What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

SxKmODb.jpg

Tried this photo 4 times, would be focused clear on the knives, but be fuzzy after. :rolleyes:Go figure

Can't go wrong picking the Fayette Jack. It's the one knife I regret selling the most.

I hear you on that. I’m glad I was able to find one for a decent price, I was a little late to the show and they were selling for a lot higher on the secondary market than I wanted to go. I’m actually looking to add another one or two to the collection. It’s easily one of my favorites, and definitely my most carried slipjoint.

I do often wish they would make one a little larger, though. Keep the frame the same shape, but make it a 3” blade instead of a 2.5”. If that ever happens I’ll take the day off work just to score one, haha.

D Duckdog ~
Thanks, bud.

I’m with you on how nice it is having a fixed blade on me. I think I’ll carry one tomorrow!

Go get you a 36”er!

We were living on Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks back in the ‘80s. Up the Big Niangua branch a couple of miles from our place, there’s a huge cave and spring with a deep, cold outlet cove that dumps into the Niangua. That was one of the locations in which they stocked striped bass.
The White Bass is plentiful there, and when they’re running, it’s awesome fishing. But White Bass, even though they are a true bass like Stripers, not of the sunfish family like Largemouth an Smallmouths, only get so big~ maybe 14 or 15” or so.

As those stocked Atlantic Stripers started growing, all of a sudden, stories started coming in at the bait ‘n tackle about rod smashing monsters in the lake. I remember seeing one guy, with hands still shaking, showing off the splinters of his lightweight spinning rod.
Lots of guys started breaking out their heavy catfish rigs.

Be still my heart!
Beautiful Dwight :)
Wowzers
Thanks Don!

That is a beautiful shot of your Damascus and stag beauty, Dwight.
Much obliged Dean.

Fantastic pic Dwight
Thank you Jack.

A brilliant pairing, Dwight. I really like the Tapadero and enjoyed Dave's (@Horsewright ) tutorial of the sheath making for it and its stunning sibling. You be lucky, bro!
Thank you Stuart. True that! :D

I picked this pair for Twosday carry. Today I'm totin' a Loveless-like hunter by Leonard Corlee and a Queen model 31. I'm really liking having a fixed blade handy, so thanks to Whetstone39 Whetstone39 and @r8shell and several others for inspiring me to shake off the chains of confining convention and wear my knife-nuttiness on my belt.

wdDZaMx.jpg

WJ1CN5U.jpg

- Stuart

Great combo Stuart :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Harry, it's only now and again at the moment, thankfully. Having spent today moving heavy furniture around, I think I will sleep tonight! :D I have had them in my elbows and feet Harry, hope it gives you some relief for the time-being my friend :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
It does give me some relief . I am allowed to have it done 3 times a year and so far I have had it only once a year , but I expect that I will go to twice a year . There is such a thing as having too many of these to be physically good for me . At my age , I will just have to live with this condition . I still am able to do more than people Twice My Age can . LOL

Harry

Boy, I like that!!!

Thanks Stuart. That Winchester Trapper is a beaut' . :thumbsup: Is it from the Black Box series?

@Jack Black Hey Jack, my alerts said that I had a quote from you but for the life of me I can not find it. I click on the alert but it doesn't take me to your post like it should. You just can't trust these computers, I tell ya. :rolleyes:

Today I was totin' the '16 forum knife.
47011581104_8ec0104ba0_h.jpg

Back