What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carried today in celebration of the coming 2019 BF knife.

kz5Z3Rm.jpg

Me too...Because you made it happen. Thank you Jack.

Here’s a solo shot of the slip case made with the historic fabric, gathered by you, and woven.
B8AAB036-9074-424B-BCF2-8E088696B7F2_zpshwazlxuw.jpeg

A newly acquired, vintage Albert Oates friction folder, lambsfoot.
View attachment 1124788

Glad you like it Harvey, and it's great to see that Sheldon Knife :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :)

That’s a beautiful Daily Double Jack! Two outstanding examples my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks a lot Ron :) :thumbsup:

Miller Bros boys knife today. He’s a little’un and at least 93 years old but walks and talks smoother and snaps harder than most of my other knives. Solid, no play whatsoever, flush at half stop, cocobolo? covers thinly hafted at the liners and just great old time workmanship.

Very nice Nick :thumbsup:

Today with a Lambsfoot duo and a Portuguese jewel!!;):thumbsup:

2qjydcm.jpg
1zyan3c.jpg

Lovely stuff Jose :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and you are totin' a dynamic duo today, too.

Thank you Jack and nice pair o Sheep, but when I look close, I see more than two Lambs;)

Thanks pal :D :thumbsup:

@Duckdog Thank you Stuart. Jack is certainly a fine fellow. So is your Gary Cunningham Hunter. Those scales!

Thanks for the kind words Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I forgot to check my pockets when I slipped in my Lambsfoot de jour, so I've ended up carrying these three :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

DemBEpM.jpg

2eBlEfE.jpg

iOgAMOM.jpg

Glad you like it Harvey, and it's great to see that Sheldon Knife :) :thumbsup:

Very nice Nick :thumbsup:

Lovely stuff Jose :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I forgot to check my pockets when I slipped in my Lambsfoot de jour, so I've ended up carrying these three :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

DemBEpM.jpg

2eBlEfE.jpg

iOgAMOM.jpg
What a Trio Jack! :thumbsup: :D

Good Morning All
Good morning John! A beautiful pair for Thursday! :thumbsup: :)

I’m totin these two today. Hope y’all have a great Thursday! :)

47810638391_9bc9dd3bdb_b_d.jpg

Two knives today. The saw cut bone Mini Copperlock is so pretty, I even included a shot of her backside. Case really does make some extremely nice covers, if you shop around.

The beat up red cross Vic Pioneer is an old friend. It's a nice knife too. Brass center liner and all. I got this one used back in.......... I'm not sure. Maybe 2004 or 2005? After my daughter was born in 2006, I pretty much had zero time for knife collecting. I got realistic, and grabbed for a knife that would give me no hassles and no surprises from day to day. Something with a keen edge and a few tools to get me by. A knife that was slim, well constructed, and not too heavy. This old Pioneer answered the call, and it was pretty much the only knife I carried for many years afterward. It was my gateway back from tacticals to traditional knives, not wanting my daughter to grow up, her friends all thinking she had the weird dad with the collection of giant man-killing serrated black death blades. I was time for a gentler more patient persona.

This is my first time even picking up a Pioneer in a few years. What a treat. I'd forgotten how perfectly crafted these knives are. All of the tools have so much snap. Perfect walk and talk. Not even a remote hint of wobble. Truly well designed tools. And this particular Vic has not only been through hell and back with me, but a previous owner as well. Even though the blade isn't totally full anymore, it still measures to .020" behind the cutting edge, so the grind is nice and thin, the way I like it. I personally love the look of the old red cross Vics, after they've had some pocket time. I normally prefer my traditionals to be scratch free, but Vic alox is the exception to the rule. The patina of worn red alox says so much about the long Victorinox history of excellence and durability. The simplicity of the red cross logo also call to me. I think this may be my answer to carrying a scout pattern this summer, without having to worry about carbon steel.

hA4sXhKh.jpg

Cz1PqH6h.jpg

gFYKmmsh.jpg

BEAUTIFUL Buck there Dwight...LOOK at that Stag
Thanks Paul. Just in case you don't know, that's the knife Glenn modded and gave away in his 2018 Bladeforums GAW. And coincidentally, I'm dropping one in the mail to him today to have his magic performed on. :D

Two knives today. The saw cut bone Mini Copperlock is so pretty, I even included a shot of her backside. Case really does make some extremely nice covers, if you shop around.

The beat up red cross Vic Pioneer is an old friend. It's a nice knife too. Brass center liner and all. I got this one used back in.......... I'm not sure. Maybe 2004 or 2005? After my daughter was born in 2006, I pretty much had zero time for knife collecting. I got realistic, and grabbed for a knife that would give me no hassles and no surprises from day to day. Something with a keen edge and a few tools to get me by. A knife that was slim, well constructed, and not too heavy. This old Pioneer answered the call, and it was pretty much the only knife I carried for many years afterward. It was my gateway back from tacticals to traditional knives, not wanting my daughter to grow up, her friends all thinking she had the weird dad with the collection of giant man-killing serrated black death blades. I was time for a gentler more patient persona.

This is my first time even picking up a Pioneer in a few years. What a treat. I'd forgotten how perfectly crafted these knives are. All of the tools have so much snap. Perfect walk and talk. Not even a remote hint of wobble. Truly well designed tools. And this particular Vic has not only been through hell and back with me, but a previous owner as well. Even though the blade isn't totally full anymore, it still measures to .020" behind the cutting edge, so the grind is nice and thin, the way I like it. I personally love the look of the old red cross Vics, after they've had some pocket time. I normally prefer my traditionals to be scratch free, but Vic alox is the exception to the rule. The patina of worn red alox says so much about the long Victorinox history of excellence and durability. The simplicity of the red cross logo also call to me. I think this may be my answer to carrying a scout pattern this summer, without having to worry about carbon steel.

hA4sXhKh.jpg

Cz1PqH6h.jpg

gFYKmmsh.jpg
Great post as always Buzz. Beautiful knives, the copper lock scales are incredible.

Queen #10 today

YeAG0GY.jpg
Wonderful image Steve.

Thanks GT, and I'm glad we will be seeing more of you in here again. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks GT and good to see you back in this thread :thumbsup:
Thanks pal! :D Great to see you here GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks GT, and welcome back, you have been missed :)
Gary I’ve missed you my friend! :thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment and I’m looking forward to seeing you on a regular basis again! :)
Howdy, Pardner; ain't seen you around these parts lately! Thank you for your kind comments, Gary.
Thanks, GT, and, yes, it was fun. I may be going back out, but was glad to be ashore when you popped back up on this section of the Porch.
- Stuart
John, Steve, Jack, Tom, Ron, Dean, & Stuart,
Thanks for the warm welcome back after my lengthy self-imposed exile. :)

Oh ya, my carry today...
Great photo, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm impressed that you taught a wild beast like Sköll to roll, so you can scratch his belly! ;)

... The Wright fixed blade might be pressed into roast beef slicing duty later, if my girlfriend won’t allow me to sharpen her kitchen knives (she claims they are “too sharp” when I finish them).
:DSounds like a doomed relationship.
Baby steps Jer, she does carry a pink ALOX SAK now. I had to get that for her to arrange a prisoner exchange and release my orange farmer from the captivity of her purse :D
The "too sharp" girlfriend is the same one that took your orange Farmer hostage?? :eek: You are a patient and forgiving man, Tom! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Glad you finally got the Farmer back, even if you had to pay a ransom. :thumbsup::cool::D

I went to the pearl pit and picked this one for totin' today. It's raining a steady drizzle, so I'm using old photos. A stockman with bolsters to spare.
7NHOmq9.jpg

- Stuart
W:eek:W!! That's a pearl of great price, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It’s been a busy weekend. I carried this new Case saddlehorn in bone stag, as well as the GEC Texas Camp Knife to keep Charlie at the forefront of my thoughts.

hg7Yealh.jpg
I'm carrying my new Case sowbelly stockman in bone stag and Tru-Sharp stainless today. This is my second Case sowbelly, the first being a chestnut bone in CV. I really appreciate how thick Case cuts their bone stag, giving it a much nicer grip than their more traditional bone covers.
NpUo8Wdh.jpg
That Camp Knife is colossal, Buzz, but the 2 Case bonestag models really grabbed my attention! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I already knew I had a thang for sowbelly stock knives, but I may soon have to give the saddlehorn pattern a try. :thumbsup:;)

Morning folks, hope everyone had a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

nLRwAak.jpg

qnvZ7Mi.jpg
What a pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The Damascus Lambsfoot is phenomenal, but the scratted Ancient is also an instant classic!

Hope y’all have a great Monday! :)

45023809824_9820d45f1f_b_d.jpg
Today I joined these two in my pocket GEC # 25 in stag and A.Wright & Son Lambsfoot in buffalo!;):thumbsup:

30c7hp5.jpg
2czdm5c.jpg
Ron & José, your black&stag pairs are both striking!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I've been carrying this Case curved jack (loom fixer/half hawk) for the last couple of weeks because I've needed a heavy duty knife while limbing-up Juniper trees to make our place a little safer for the up-coming Wild Land Fire Season. We use a chain saw to do the limbing but a knife always comes in handy when doing chores like this.

eKdVwst.jpg
Venerable but still vivacious knife, ED! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I hope this doesn't indicate that I'm heartless, Dean, but your teardrop makes me smile. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey! Nice to have one of your posts on the current page of this thread!
Hope you are well. Are you still following your meticulous, mathemagician-like pocket knife rotation schedule?
Thanks, Jeff. :) Yes, I still follow my rotation schedule that assigns me a knife each week in each of 13 categories (Alox, non-Alox SAK, bailed non-SAK, plain canoe, fancy canoe, stockman, big, watchpocket, international, peanut-like, stag/horn, lambsfoot, miscellaneous). I also carry 1-2 free choice knives each week (a nod to the "free will vs determinism" controversy), and my 4 true EDCs. I'll have to post some of those for this week before time runs out!
Here are the 4 I always carry:
2018.11.EDC.flash.jpg

- GT

Back