What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I think this particular knife of Charlie's is exceptionally outstanding among a mountain of outstanding knives.

Thank you my kind friend.

Yes we suffered a terrible loss. Thanks Don.

Oh I really like hearing this....... :D

@Old Engineer - Harry I could feast my eyes on those TEWs every single evening my friend. Don't pig out on the fish. :rolleyes:

In honor of A. G. Russell IIIView attachment 1122154
Gorgeous perfect peanut pic :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lionsteel today

2RqibnV.jpg

Plumber backed out of a job on us, so today I got to dig a trench 100 feet long 2 feet deep, with a "T" trench about 10 feet off the long one to run pipe and wire to hook up a well. I'm beat lol, but at least I had good company.

Gee, I hope 2' is deep enough.:D

All weekend :)
9VCChmB.jpg

l31d7yK.jpg
Spalted maple? That's the one I bought new and both its springs broke by themselves when the knife was closed. I hope you got a better HT on yours.
I should get that fixed. I loved that knife.

Not a huge fan of the moose pattern but I sure do like this one a lot.
Fantastic old Schrade CC, Nick!

aGxiHVS.jpg
TIJuakr.jpg

Plumber backed out of a job on us, so today I got to dig a trench 100 feet long 2 feet deep, with a "T" trench about 10 feet off the long one to run pipe and wire to hook up a well. I'm beat lol, but at least I had good company.
The boss got his money’s worth out of you, David. Love those knives!
Finally have a chance to work outside some today as well as dry enough to mow some tall grass . Carrying both of these old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoots and then out for Friday Fish Fry .

Somebody really loved and carried this one a lot .

This one I really like and carry a lot .

So I guess this has been a Two TEWs Friday this week .
Harry
A great example of pocket worn, Harry. Any idea hold old it is?
Better lower that kick a little to get the tip down a bit! It’ll bite when you reach in your pocket.
Your hamecane reminds me that today is the big flea market! Maybe I’ll go and keep an eye out for one of those. Or a good deal on a knife. If nothing else, I always manage to come home with some old files.

Today a pretty neat little auction find (got it for peanuts) showed up and went right in the pocket...an old Camillus 4-line Teardrop Jack EO in great snappy shape :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1122183
View attachment 1122187
View attachment 1122188
Nice one!

View attachment 1122255

Centennial Week keeps rolling along.
This m.o.p. Peters Cutlery Whittler was made around 1880, at which time, the HOME (Holley & Merwin) boy's knife was already around 30 years old! They are each missing a blade, but I'm not too proud to carry them today. ;):thumbsup:
y6HfiKH.jpg

NRk5b9J.jpg

My carry for the day. Well, until I needed some crowns lifted.
Ariats!!! Very nice.

That's not a traditional weed eater! :eek::p
Too funny, I like it!

This m.o.p. Peters Cutlery Whittler was made around 1880, at which time, the HOME (Holley & Merwin) boy's knife was already around 30 years old! They are each missing a blade, but I'm not too proud to carry them today. ;):thumbsup:
y6HfiKH.jpg
It's not a question of being, "too proud".
It's more of a question of, "are we worthy"?
And you most certainly are. :cool:

I really like the colors Mr Lloyd achieved in that stag. Which makes me wonder how he does it. I’d like to try that.
I see three dye colors: dk brown/black, red, and yellow. I am guessing the sequence is: dk brown first, then the first grinding, then red dye followed by 2nd grinding leaving brown in the deep grooves, red on the margins, and natural white where it was ground deeper towards the ends, followed by yellow dye which gets faded to natural by the final grinding/polishing. Anybody know if that sounds right?
I’m going to try this on some of my plain jane stag.

y6HfiKH.jpg
Very cool!
Just how many centenarians have you been entrusted with???

Back