What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

For Friday:
WESCTHM.jpg

Rosewood lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield. My working knife.

And:
kTH6d26.jpg

Polished stag navaja from @ArtesaniaHerreros, Albacete, España. My fighting knife. ;)

We went down to one of the beach pavilions and had us a little picnic for supper tonight! :) The fresh South Georgia tomatoes were no match for my trusty Rosewood Bigun! We microwaved us a bunch of bacon in our room. We had provolone cheese and mayo. Fresh tater chips and ice cold Coke’s rounded out the menu! :thumbsup: :)

View attachment 1133719

View attachment 1133718
Great pictures my friend . I do not think that the tomatoes had much chance against the Bigun . It appears that you folks are just having too much fun .

Harry

First photo post here. Hope it goes ok.
Been lurking a long time, and have been a traditional knife guy my whole life. Looking forward to the Forum journey!
View attachment 1133200
Tidioute 381315

This just won't do...we need more pictures of this knife, with the blades open! Oh, and welcome aboard!

I hadn't carried this one in a while, and it was feeling lonely.
SUQQ7n5.jpg

I do use a fanny pack to tote some of the 17-20 knives I keep handy each day....

I have a very old Buck 110 one of my brothers gave me a couple of years ago, but almost never carry it because it's SO heavy (and ugly, IMHO :rolleyes:). :(

Speaking of teachable moments, I wondered if "old curmudgeon" was redundant (are there any young curmudgeons?). In the course of investigating, I discovered that no one seems sure of the origin of the word! :eek:

- GT

Gary, it's not the Buck that's heavy...:D

Speaking of curmudgeons, to paraphrase the old Congressional hearings on decency, "I may not be able to define it, but I know it when I see it." ;)

We went down to one of the beach pavilions and had us a little picnic for supper tonight! :) The fresh South Georgia tomatoes were no match for my trusty Rosewood Bigun! We microwaved us a bunch of bacon in our room. We had provolone cheese and mayo. Fresh tater chips and ice cold Coke’s rounded out the menu! :thumbsup: :)

View attachment 1133719

View attachment 1133718

~ “Front desk...”

~ “Room 602. How come the whole floor smells like bacon?”

~ “Sorry sir, but the guests at the end of the hall are from Tennessee.”
View attachment 1133773

I allways thought that while the Fox/Bastinelli friction folder is a fine knife, there was something that irritated me. So I took out the dremel and did the deed. The blade shape can still be refined.

XFkpDdX.jpg

Still this one. I'm working on the tip shape, trying to get a smooth curve. This steel is hard on the eguipment. Also I'm not fond of the sheath, the color and shape remind me of a rotten banana.

Thanks for the stickers Logan @L.H.S! Went right on my beer fridge!
View attachment 1133622

Cool pic Taylor :thumbsup:

View attachment 1133719

View attachment 1133718

Good to know you're having such a great time Ron :thumbsup:

For Friday:
WESCTHM.jpg

Rosewood lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield. My working knife.

And:
kTH6d26.jpg

Polished stag navaja from @ArtesaniaHerreros, Albacete, España. My fighting knife. ;)

A fine pairing Vince :thumbsup:

Have a good Friday folks :) :thumbsup:

BsPLgz9.jpg

hm1t6M0.jpg

Back