What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

kbXCmKb.jpg

We are continuing to have mixed showers and downpours, so when I go out of the house today I will be wearing boots, rubber or waterproofed leather. Make sense to tote a boot knife inside my boot and shielded by my pant leg: a Gerber Mark 1 combat dagger in L6 tool steel with Armorhide coated aluminum handle (Metallic Monday??). Also, in my pocket, a Camillus USMC Engineer's Knife with more tools than I'll need today.

eaqRb4S.jpg

HzLlE3Y.jpg

It is hard to see in this picture, thankfully, that the the bottom pile-side bolster of the Engineer is corroded black, the only real blemish on a handsome old worker.

- Stuart

Outstanding choice of pocket knife!!!!

Slowly catching up, a bit at a time.

Fantastic fixed blades :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Tom. You set a good example with your posts.

Schrade sleeveboard

That's a beauty, Nick, and you've been posting some fine ones.

Eventually I get to install these two
2-3/4"x16"x24' lvl beams to eliminate a load bearing wall. The knives are helping, so far the Boker sharpened my pencil:D:thumbsup:

That's a sharp looking trio, Dave, but what really caught my eye: a 24' run!! You've got some work cut out for you, pal.

Thanks Tom, I'd carry a fixed-blade every day (as I did in the past) if our knife laws hadn't got so stupid o_O Got some work to do out in the garden this evening, so I'm carrying this Mini-Skrama :thumbsup:

I'm getting fond of the full-bodied little fellow, Jack. Very cool!

This - new one from Artesanía Herreros of Albacete Spain - a custom ordered Sailor's Knife with Teak scales and nickel silver details - 3" sheepsfoot blade of 440B steel.

A sailor's knife with teak covers - very fitting. Nice knife.

View attachment 1125979 View attachment 1125978

An instant classic cigar and a vintage classic barlow.

The Case XX is moving north to @NewBlades16 as a thanks for being a good friend and sharing a few most excellent smokes!

Wow!! And goodbye. that's a fine one and a nice gesture.

I’m late posting today. I took my younger brother and we did some errands today. I’ve had these two in my pocket. A Case 06247Pen from 1974 and a wee Sambar Lambsfoot! Hope everyone has a great day! :D

That Case is superb, Ron, and a fine pairing.

"Plain" Canoe of the Week is a RR Bolster Stripes canoe with peachseed-ish bone:

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a RR clip/spey serpentine pen knife with grooved buffalo horn covers and copper bolsters, pins, and liners:

The canoe is a real showboat, GT, and the pen is alluring - and that's no bull.

I am enjoying your fixed blade phase Stuart, and hoping it lasts a long time :).

Thanks, Tom, and so do I.

Busy week, going to try and catch up viewing everyone's carry's. I bought this 1980 63032 last week, came in on Wednesday and went into my pocket, a duplicate to my 1978 6332. OH

Classic pair there, OH.

Totin a big'n today (Thanks Barrett). :)

And a classy classic with you, Dwight.

- Stuart

We’re in the middle of a weekend of rain. :( This is an old photo, but I really liked this combo, so I thought I would go with these two today! :D

I feel your rain pain, Ron, and understand the need to use old photos in a pinch. Nice duo, too.

That pair sways me.

Old #51 today ;)

Ro3Ivvu.jpg

Old, but sturdy, Steve. I hope to be that way.

Today with A. Wright & Son, Lambs foot in Iron wood and also the Weidmannsheil in stag!

I wish that my stag Weidmannshell was half as nice as yours.

Grateful to @Gary W. Graley for allowing me to buy this Amherst Cutlery Crown Jack. It is really a cool knife. Thank you Gary.

That's a beaut, Harvey.

Great composition in that photo, Gev. I was transfixed.

GzR6cJU.jpg

7 dot Canoe,6 dot baby Copperhead, both great walk'n'talk, Canoe especially snappy. Both single springs, and excellent fit. The canoe I can see between the blades,but a piece of standard paper won't fit. Of course it rubs a little opening,but with fitment this tight its unavoidable. I'm not knocking current Case, but the quality of these old ones is astounding. Hard to believe these are a mass produced factory knife.

An absolutely fabulous pair, David. You done good, bud. You are right about the old Cases.

- Stuart

We are continuing to have mixed showers and downpours, so when I go out of the house today I will be wearing boots, rubber or waterproofed leather. Make sense to tote a boot knife inside my boot and shielded by my pant leg: a Gerber Mark 1 combat dagger in L6 tool steel with Armorhide coated aluminum handle (Metallic Monday??). Also, in my pocket, a Camillus USMC Engineer's Knife with more tools than I'll need today.

eaqRb4S.jpg

HzLlE3Y.jpg

It is hard to see in this picture, thankfully, that the the bottom pile-side bolster of the Engineer is corroded black, the only real blemish on a handsome old worker.

- Stuart

Nice old Engineer !

Back