What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

puLxqr4.jpg

I was bit by the cattleman bug....now I'm craving Ebony

I just found out recently that what I had bought a couple of years ago was not a regular production Grohmann mini Russell. I bought it from a store that is now closed after the owner passed away.
I do agree that the regular drop point looks better than the clip point.
The ergonomics are the best, I only have about 25 knives but no other knife I have is as comfortable in my hand as this one.
I bought it because being Canadian I wanted a knife made in Canada, and the history of it's founder is very interesting. Same reason I bought my opinels, bucks, cases, victorinox. laguiole,. I enjoy learning about the history behind these knives.
For what I read, Grohmanns are very popular among Canadian outdoor/hunter types.
Also the lock is rock solid. When you hold the knife at both ends and try to force blade play it feels like a solid piece. Maybe because it is a mid lock. My back locks have a certain "bendiness" to them when I do this (even if they no blade play at all).

Anyhoo LOL, I will have to get me regular one now :)
I have seen the clip point mini russell somewhere, but can't remember where. I checked the usual Canadian websites but only see the standard drop point version.

WAIT, found it (S&R) but they are out of stock.

and while I'm here, might as well show off my beauty
VpK3jZZ.jpg

^That’s one of your prettier knives, Jack Black Jack Black , and I like the bag. I’ve been using a little leather bag to hold my guitar picks. I mostly finger pick, but that’s what pockets are for ~ knives and guitar picks. And the little bag is, well, fun.View attachment 1131026Emil Voos’s Jack Knife joins me today.
Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.View attachment 1131025

^That’s one of your prettier knives, Jack Black Jack Black , and I like the bag. I’ve been using a little leather bag to hold my guitar picks. I mostly finger pick, but that’s what pockets are for ~ knives and guitar picks. And the little bag is, well, fun.View attachment 1131026Emil Voos’s Jack Knife joins me today.
Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.View attachment 1131025

Thanks a lot Jeff, that's a cool wee bag :) :thumbsup:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a GEC #85 (thanks, Paul):
bH309OZ.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
FmxVhOw.jpg

- GT

Two nice ones GT :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Dwight :) :thumbsup:

As some of you saw in my Beverages post last night, the family of my late buddy found some of his pocket knives while we were cleaning out his house the past few days. I didn't know that he had any, and he never carried them for the 20 or so years that I knew him. They knew that I like knives (the fixed blade on my belt may have been a clue) so they gave these to me yesterday, from the top: Schrade 108OT (1946-1973), Case 051 Fishtail lockback with Pakkawood covers (P1051 1/2 L SSP, 1986), and a Craftsman 95075 lockback. These are as they found them, and they are incredibly sharp (and I know that he couldn't sharpen a knife). I'm totin' all three today.

XTFvs2d.jpg

B1CeJjl.jpg

I7tqKHY.jpg

We also found these two puzzling pieces. I thought that they were leather punches, until one of his nephews mentioned that my buddy worked summers during his early college days (he ended up with a Phd in history) installing HVAC ducting. Bingo! They are sheet metal scribing tools, one factory made (with replaceable tip), one handmade.

JMFwcON.jpg

- Stuart

As some of you saw in my Beverages post last night, the family of my late buddy found some of his pocket knives while we were cleaning out his house the past few days. I didn't know that he had any, and he never carried them for the 20 or so years that I knew him. They knew that I like knives (the fixed blade on my belt may have been a clue) so they gave these to me yesterday, from the top: Schrade 108OT (1946-1973), Case 051 Fishtail lockback with Pakkawood covers (P1051 1/2 L SSP, 1986), and a Craftsman 95075 lockback. These are as they found them, and they are incredibly sharp (and I know that he couldn't sharpen a knife). I'm totin' all three today.

XTFvs2d.jpg

B1CeJjl.jpg

I7tqKHY.jpg

We also found these two puzzling pieces. I thought that they were leather punches, until one of his nephews mentioned that my buddy worked summers during his early college days (he ended up with a Phd in history) installing HVAC ducting. Bingo! They are sheet metal scribing tools, one factory made (with replaceable tip), one handmade.

JMFwcON.jpg

- Stuart
I know you weren’t helping for a material reward, which makes their gift extra special.

I had that exact same Craftsman. I bought while working at Sears hardware helping Dad pay for my college. I wonder where it went.

Back