What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today I'm totin' a trapper generously gifted by Prester John Prester John
You introduced me to the full-sized trapper Vince, and gotta say it's a winner :)
I recovered her in walnut and copper pins, and added a lanyard hole.

full
The trapper is certainly one of my favourite patterns. I often have one on my belt, but sometimes carry it in my pocket. It may be the most comfortable knife to hold and use, especially with the clip blade. The ergonomics are just about perfect. And the wood scales you put on look great! :thumbsup:

The trapper is certainly one of my favourite patterns. I often have one on my belt, but sometimes carry it in my pocket. It may be the most comfortable knife to hold and use, especially with the clip blade. The ergonomics are just about perfect. And the wood scales you put on look great! :thumbsup:

Agreed about the ergonomics :thumbsup:
I'm gonna get some more full-sized Trapps, me thinks.
And thanks for the compliment on the scales :)

What a divine piece and so well captured ! Do you know its story ?
Thank you kindly on all counts, Gev. I’m afraid I’m still a babe in the woods when it comes to tracing Lamb foot history. Jack Black Jack Black would know better. The company was from the 19th century, but names and stamps get purchased by others. I would venture to guess that it is at least a century old.

Thank you kindly on all counts, Gev. I’m afraid I’m still a babe in the woods when it comes to tracing Lamb foot history. Jack Black Jack Black would know better. The company was from the 19th century, but names and stamps get purchased by others. I would venture to guess that it is at least a century old.
Thank you, Harvey ! If only we could tap into its memory :)

I think I hear Bach, Cello

Fantastic photo :):thumbsup:

Thank you Gevonovich !
I am fascinated by the Bach cello suites, by Rostropovich and the other great cellist that have recorded them since Casals.
I listen to them almost daily. I have been taking cello lessons for about 7 years now.
And you got all this from a username and a knife picture !!! :) :)

Thank you Gevonovich !
I am fascinated by the Bach cello suites, by Rostropovich and the other great cellist that have recorded them since Casals.
I listen to them almost daily. I have been taking cello lessons for about 7 years now.
And you got all this from a username and a knife picture !!! :) :)
Welcome and point us to your youtube recordings ? wow ...7 years...I admire your passion :thumbsup::thumbsup: The instrument is magical

Welcome and point us to your youtube recordings ? wow ...7 years...I admire your passion :thumbsup::thumbsup: The instrument is magical

The cello took hold of me as an adult, I can only partake in a very small way of the magic of the instrument and get a glimpse of what the great ones must feel playing it.

Gevonovich Gevonovich Very nice Gev! The patina is gorgeous. Thanks for the photos and the orange blossom link. I was guessing it was a Catt from that swage. I love all those knives in the 2nd pic especially the ebony swell center. Are they all Catts? Whatever they are, they are all beauties!!

Last edited:
Back