What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hey Rhey? Now that you’ve had your english lambfoot blade, how do you think it compares to a sheepfoot or a wharncliffe blade? BTW, knice blade Rhey.
I do believe the Lambsfoot is the perfect middle ground: more nimble than the sheepfoot, and sturdier than the wharncliffe. It's the knife Goldilocks would choose. ;)

Last edited:
1999 Schatt & Morgan 4" stockman

Xkhi2lE.jpg

The clear sky to the east, which accounts for the sunlight in today’s photos, gives me hope that I might get to plant my kale and spinach today.
The slightly less than clear sky to the west, and the weather forecast on my phone says I might get wet.
Case jack & Wright LF.View attachment 1125778I swapped my fixed blade for this massive Wenger. In a hypothetical survival situation, one could do a lot worse than this one. The wood saw is big enough to be useful, and the blade locks for safety. The cross is the release button. View attachment 1125779I should be able to survive my trip to the grocery and possible gardening.

Carrying these two today #54 Harness Jack and a #72

The handles on the #54 were a bit lacking in color, kind of a honey tone. I decided to order some potassium permanganate and give it a try, Pretty pleased with the results.

lQiUbKh.jpg

Outstanding pair!!! The potassium permanganate worked beautifully.

I'm carrying my red cross Pioneer again today, along with the new saddelhorn trapper.

wDCzVNUh.jpg

Good Morning!

Ms. Frog is still fat from yesterday’s fare. She is not moving, despite my intrusion. She’s been my pet for 14 years and has outlived 2 males. She usually charges me for intrusions to her habitat. I also have a male Gold Dusted Gecko - in the tank - that is 10+ years old. His mate died 2 years ago and he is now reclusive. I wish I could add animals, but those kill two them, and Ms. Frog eats them, so I quit trying. For the longest time, the Geckos bred and the frogs ate the babies. “Poison Arrow Frogs” & Geckos are very aggressive & territorial about their space, never let anyone tell you different.

563F5814-E267-4E1F-9EA6-F3A805A9DB44.jpeg

Carried these 2 today . This morning it was just the TC to the YMCA and then coffee with our friends and then I added the $21 Western Beast while I was uncovering and fertilizing our Roses . A yearly chore that has to be done . Got half of them done .

A picture from a previous year .

Harry
Very nice Harry, both the knives and the roses:thumbsup: My Nanc is excited to plant but still pretty cool up here:)

Beautiful Buck Dwight
Thanks Jack. Your piano keys are lovely and I always enjoy the tea brewing shots in the wild. :)

Good Morning!

Ms. Frog is still fat from yesterday’s fare. She is not moving, despite my intrusion. She’s been my pet for 14 years and has outlived 2 males. She usually charges me for intrusions to her habitat. I also have a male Gold Dusted Gecko - in the tank - that is 10+ years old. His mate died 2 years ago and he is now reclusive. I wish I could add animals, but those kill two them, and Ms. Frog eats them, so I quit trying. For the longest time, the Geckos bred and the frogs ate the babies. “Poison Arrow Frogs” & Geckos are very aggressive & territorial about their space, never let anyone tell you different.

View attachment 1125802
Very interesting and cool pic.

Hey Rhey? Now that you’ve had your english lambfoot blade, how do you think it compares to a sheepfoot or a wharncliffe blade? BTW, knice blade Rhey.
Thanks Ted. I was thrilled with this knife. Wonderfully crafted. Just about perfect.
Pile side as you requested.IMG_2235.jpeg

The handles on the #54 were a bit lacking in color, kind of a honey tone. I decided to order some potassium permanganate and give it a try, Pretty pleased with the results.
Beautiful results! What a gorgeous pair.

Good Morning!

View attachment 1125802

That is probably the most awesome thing I'm going to read all day. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice Harry, both the knives and the roses:thumbsup: My Nanc is excited to plant but still pretty cool up here:)
Thank you very much Paul . It is still too cool here to put any seeds into the ground here IMO , even though a lot of the farmers have done some planting . My Nancy did plant some Cabbage yesterday and we have a few seeds in our covered Patio Raised Garden . Did you get any of that big snow that Minnesota got ???

Harry

Back