What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That pic is stunning, my friend. You got the touch!

Mail from Spain has arrived. My latest navaja by ArtesaniaHerreros

full
full

~Don

Some of the knives I'll carry all week.
Alox of the Week is a red Vic Cadet:
5GsTSiA.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Tinker (my first ever Victorinox, obtained only 5 years ago):
jLA1Ryy.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles Workman Trapper:
View attachment 1128464

Stockman of the Week is a Buck 303 Cadet (thanks, Clay):
hrAcX9S.jpg

- GT
That red alox is bright enough to light up the darkest night. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Two fine images. I also love seeing your other than Lambsfoot knives. The Case images is smashing.

Thank you Harvey, that's a great-looking William Rodgers :) :thumbsup:

That is a very nice lambsfoot, Jack. :thumbsup: As for the advertisement, was it pipes or tobacco or both that were in short supply or nonexistent during the war?

While tobacco was frequently rationed during the war, the combat in north Africa made briar (the root of the tree heath) for pipe bowls extremely difficult to come by. Several substitutes were tried, none of which proved entirely satisfactory.

Thank you for the compliment Dean, and thanks to our friend Frailer for ably answering your question :thumbsup:

Miller Bros and Cattaraugus

Lovely pair Nick :thumbsup:

I’m carrying these two today. One of my 2018 Forum knives and my Wright’s large Rosewood Lambsfoot. I’ve been out all day running errands and enjoying the beautiful sunshine and unseasonably cool weather! :)

32865062288_ed971820c5_b_d.jpg

Nice pairing Ron :thumbsup:

2 Bolster Lambsfoot in rosewood and a GEC 15 in green linen for me today.

UZk0dgY.jpg

Useful pair Jordan :thumbsup:

Beautiful pair, Jack.

Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. That sailor's knife really sets my sails. A handsome knife.

Thank you Stuart, one of Charlie's finest IMO :) :thumbsup:

Today the mail knocked on the door, so I walked with this good Guardians "18" in Ebony, won by this lucky man in the GIVEAWAY of the 1000 pages of "Guardians of the Lambsfoot", thanks Jack!:D:thumbsup:

346n98z.jpg
eq9ifc.jpg
28jyvs7.jpg

Glad it made it Jose :thumbsup:

Cool pic David :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you. :)
I'm carrying a smooth bone Rough Rider Barlow today, trying to decide if/what to scrimshaw. o_O
wyiKoJ5.jpg

I have one of those somewhere Rachel, nice knife :) It's going to look great scrimshawed :thumbsup:

Interesting knife Dwight :thumbsup:

Mail from Spain has arrived. My latest navaja by ArtesaniaHerreros

full
full

~Don

Congratulations Don, looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Morning folks, just this TEW for me today :) :thumbsup:

sdgmfxF.jpg

Vic Pioneer and the Case Tribal Lock again today. The more I carry the Tribal, the more I like it. The size and shape of the frame, combined with the slight swell of the bone stag, feels amazing in the hand. This is a very solid and sturdy knife, more so than other Case knives in my collection. No frame flex whatsoever. Nice thin flat blade grind too, that cuts like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not quite sure how to say this, but this is my best attempt to describe the bone stag Tribal Lock. It's a production knife, and the fit and finish is production quality. But the design of the knife "feels custom". The solidity of the frame. The way it feels in the hand. That perfect blade shape, and the way the blade flows with the shape of the frame when open. The interesting tang shape. The slightly oversized size of the knife. This all adds up to something that is as much artistry as it is utility. Really, really good knife.

VMRJQXCh.jpg

Back