What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GzR6cJU.jpg

7 dot Canoe,6 dot baby Copperhead, both great walk'n'talk, Canoe especially snappy. Both single springs, and excellent fit. The canoe I can see between the blades,but a piece of standard paper won't fit. Of course it rubs a little opening,but with fitment this tight its unavoidable. I'm not knocking current Case, but the quality of these old ones is astounding. Hard to believe these are a mass produced factory knife.

Alox knife for this week has been a Vic Electrician, my first Alox (thanks, Greg):
6aHm7QV.jpg

non-Alox SAK for this week has been a Wenger Esquire (from a flea market):
iBdhU91.jpg

Bailed non-SAK for this week has been a Colonial electrician (from a gun&knife show):
colonial.tl29.sharper.jpg

This week's "fancy" canoe has been this 1975 red bone Case (thanks for offering me a deal I couldn't refuse, Lance):
Fdj4R0p.jpg

Taramundi purchased in Sevilla, Spain is my International Knife of the Week:
esq7JrY.jpg

- GT

Hoping to get some overgrown mint removed so that I can plant a couple of basil plants and tarragon plants before the rain starts back up. I'm totin' a Eldon Courtney folder (2 11/16" closed) and the first Gary Cunningham small (6" OAL) hunter that I purchased from Gary back in 2017.

ddHahaG.jpg

53t2uFd.jpg

- Stuart
That’s a great pair of stag beauties for today Stuart! The FB especially catches my eye! :thumbsup: Your hand cultivator even looks like a custom! :eek: :D

Fantastic picture my friend:cool::cool::cool:
Thank you, my friend ! We have had non stop rain for what seems like weeks and the Boots pointed it out to me, floating in my garden bucket :( I tried to save it ...so wondrous...namaste ( the real meaning ) It's cold and wet here, nature is indifferent. The creator does some fine work and I took about 12 photos

Hope your well and warm !

Alox knife for this week has been a Vic Electrician, my first Alox (thanks, Greg):
6aHm7QV.jpg

iBdhU91.jpg

Bailed non-SAK for this week has been a Colonial electrician (from a gun&knife show):
View attachment 1126801

This week's "fancy" canoe has been this 1975 red bone Case (thanks for offering me a deal I couldn't refuse, Lance):
Fdj4R0p.jpg

esq7JrY.jpg

- GT
It’s nice to see the that you’re enjoying it, Gary! There’s never been a doubt in my mind that it ended up with the right guy! -Lance

That's the one Gary! That's the redbone canoe that made me want one of my own:):thumbsup: Although until I handled one I was afraid that the etch would wear off, I hadn't realized how deeply their etched:thumbsup:

Lance, not only does Gary enjoy it, I enjoyed the pics of his enough to seek one for myself:D:thumbsup:

Today with A. Wright & Son, Lambs foot in Pere David stag and also the Portuguese "Veríssimo" as well in stag!;):thumbsup:

21oc2he.jpg
11l22s8.jpg

Nice pairing Jose :thumbsup:

That is a super cool fixed blade Jack, I was admiring it when you posted it previously :thumbsup: :cool:. And agreed, if I could I would carry a fixed blade on my belt every day (instead of a shorter fixed blade in my pocket). Our knife laws permit it, but my employer does not and you would get some strange looks from the uninitiated :).

Thanks a lot Ron, it is the snappily named Varusteleka Terava Mini_skrama :D I'm liking it a lot :) :thumbsup:

I'm a creature of habit... Usual weekend carry...

For Stag Saturday, what else?
j1e9ov5.jpg

Don't forget Mother's Day, everyone!

Great Lambsfoot choices gents :thumbsup:

Today with A. Wright & Son, Lambs foot in Iron wood and also the Weidmannsheil in stag!

15ei68k.jpg
21cb6f7.jpg

ANOTHER great pairing Jose :) :thumbsup:

Hoping to get some overgrown mint removed so that I can plant a couple of basil plants and tarragon plants before the rain starts back up. I'm totin' a Eldon Courtney folder (2 11/16" closed) and the first Gary Cunningham small (6" OAL) hunter that I purchased from Gary back in 2017.

ddHahaG.jpg

53t2uFd.jpg

- Stuart

Quality pair Stuart :thumbsup:

6aHm7QV.jpg

iBdhU91.jpg

View attachment 1126801

Fdj4R0p.jpg

esq7JrY.jpg

- GT

Nice to see your line-up GT :thumbsup:

My own personal squire for the day :)
QovGd7h.jpg

Superb pic :thumbsup:

6aHm7QV.jpg

iBdhU91.jpg

colonial-tl29-sharper-jpg.1126801

Fdj4R0p.jpg

esq7JrY.jpg

Beautiful pictures and knives Gary, especially the Spanish!!!:cool::thumbsup:

That's the one Gary! That's the redbone canoe that made me want one of my own:):thumbsup: Although until I handled one I was afraid that the etch would wear off, I hadn't realized how deeply their etched:thumbsup:

Lance, not only does Gary enjoy it, I enjoyed the pics of his enough to seek one for myself:D:thumbsup:
I noticed that you had picked one up, David. They are fantastic knives. I really think that the Case knives from back then had some of the best bone handles ever produced.

Back