1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  2. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Gary...:thumbsup:

3. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with a GEC # 83 on Ebony and one of these pioneer old cross!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    This trusty companion today.
    [​IMG]

5. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Yesterday & today's combos. wednesday - 1.jpg thursday - 1.jpg

6. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks to a friend here at BFC @Dopic1 ive been carryin’ this GEC Cuban (Stockman) in Buffalo horn. What a gorgeous knife, looks good next to that Lever action Henry .45 Colt carbine. One day I’ll get one of them too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Hunter, jwb01, JJ Cahill and 26 others like this.
  7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Pocket Kukri
    8AF08B4B-8DC3-4AEA-B9D7-DB0AA42035E6.jpeg

TFBraden, Old Hunter, jwb01 and 17 others like this.
  8. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_2262.jpeg

9. mitch13

mitch13

Nov 3, 2004
    Oosti, with san mai blade.

[​IMG]

10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Carried these 2 today . This morning it was just the TC to the YMCA and then coffee with our friends and then I added the $21 Western Beast while I was uncovering and fertilizing our Roses . A yearly chore that has to be done . Got half of them done .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A picture from a previous year .
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Fine knives Harry and your rose garden is simply wonderful. It's hard to believe I'm looking into the same backyard I've been seeing all winter! ;)

Duckdog, dc50, Old Engineer and 2 others like this.
  12. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Dwight . 30 years ago roses were ANNUALS for me and now they are Perennials .

Harry

cigarrodog, Duckdog and Fodderwing like this.
  13. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    [​IMG]

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    A versatile pair you were totin today my friend! I still say you never find another knife as nice as your Western for the money. Those roses look a lot different from when I last saw them! :thumbsup: :D

paulhilborn, Fodderwing, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  15. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’ve been MIA the last couple of days trying to buy a new car and getting packed up for a little R&R. Some buddies are driving to Montana from Wisconsin for a bit of spring bear hunting. I’m headed over in the morning to help spot, hopefully pack a bear, do a little cooking and open a few adult beverages. I’ll toss these two in with me for the trip.

[​IMG]

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks pal, nice pair :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Buck Dwight :thumbsup:

Thank you very much GT, always good to see your Eternals :thumbsup:

Great pics Mr Finn, hope you're enjoying your Elver :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Mmmmm...great-looking TCs too Del ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Nick :thumbsup:

Yes, in slips Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Interesting knife Harvey :thumbsup:

Rushing a bit today! Hope everyone has a good Friday :) Piano keys for me :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Back to office.

[​IMG]

The Zieg, Pinemoon, TFBraden and 18 others like this.
  18. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Hey Rhey? Now that you’ve had your english lambfoot blade, how do you think it compares to a sheepfoot or a wharncliffe blade? BTW, knice blade Rhey.

19. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

20. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Also threw this one in my pocket, a Camillus bird & trout knife. I won’t use it on any critters but I love the long thin California Clip blade. It’s a slicer for sure. I like it for strippin’ wire.

My favorite blade on this knife is the hook. I use it for twistin’ safety wire on nuts and other components prone to vibratin’ loose or if it came apart would cause a critical, possibly fatal failure. Race bikes and airplanes are good examples of where a component failure is bad.

[​IMG]