What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

6ZNYTls.jpg

What a day! :eek:;)

Thanks. Those are my oldest, next to the Bunting and Son from Charlie:
UGjsI29.jpg

They look beautiful Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Looks like a serious chopper!

Only just over a 3" blade on that one Vince, but it's a good tough 'meaty' knife. I used it to split up some of that punk wood to start a small fire for a brew. It's the Varusteleka Terava Mini-Skrama from Finland. They do a larger version, which looks like an absolutely awesome chopper. Very pleased with the knives I've had from them :) :thumbsup:

Great pics, Jack. That Vendetta is so cool!:cool:

Thanks a lot Mark :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Rosewood 2 bolster Lambsfoot for me today.
8zqWw95.jpg

May the fourth be with you all.

Nice Jordan :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Class pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Beautiful pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Bake day carry.
8w5McuZ.jpg

I'm not sure what looks better, the knife, or the background! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Lovely trio accompanying you on your castle ruins walk. Beautiful pics.

I was glad to see you snatch that beauty up Gary. Lovely piece in every way and lovelier still with your additions.

Thanks a lot Dwight :) :thumbsup:

My first post since Thursday and I could barely catch up of the thread to LIKE some fine postings. Y'all are wearing me (and obviously some vacant folks) out! I'm too tired to post many comments about the fine posts since I left on Thursday, but they are some very good ones. I do have these pics from my fishing trip (2 days blown out by the wind, one day roughing out a day of rollers).

Early the second day, we jigged. I jagged for a beer and cigar. (I caught a 34 inch striper, but the minimum limit is a 36" or larger. Back he went.)

I6hAPVJ.jpg

Later, we trolled 17 lines and my son caught a 42" keeper.

GMuQXiv.jpg

We caught three more 33" - 35" throw-backs, and I had to head home. They fished today (no report yet), and I'm going back this coming week.

- Stuart

Looks like you're having a great time Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend :) I'm carrying these two today :thumbsup:

HVcZ8Wo.jpg

xHdFDy7.jpg

Have a great Sunday :thumbsup:

View attachment 1122872
This beauty was a very welcome gift. I’ve been toting it for the past few days and I plan to continue totin’ it for quite some time!
Nice! About the only thing that could make that a better knife is if it were a gift!

You’ve got some great ones, but this is right up near the top in my eyes. Right there with the Orchard Pal you showed us yesterday.

The second thing you should do when you get a new knife is put it in your pocket ( obviously I’m not a collector!).
The first being to sharpen it, because as I learned in Boy Scouts, a dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp one. Plus, a dull knife is a sign of low morals, lack of character, and causes dandruff.
But man- this 72 was stubborn. It took about a full hour of Live PD to get some semblance of respectable sharpness.
View attachment 1123005 Last night, I soldered up the speakers and finished mounting everything on my resurrection project of this ‘76 Fender Pro Reverb. Mrs Fleschwund is not happy about it being in the living room, but I like it!View attachment 1123006 Have a great Sunday everyone!

Embarrassed to admit I haven't posted in this thread for more than 2 months, and I haven't even read many posts here in that time. :confused::thumbsdown: I miss seeing all the fine knives everyone posts here daily; even when I see knives here that I have little interest in for myself, I enjoy seeing the enthusiasm of the poster for whatever the knife is. :cool::thumbsup: So I'm going to try to make this thread part of my daily routine again, as it was before I went into hibernation. I won't try to pretend that I can catch up on a couple months worth of daily posts, but here are some posts from the first few days of May that caught my attention.

Morning folks, hope everyone has a great May Day :) Carrying a large ebony Lambsfoot an one of Charlie's Anniversary TC Barlows :) :thumbsup:
I decided to add my Vendetta by Jose Antonio Herreros :thumbsup:
Admirable wood/bone/horn trio, Dread Pirate Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big-league brace of knives with pleasurable patina, Travman Travman ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

These two for me today, hoping for a speedy recovery for our friend Charlie.

LfSHPAE.jpg
Classy couple of cutting tools, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm totin' Slicey and Dicey today.

KZxvCom.jpg

- Stuart
Dandy duo of imports, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I bought this 1 retail back in the early 90's, long before I discovered the web for such things:eek:.
I used heaps but it still works good.
mitch
LlVvJb.jpg
Exemplary old lockback, sir! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Happy Thursday All
Flawless foto of your first-rate lambsfoot, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ulster Jack today

9Eyi7EY.jpg
Grand and golden-brown goodness, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sorry to be so brief, friends, but I'm off for a few days of fishing (and getting further behind on this thread).

- Stuart
Have fun, Stuart, and I hope you do some catching, as well! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I don't pocket the Ancient often. Was thinking of our friend this morning and it seemed like the thing to do.
jXRCZIN.jpg
I will have to agree with that :)

g4UzSml.jpg
Handsome, high-class Ancients, Gary & Tim; I heartily agree with your sentiments! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That one far left would really need a close up :)
Intriguing trio, David, and I agree with JP about that jigged bone knife on the left! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

bsIjVnQ.jpg
...Here ya go! These my best glamour shots, taken just as the sun was setting behind me. Challenge Cut Co.
Edit: been carrying this one because Charlie liked it so when I first posted it. He provided some great info, for at the time I didn't even know harness jacks existed. This was the first I'd seen. So been in my pocket for Charlie:thumbsup:
Thanks for the follow-up, David!! :):thumbsup::cool:

On a hike today when we came across this very old accident in the woods. It seemed apropos to include one of Charlie's Ancient Barlows in a photo with the old jalopy (as well as an Orchard Gem).
Jaw-dropping jalopy pics, Dean, including a joyous pair of knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm always amazed at how skinny the old steering wheels look once their "coating" comes off! :eek:

Thanks, Duckdog. r8shell's Home for Old and Wayward Knives is doing what it can for these old guys. :D
Today's centenarian is a Terrier, with perhaps the coolest tang stamp of all time.
X6xOoc3.jpg
Elderly and enthralling, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

In honor of Charlie...
Charlie helped me identify the model number for this knife, and he dubbed it the Half Stockman. I always think about Charlie when I look at this knife, and I think about his humor and how he has helped so many of us. Today I will carry this knife in his honor and send him all the good wishes I can muster. Get well soon Charlie.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I’m mixing my carries today with a #79 Workhorse Whittler in Ebony and #14 TC with Smooth Ivory Bone. :)

42016150025_8ae5eecdbb_b_d.jpg
Kudos on that knockout pair, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Gbw4V5x.jpg

Just picked up a Vic Electrician today, with TC for black Friday.
Congrats on the Electrician, @Jak3; a laudable, likable knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Something for Black Friday, and my Pioneer X. I don’t photograph the pioneer very often anymore, because it is almost always within reach. It is almost a permanent part of my rotation, whether in my pocket, or a bag, or a desk drawer at work.

wwmSKVS.jpg
Your brilliant blue Pioneer X is magnificent and memorable, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Another TC today.

Noteworthy shot of your noble Ancient, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

SUSWMPd.jpg

Really like all the details of my new #33 Conductor
Congrats on that outstanding Conductor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Finally have a chance to work outside some today as well as dry enough to mow some tall grass . Carrying both of these old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoots and then out for Friday Fish Fry .

So I guess this has been a Two TEWs Friday this week .
Harry
Your two TEWs to use are terrific, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In honor of A. G. Russell IIIView attachment 1122154
Pinch me! Am I dreaming?? What a paradigmatic peanut, Dwight!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today a pretty neat little auction find (got it for peanuts) showed up and went right in the pocket...an old Camillus 4-line Teardrop Jack EO in great snappy shape :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1122183
View attachment 1122187
View attachment 1122188
Quintessential teardrop, Darren; quality all the way! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Your red/yellow pair looks robust and reliable, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Back