What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I’ve been ‘working’ in my yard since Earth Day. I still have a few weeks to go. It feels good to be able to do it and have the property. I never would’ve felt that way, before this year. I can hear my dad snickering through his nose and mouth.

Enjoy the day!

EE0DA1D8-0CE5-455F-AF38-8393A12AD0A2.jpeg

Outstanding Nick! :thumbsup: :D

Harry, you and Nancy are our inspiration my friend! :thumbsup: Pam and I have talked many times about how we hope that when we are your age, what a blessing it would be to be as active as you guys are! :D

Harry this is just a wonderful duo my friend! Beautiful and useful at the same time! Looking at these two one could imagine there were made 100 years ago! :thumbsup: :D
I kept Ole Red and added some Ironwood for Wednesday! Y’all have a great day! :D

46519230665_61f64858ea_b_d.jpg
Thank you very much for the kind words my friend . Ol Red is still looking good and it also is a heck of a knife and you had it paired with a fine Ironwood .
Take care my friend and be well .

Harry

I am a native of St. Louis, and have played and followed ice hockey most of my life. I lived next to a rink in grade school, we used to skate for recess when the weather permitted in the winter. I played in high school, and have had season tickets to the St. Louis Blues National Hockey League team for years. Hockey players are a superstitious bunch in general, believing in karma, mojo, good and bad luck and curses :). Last night the St. Louis Blues advanced to the NHL Western Conference finals under the following conditions:

On May 7th, in the 7th game 7 in Blues history, the Blues won in double overtime when Pat Maroon, who wears number 7 (and is from St. Louis county), scored on Ben Bishop (also from St. Louis county).

Today's knives are as close to the Blues colors as I could get (blue and gold). :)

NyRXBHp.jpg

I am a native of St. Louis, and have played and followed ice hockey most of my life. I lived next to a rink in grade school, we used to skate for recess when the weather permitted in the winter. I played in high school, and have had season tickets to the St. Louis Blues National Hockey League team for years. Hockey players are a superstitious bunch in general, believing in karma, mojo, good and bad luck and curses :). Last night the St. Louis Blues advanced to the NHL Western Conference finals under the following conditions:

On May 7th, in the 7th game 7 in Blues history, the Blues won in double overtime when Pat Maroon, who wears number 7 (and is from St. Louis county), scored on Ben Bishop (also from St. Louis county).

Today's knives are as close to the Blues colors as I could get (blue and gold). :)

NyRXBHp.jpg
Congrats to the Blues! (Being a Texan, I was pulling for the Stars. :( ).

I’m a fan of Craftsman knives. And that’s a beaut. Have you figured out who made it, and it’s age?

If you tote it tomorrow, and who could blame you, please let us see the blades.

Thank you. I am pretty fond of it already and I just got it. It's definitely a schrade, likely schrade walden era made in the late 60's or early 70's.

Here is a photo I took of it when it came in the mail. Same knife as a schrade 804 whittler.

IMG_4294.JPG

Love ‘em both, Ron!

Funny, but I was thinking the same thing about when I get to be your age.:D
I think you and Harry are blessed to have wives that indulge your knife affinity/affliction!

BF Buck and my little jack along with a little Nicholson file fixed blade...
Rainy day, so other than cutting a bit of summer sausage for Manny the dog, probably won’t need it.
604a8968-ec4e-4434-8bbe-2eeaa6535e34-jpeg.1124718
Thanks for the kind words Jeff! I’m truly blessed in my marriage in so many ways. To quote Harry, he and I both married way above our pay grade! :)

Ace pairing Ron :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :)

Having a Double Lambsfoot Day today! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

qgSzqgK.jpg

VBDq2oW.jpg
That’s a beautiful Daily Double Jack! Two outstanding examples my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you very much for the kind words my friend . Ol Red is still looking good and it also is a heck of a knife and you had it paired with a fine Ironwood .
Take care my friend and be well .

Harry
Thank you Harry! :)

Thank you Ron! Great looking wood on your lambsfoot :thumbsup:
You’re welcome Nick! Thanks for the compliment! :)

Miller Bros boys knife today. He’s a little’un and at least 93 years old but walks and talks smoother and snaps harder than most of my other knives. Solid, no play whatsoever, flush at half stop, cocobolo? covers thinly hafted at the liners and just great old time workmanship.

Miller Bros boys knife today. He’s a little’un and at least 93 years old but walks and talks smoother and snaps harder than most of my other knives. Solid, no play whatsoever, flush at half stop, cocobolo? covers thinly hafted at the liners and just great old time workmanship.

That is a thing of beauty.

Back