What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That Case is superb, Ron, and a fine pairing.
Thanks Stuart. The 06247 is one of my Case favorites, and I really love that beautiful Red Bone from the early 70’s! :thumbsup: :)

I feel your rain pain, Ron, and understand the need to use old photos in a pinch. Nice duo, too.
Sunshine and blue skies today my friend! Thanks for the compliment Stuart! :)

Compelling sleeveboard shadow lambsfoot, Harvey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I didn't post all of the knives I was carrying last week, so I'll post a couple I missed along with what replaces them in the schedule for the new week that starts today.
Miscellaneous Knife last week was a Case CV chestnut jigged bone mini trapper, and this week the miscellaneous category will be represented by a Case Caliber muskrat:
TkX0ofm.jpg

View attachment 1127547

Lambsfoot of the Week last week was my stag Cracker Jack, and this week is my horn Lam Jack:
View attachment 1127548
EQZ755q.jpg

- GT
Thank you GT. Unfortunately @Jack Black said it was a sharpened and worn down penknife which had some of the attributes of a Lambsfoot. Close but no cigar.:) Your knife menu look great, but the image of the Case Caliber Muskrat is spectacular.:thumbsup:

Nice pairings there gents :) :thumbsup:

Great pics Paul, your #83 looks like a workhorse :thumbsup:

Now I've got the theme from Rawhide in my head Dave! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, but I think you'd soon be telling me to shut up! :eek: :D Excellent line-up there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Big and beautiful Ron :thumbsup:

I've had my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot with me today :) Hope everyone's week is off to a good start :thumbsup:

THzrAOI.jpg
The ad is as cool as your AC.

Harry & Stuart, do you recommend that every traditional knife knut own at least one folding hunter? I don't have one, and I can't imagine carrying/using one very often (this dog don't hunt), but they surely seem to be an iconic pattern!

TkX0ofm.jpg

View attachment 1127547

Lambsfoot of the Week last week was my stag Cracker Jack, and this week is my horn Lam Jack:
View attachment 1127548
EQZ755q.jpg

- GT
Nice carries for you today Gary especially your Lam Jack .
I don't know if everyone should have a Folding Hunter , but I needed one for my meager collection . I really like to carry mine , in fact I carried mine today while I was working outside . I kind of feel like they are indestructible , but I know they are not . I can highly recommend the Western and I expect that you could get one for less the a Case . The way you collect various patterns , IMHO YOU NEED ONE .

Harry

Nice carries for you today Gary especially your Lam Jack .
I don't know if everyone should have a Folding Hunter , but I needed one for my meager collection . I really like to carry mine , in fact I carried mine today while I was working outside . I kind of feel like they are indestructible , but I know they are not . I can highly recommend the Western and I expect that you could get one for less the a Case . The way you collect various patterns , IMHO YOU NEED ONE .

Harry
I've enjoyed my folding hunter (Buck 450--not made any more, I don't think). Mostly carried on belt for (infrequent) hunting trips or (frequent) camping trips. Don't do much of either anymore, although I think I have to take my daughter hog hunting this year. A Buck 110 would probably be better. I plan to get one.

Thanks Stuart. The 06247 is one of my Case favorites, and I really love that beautiful Red Bone from the early 70’s! :thumbsup: :)

Sunshine and blue skies today my friend! Thanks for the compliment Stuart! :)

Ron, I looked in the Case cave to see if I had any two-blade 47s , but I don't. I have some 3 and 4 blade 47/047p/047HP. I have these 2 blade 042 and 07, though, and they are close, and I agree with the early red bone. A 62042 (1965-1969) and a 6207 (1965-1969):

z6i0OaL.jpg

3kYVgPj.jpg

ie0gJkP.jpg

- Stuart

Ron, I looked in the Case cave to see if I had any two-blade 47s , but I don't. I have some 3 and 4 blade 47/047p/047HP. I have these 2 blade 042 and 07, though, and they are close, and I agree with the early red bone. A 62042 (1965-1969) and a 6207 (1965-1969):

z6i0OaL.jpg

3kYVgPj.jpg

ie0gJkP.jpg

- Stuart

Stuart, both nice as they come - however the 6207 is stunning! OH

Back