1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I do believe the Lambsfoot is the perfect middle ground: more nimble than the sheepfoot, and sturdier than the wharncliffe. It's the knife Goldilocks would choose. ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    peanutsxx, jwb01, Duckdog and 11 others like this.
  2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    1999 Schatt & Morgan 4" stockman

[​IMG]

Pinemoon, TFBraden, WolfyW and 32 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Love this picture. Makes me wish I was fishing and camping. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Well said, Rachel. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Duckdog, Jack Black and r8shell like this.
  4. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning All
    This should be a good pairing today...
    [​IMG]

5. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    The clear sky to the east, which accounts for the sunlight in today’s photos, gives me hope that I might get to plant my kale and spinach today.
    The slightly less than clear sky to the west, and the weather forecast on my phone says I might get wet.
    Case jack & Wright LF. 8BD011E8-D757-4405-A8F0-CF96E52A5FCA.jpeg I swapped my fixed blade for this massive Wenger. In a hypothetical survival situation, one could do a lot worse than this one. The wood saw is big enough to be useful, and the blade locks for safety. The cross is the release button. 3120ACE7-05FA-4ED6-8776-6C5115685B19.jpeg I should be able to survive my trip to the grocery and possible gardening.

7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Lol :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

8. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Carrying these two today #54 Harness Jack and a #72

The handles on the #54 were a bit lacking in color, kind of a honey tone. I decided to order some potassium permanganate and give it a try, Pretty pleased with the results.

[​IMG]

9. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Outstanding pair!!! The potassium permanganate worked beautifully.

I'm carrying my red cross Pioneer again today, along with the new saddelhorn trapper.

[​IMG]

10. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    Good Morning!

Ms. Frog is still fat from yesterday’s fare. She is not moving, despite my intrusion. She’s been my pet for 14 years and has outlived 2 males. She usually charges me for intrusions to her habitat. I also have a male Gold Dusted Gecko - in the tank - that is 10+ years old. His mate died 2 years ago and he is now reclusive. I wish I could add animals, but those kill two them, and Ms. Frog eats them, so I quit trying. For the longest time, the Geckos bred and the frogs ate the babies. “Poison Arrow Frogs” & Geckos are very aggressive & territorial about their space, never let anyone tell you different.

563F5814-E267-4E1F-9EA6-F3A805A9DB44.jpeg

11. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Very nice Harry, both the knives and the roses:thumbsup: My Nanc is excited to plant but still pretty cool up here:)

Jack Black and Old Engineer like this.
  12. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Great stockman Jeff.

13. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Jack. Your piano keys are lovely and I always enjoy the tea brewing shots in the wild. :)

Very interesting and cool pic.

Thanks Ted. I was thrilled with this knife. Wonderfully crafted. Just about perfect.
    Pile side as you requested. IMG_2235.jpeg

Beautiful results! What a gorgeous pair.

14. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_2130.jpeg IMG_1767.jpeg

15. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    That is probably the most awesome thing I'm going to read all day. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    @Buzzbait Well, thank you, kindly, sir. I did try to make a more interesting post.

I always take delight viewing your well ‘seasoned’ tools - they have so much character.

17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Pinemoon, Duckdog and cigarrodog like this.
  18. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you much Vince! As Don said elsewhere, we are some lucky knifeknuts. :)

Pinemoon, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  19. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

Breakfast.

Maybe an apple now will offset the wonderfully greasy bacon burger I'm gonna have for lunch at a little local haunt today.:D

20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Paul . It is still too cool here to put any seeds into the ground here IMO , even though a lot of the farmers have done some planting . My Nancy did plant some Cabbage yesterday and we have a few seeds in our covered Patio Raised Garden . Did you get any of that big snow that Minnesota got ???

Harry