1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    7 dot Canoe,6 dot baby Copperhead, both great walk'n'talk, Canoe especially snappy. Both single springs, and excellent fit. The canoe I can see between the blades,but a piece of standard paper won't fit. Of course it rubs a little opening,but with fitment this tight its unavoidable. I'm not knocking current Case, but the quality of these old ones is astounding. Hard to believe these are a mass produced factory knife.

2. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Alox knife for this week has been a Vic Electrician, my first Alox (thanks, Greg):
    [​IMG]

non-Alox SAK for this week has been a Wenger Esquire (from a flea market):
    [​IMG]

Bailed non-SAK for this week has been a Colonial electrician (from a gun&knife show):
    colonial.tl29.sharper.jpg

This week's "fancy" canoe has been this 1975 red bone Case (thanks for offering me a deal I couldn't refuse, Lance):
    [​IMG]

Taramundi purchased in Sevilla, Spain is my International Knife of the Week:
    [​IMG]

- GT

3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Fantastic picture my friend:cool::cool::cool:

4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    That’s a great pair of stag beauties for today Stuart! The FB especially catches my eye! :thumbsup: Your hand cultivator even looks like a custom! :eek: :D

Duckdog and dc50 like this.
  5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you, my friend ! We have had non stop rain for what seems like weeks and the Boots pointed it out to me, floating in my garden bucket :( I tried to save it ...so wondrous...namaste ( the real meaning ) It's cold and wet here, nature is indifferent. The creator does some fine work and I took about 12 photos

Hope your well and warm !

Markesharp and Prester John like this.
  6. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    It’s nice to see the that you’re enjoying it, Gary! There’s never been a doubt in my mind that it ended up with the right guy! -Lance

JohnDF and Prester John like this.
  7. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    My own personal squire for the day :)
    [​IMG]

Jambon, jwb01, Whetstone39 and 17 others like this.
  8. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    That's the one Gary! That's the redbone canoe that made me want one of my own:):thumbsup: Although until I handled one I was afraid that the etch would wear off, I hadn't realized how deeply their etched:thumbsup:

Lance, not only does Gary enjoy it, I enjoyed the pics of his enough to seek one for myself:D:thumbsup:

The Fort, dc50 and Prester John like this.
  9. Markesharp

Markesharp

Mar 8, 2014
    Hi Gevo!
    Love your pics brother.

Half/Stop and Old Engineer like this.
  10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Good to see you around again Mark

Harry

Markesharp likes this.
  11. Markesharp

Markesharp

Mar 8, 2014
    Thank you Harry.

12. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Why hello, my brother !:D!

I hope the universe is treating you well !? Love the new avatar. Thanks for the complement :p Talk to me

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pairing Jose :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron, it is the snappily named Varusteleka Terava Mini_skrama :D I'm liking it a lot :) :thumbsup:

Great Lambsfoot choices gents :thumbsup:

ANOTHER great pairing Jose :) :thumbsup:

Quality pair Stuart :thumbsup:

Nice to see your line-up GT :thumbsup:

Superb pic :thumbsup:

14. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Beautiful pictures and knives Gary, especially the Spanish!!!:cool::thumbsup:

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I forgot to post my carry today :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  18. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Marko! Long time no see! :)

[​IMG]

19. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I noticed that you had picked one up, David. They are fantastic knives. I really think that the Case knives from back then had some of the best bone handles ever produced.

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack.

Quality group you are carrying, Jack.

Pretty as a picture, Dave. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.