What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Got it almost 3 years ago on my birthday, out for a walk today
T7WC6yW.jpg

ppSFuFD.jpg

JfIpsjX.jpg

Apparently it's been a while since I last checked in on this thread, and I've ended up a whopping 90 pages behind! :eek: That's too many pages to try and read, quote, etc., but I did skim through all the photos in the last 90 pages, and I'll just say that y'all have posted some beautiful knives. Except for one. You know who you are. ;) :D

It's been jigged-bone Barlows for me lately. I carried the #15 TC most of the week, and the little #25 Barlow yesterday and today.

9hL8pYh.jpg

I also used the saw on this SAK (not sure of the model, I've had this one for a long time) to help make a couple rod holders for this storage crate I'll be using in the back of my fishing kayak. I used a proper saw to cut the pipe to length, but the SAK saw was handy for making the notches at the top. :thumbsup:

ToRiK6L.jpg

At one point the SAK saw reminded me to pay attention and not get careless. :confused:

xX7sBic.jpg
90 pages? Way this thread moves that's like 3-4 days? Lol Nice barlows, nice jigging on the TC. Been on a Barlow kick myself this week:thumbsup:
I carried a Vic camper from age 10 into my early 20's, I can attest to the sharpness of those saws! A slip with one of those don't end in one cut,but at least 2 or more:eek: my fingers well remember the bite of the Vic saw

Page after page of knives to look at, and here I am scrolling back for another look at this hard worked veteran. Broken blade, cracked scales, sharpening loss, it’s got it all. EXACTLY like the priceless heirloom that was always in my Grandpa’s pocket or hand.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for keepin it real, Josh!

My wife did not wake up grouchy this morning...

She let me sleep.
Now she’s off to work, and I’ve had my required two cups of strong, black, dark roast while checking out my favorite web forum, I’m ready for the day.
Mrs Fleschwund said something cryptic the other day about the only gift she wants for Mother’s Day is a clean house.

Wives say the strangest things.

And then they just expect us to figure it out on our own!o_O
View attachment 1126411 A couple of elk stag re-handles for Stagurday to help me figure it out.

Back