What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gevonovich Gevonovich Very nice Gev! Thanks for the photos and the orange blossom link. I was guessing it was a Catt from that swage. I love all those knives in the 2nd pic especially the ebony swell center. Are they all Catts? Whatever they are, they are all beauties!!
All Catts :)

12178918146_76611fbb18_k.jpg

Thank you kindly on all counts, Gev. I’m afraid I’m still a babe in the woods when it comes to tracing Lamb foot history. Jack Black Jack Black would know better. The company was from the 19th century, but names and stamps get purchased by others. I would venture to guess that it is at least a century old.

Beautiful old Lambsfoot Harvey, I'll try to find time to post what history I can find in the Guardians thread tomorrow :thumbsup:

Great picture of that Pinched Peanut, Dwight! If I didn't already have one I'd be ordering one right now!
Thanks Gary. I know what you mean. :)

Like some others, I just got caught up on this thread. Whew o_O ...
It's a busy time of year here in Maine when you own a boat and working to get it ready for the season.

Yesterday I worked putting some new plywood down on the front deck of "Moonrise," my custom pontoon houseboat creation.

full

2019 is her 10th anniversary :)
I'm going to reward her with some new carpet.

Sure was entertaining going through all the posts here. Some real eye-candy :cool:
I wore out my "like" button for sure!
We are very lucky knife-nuts :cool:
Our collections give others joy through sharing here on The Porch :thumbsup:

Today I'm totin' a trapper generously gifted by @Prester John
You introduced me to the full-sized trapper Vince, and gotta say it's a winner :)
I recovered her in walnut and copper pins, and added a lanyard hole.

full

Hope everyone's having a good day, mothers and others :)
~Don
The SS Moonrise. Swan silent, Mourning dove soft... She is a strikingly beautiful creation.

Wow...glorious day indeed !! I can't pick one
Thank you my friend. The Catt OB is heavenly.

Art !!!!!
Thank you very much Gevo . I have to agree with you on the statement of ART . I did not show it but it is a Splitback Whittler with 3 blades . I admire the Design and Manufacturing Skill involved in creating and producing one without blades touching and scraping . I consider myself to have been very lucky to finally acquire a bonafide Cargill . The fact that it is in Stag is for me a real Plus .
Keep Well my Friend .

Harry

Mothers day was a great day spent with Nanc and our dogs. Pocketed the ebony 83 for a very enjoyable day spent entirely outside:thumbsup:
hJzTfN.jpg

They pose nicely for the camera, just not together:thumbsup:
UbAiey.jpg

NFnlzi.jpg
Pretty good picture of a very nice knife that 83 my friend . The pictures of your dogs shows to me that they just want to please their masters.

Harry

Back