yesterday, and am hoping that by the time it reaches him, he'll be running around doing cartwheels again :) :thumbsup:

ueZUNCk.jpg

LMbbaLW.jpg

Two beauties Jack :thumbsup:

Something for Black Friday, and my Pioneer X. I don’t photograph the pioneer very often anymore, because it is almost always within reach. It is almost a permanent part of my rotation, whether in my pocket, or a bag, or a desk drawer at work.

wwmSKVS.jpg

Something for Black Friday, and my Pioneer X. I don’t photograph the pioneer very often anymore, because it is almost always within reach. It is almost a permanent part of my rotation, whether in my pocket, or a bag, or a desk drawer at work.

wwmSKVS.jpg
Kind of like my Case trapper. Often on my belt but not often photographed. Except in my hurry to get dressed this morning (forgot to set my alarm), I put on my belt sheath, but forgot to put the knife in it! Got a lambsfoot in my pocket, though. ;)
VZ0eBHC.jpg

A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.

wwmSKVS.jpg

Wonderful beautiful deep blue color. Looks like a solid rotation to me. I almost wouldn't wanna carry it, for fear of wearing the blue.

Awesome photo! Love that green color, I have the same knife. Lovely.

Kind of like my Case trapper. Often on my belt but not often photographed. Except in my hurry to get dressed this morning (forgot to set my alarm), I put on my belt sheath, but forgot to put the knife in it! Got a lambsfoot in my pocket, though. ;)
VZ0eBHC.jpg

A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.

Lol, that had to feel odd :). I wonder if others have knives that they carry regularly, but don’t often post pictures of them.

RDaneel RDaneel That old truck in the woods is cool. Here's one near me. I thought it was the same truck at first and we might be neighbors
Another awesome derelict denizen of the forest.

"Washboard bone" is a currently available offering from Boker.
I love it. This barlow of mine is from AG Russell.
I really appreciate the quality of A G Russell knives.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Great image of a great knife,, Dwight.
Thanks Harvey. Beautiful saw cut sheepsfoot tC.

Wonderful beautiful deep blue color. Looks like a solid rotation to me. I almost wouldn't wanna carry it, for fear of wearing the blue.

Awesome photo! Love that green color, I have the same knife. Lovely.

Thanks, much appreciated! I have come close on many occasions to buying another as a backup but can’t seem to pull the trigger for some reason :confused:

Cool pictures of an old jalopy ! The knives are sweet as well !

Nice find and cool pictures.

That's so cool. Well done.

Thank you SteveC, JohnDF & Tim!

Chanced upon hidden treasure, like an archaeologist:cool:

The knives suit the context:thumbsup:

Fantastic how that tree has grown up around the front of the truck, astounding when you think of all the pollution decaying cars give off:eek: But the car enthusiast in me wants to know what is that old banger?? From what era? 1940s?? How long has it been there...?:D

Will, I have a lot of questions, too. I'd guess its from the 1940s. It has to have been there decades with the amount of rust. It is literally falling apart; if you touch parts they just break apart. I tried not to touch it too much.

Gary another stunning combo.
An incredible photo of the old derelict in the woods. Fantastic Dean!

Thanks, Dwight!

Very cool pics Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning folks, the weekend is almost upon us ;) I'm carrying these two today. Me and Charlie have been swapping packages across the Pond for years now, but this is the first Barlow he gifted me, the first of many I have to say :) I put him a card in the post yesterday, and am hoping that by the time it reaches him, he'll be running around doing cartwheels again :) :thumbsup:

ueZUNCk.jpg

LMbbaLW.jpg

Thanks, Jack! Your TC is doubly a treasure as it came from Charlie.

Someone was probably using that old truck to drag logs out, and never made it back.
I am feeling lustful towards Orchard Gems and Charlie’s Ancient Barlow lately. Both patterns were different enough that it took me a little longer to appreciate them. Now that they’ve gotten my attention, the attraction is becoming irresistable.:eek:

Hey, Jeff, if you get a chance to get an Orchard Gem - grab it. It's not only a cool pattern, but also very useful.

RDaneel RDaneel That old truck in the woods is cool. Here's one near me. I thought it was the same truck at first and we might be neighbors!

Sunk in the Woods by D P, on Flickr

It must have been a good place to park back in the day. :)

Woah!!! Tell me more about this knife. Any idea when it was made? I'm all about beautiful bone and thin grinds.

Just a Remington reissue for me today. But it has so many useful implements, I feel like I have "all bases covered" as soon as it slips into my pocket. Such an amazing knife.
wocs8ckh.jpg

Thank You, it's a big lockback at 11cm/ 4 3/8". I got it about 8-10 years ago from the Bay but not seen them around lately. They have been done in Stag and Smooth Bone too but this is I feel, the most desirable. The bone is very interesting having these washboard style grooves and saw cut at the same time. They did some knives in a green version as well, I think highly of Böker Germany I like their Whittler and Stockman patterns, they do a nice Pen in stainless as well.

Regards, Will

P.S. Took a look at it again and the obvious was staring me in the face. The shield has 140 Jahre so it's an anniversary edition 1869-2009, 10 years old!)

Last edited:
Back