What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

T11UNPX.jpg

Senator Lambsfoot in rosewood and a Victorinox Pioneer X for me today.

That's a nice combo, Stuart. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Most of the time when I carry a small fixed blade, I keep the sheath in my pocket attached to a short lanyard looped through a belt loop. I just can't seem to get used to a belt sheath.

I fully understand, r8shell. I have to remember to tuck it back when sitting down/getting in the truck. And, even though the ones I'm wearing currently are on the small side, the weight adds up. I had my newest Cunningham on my belt with a Leatherman "Wave" next to it and a Vic Spartan on a carabiner clipped to a belt loop when I headed over to see some buddies for libations. Miss Norma asked if I had lost weight, as she noticed that my pants were riding low at the waist. I had to admit that I hadn't lost weight, just that my pants had gained some. In winter, I can toss the sheath and knife in a coat pocket. I do have some work/hunting pants with big pockets, but there's still the weight issue.

SxKmODb.jpg

Tried this photo 4 times, would be focused clear on the knives, but be fuzzy after. :rolleyes:Go figure

I'm glad that you mentioned the focus issue with your totin' trio, David, as I thought that I might have imbibed too much last night when I first gazed upon them. That looks like a salt marsh in the background. What body of water might that be?

As those stocked Atlantic Stripers started growing, all of a sudden, stories started coming in at the bait ‘n tackle about rod smashing monsters in the lake. I remember seeing one guy, with hands still shaking, showing off the splinters of his lightweight spinning rod.
Lots of guys started breaking out their heavy catfish rigs.

Our largest striper was a 52", 48 lb. fatty that we caught several years ago. We fish short boat rods, Penn Senator level winds, and 80 lb. mono, running 16 rods most of the time. When we have 3 or four guys on the boat and 5 or 6 rods go off, it's a party.

Thanks Stuart! I like that fixed blade you have there.

Great combo Stuart :thumbsup:

Thanks, Nick and Tom.

I kept Ole Red and added some Ironwood for Wednesday! Y’all have a great day! :D

Potent pair, Ron. Nice colors.

That is a delightful picture, Dwight.

BF Buck and my little jack along with a little Nicholson file fixed blade...
Rainy day, so other than cutting a bit of summer sausage for Manny the dog, probably won’t need it.

Glad to see you "fixed" for the day, Jeff, as you said that you might be. I've liked your file knife with its dog-chew scales since I first saw it. Fine work, friend.

Great-looking Hunter Stuart :thumbsup:

Having a Double Lambsfoot Day today! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and you are totin' a dynamic duo today, too.

American Jack today

Very nice !

Thanks, Steve, and it seems strange seeing your picture of such a young knife for you. Robbing the cutlery cradle, are we? It's beaut, as expected, though.

Here’s a solo shot of the slip case made with the historic fabric, gathered by you, and woven.

That's sharp, Harvey.

A newly acquired, vintage Albert Oates friction folder, lambsfoot.

And that's even sharper. Nice pictures, but what fine subjects with which to work!

Miller Bros boys knife today. He’s a little’un and at least 93 years old but walks and talks smoother and snaps harder than most of my other knives. Solid, no play whatsoever, flush at half stop, cocobolo? covers thinly hafted at the liners and just great old time workmanship.

Miller Bros made some of the best and I'm lucky to have a few that I like. Ron ( Half/Stop Half/Stop ) and I have spent some time CE & CF over them. Yours is a solid representative.

Case Damascus Teardrop.

Dang, Dean, dat's drop-dead dazzling, dude!!

- Stuart

Thank you. I am pretty fond of it already and I just got it. It's definitely a schrade, likely schrade walden era made in the late 60's or early 70's.

Here is a photo I took of it when it came in the mail. Same knife as a schrade 804 whittler.

View attachment 1124771

Hot Dang! I didn’t realize it was a whittler. That has to be a rare one- nice score!

D Duckdog
It is salt marsh Stuart, its called Alligator Bay, its in Sneads Ferry NC. We're remodeling my bosses house she had moved there. I like the location, behind is the bay, in front across the street is her sisters place and the innercoastal waterway, then the beach and ocean. Its decently protected from storm surge. But still close enough to the beach and peir to enjoy.
Edit: I watch for a gator every time we go, one was seen last year not far from their property. Call me crazy but I want to see one in the wild. There was about a 7 footer swimming around the U.S.S. North Carolina last time I went for the tour, about 6 years ago.

Potent pair, Ron. Nice colors.

Miller Bros made some of the best and I'm lucky to have a few that I like. Ron ( Half/Stop Half/Stop ) and I have spent some time CE & CF over them. Yours is a solid representative.
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! :) You have a lot of beautiful knives to CE & CF not the least of which are your very nice Miller Brothers examples! :thumbsup: I wish you good luck on your next stripper excursion my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Rare and very nice Nate and thanks for the compliment on my 2013 TC:)

Lovely stuff Paul :thumbsup:

Having a Double Lambsfoot Day today! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

qgSzqgK.jpg

VBDq2oW.jpg
Thank you Jack and nice pair o Sheep, but when I look close, I see more than two Lambs;)

Gorgeous Paul! Lovely pictures!
Back at you Nate:thumbsup:

Thank you. I am pretty fond of it already and I just got it. It's definitely a schrade, likely schrade walden era made in the late 60's or early 70's.

Here is a photo I took of it when it came in the mail. Same knife as a schrade 804 whittler.

View attachment 1124771
Rare one there Paul, very nice:cool:

Miller Bros boys knife today. He’s a little’un and at least 93 years old but walks and talks smoother and snaps harder than most of my other knives. Solid, no play whatsoever, flush at half stop, cocobolo? covers thinly hafted at the liners and just great old time workmanship.
Very nice Miller Nick, and aged nicely:cool::thumbsup:

Just the Case mini-trapper today. Nothing too extravagant, but a very underrated pattern. The size is just right at 3 1/2” closed and it’s not too heavy either. The bone stag is thicker than normal and slightly irregular, so the grip is excellent. The clip/wharncliffe blade combination is wonderfully versatile, and Tru-Sharp stainless means no constant worries over rust. Extra-thin hollow grinds cut far more efficiently than most modern day traditionals. Half stops too, if you like that sort of thing. Pulls run about a 5 1/2 or 6 out of 10, with lots of snap. Good blades lengths too, given the size of the frame. This could be the most accessible model in Case’s current line-up. If you were to choose one knife from Case’s current offerings, you could do a lot worse than this one.

OpdW0Q2h.jpg

Yeah, that's a beaut!
It's got nice proportions, and a great spear.
Simple, robust, and really nice lookin'.
You got yourself a good one there Nick :)

Michael

Back