What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

PAL in my pocket

5mIjaaN.jpg

Half/Stop Half/Stop ~ Oh he most certainly has, Ron! Must never forget that!
:):):thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
CZaupyC.jpg

It's a picture of a hat and hunting vest and coat with 3 Lab puppies in the pockets hanging on a wall. Part of a "Nostalgic Art" series. Theres one Called "Ten point buck" that I'd like to find on the same knife as this. Of course it's a pic of a whitetail buck.
Thanks, David, that's a very distinctive artistic touch for that fabulous knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (I haven't seen something like that before, but I don't get out much. :rolleyes:)

A little 3"closed serpentine Schrade Walden Jack, solid with no play whatsoever and scary sharp carbon blade:thumbsup:
dODk7J.jpg

Cool old knife, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, I'm not a southpaw, but as I always open the knives with my left hand I bought to try!:D:D
And I'm enjoying the experience!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the interesting info, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool: You might like this thread about a variety of ways folks open their traditional folders: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-many-ways-do-you-open-a-slipjoint.1245274/

That's a pleasing patriotic cast metal knife, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Memorial Day !

Camillus USA engineers knife

Q7wgbPS.jpg
Classic camper, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

E Weck & Son
That E Weck is one of my favorites of yours, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Noteworthy shot of your noble "Good Roads" knife, Dwight! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is the circular object some kind of "pill box"?

:) Happy Memorial Day. :)
Such a simple knife, and so stunning! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you for your comments, Gary! One of the best knife purchases I ever made was that mini copperhead inspired by yours. :):thumbsup:
:cool::thumbsup::D

Memorial Day carry.

Excellent choice, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you Gary for the nice words. Also, you are so right about personal taste, of which you have good taste in abundance.
Thanks for the encouragement, Harvey. :)

Those two pairs will beat most hands out there, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Used this one today to cut some asparagus before the rains came .

Harry
Style and substance, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today with Case mini trapper in stag!:):thumbsup:
What an impressive stag trio, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a great looking little knife. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, John, I appreciate that coming from a small knife lover like yourself! :)

I think some rosewood for Tuesday:
KSuF61x.jpg

Lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.
Rosewood Lambsfoot Today
Champion choices, Vince & John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm carrying my rosewood Union Jack all week, and it's probably my favorite lambsfoot, but it doesn't have the dark, rich wood that your African rosewood models have!

Easy carry, cuts like razor.

AppNwrp.jpg
And also very handsome! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Did you add the texture to the handle? How was that done?

We also had our "day of the fallen" recently. An old retired Israeli soldier I happened to meet said to me he had read the classic Finnish war novel "Unknown soldier". He said "war is hell, anytime, anywhere". He had been in almost every major war his country had fought. I don't have to agree with politics, but I can feel sympathy for the men and women fighting it.

I heard recently that I have a fallen hero in my family. A dog. My granddad, since he was a police chief had a german shepherd. This dog was used in the battle as a message carrier and was killed in 1944 at Viipuri bay. My mother's family, being farmers, had a horse that was taken to war. It returned home. My mother told me that the scene of a horse running round the yard, neighing with joy brought tears to everybody's eyes. My father has also a veteran status, nothing really major. He was leading an anti aircraft gun.
Thought-provoking post, @HFinn. :thumbsup::thumbsup: The story about the war horse coming home happy brought tears to my eyes at breakfast this morning.

New carries for me today, as my previous trio seems to have run out of luck. I replaced the Pioneer X with a blue farmer, the bark river with a John Lloyd Lanny’s clip and the GEC with a custom from Evan Miller.

AzXruAn.jpg
Still got the colors; good luck, Tom! I thought your previous trio contained your blue Farmer, not a Pioneer X. :(:rolleyes: My Alox ID skills definitely need sharpening.

That jigged bone lambsfoot AND the young lady on the mint button both have plenty of moxie, Harvey!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fine foursome GT :thumbsup:
7qNdJd1.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :) That's some stylish, stygian ebony you're sporting! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Schrade 61OT ...
RfY8bcn.jpg

The schrade 861 (and its old timer analog the 61OT) is an excellent stockman pattern. The handle is 4" and is sleek and slim. The slim blades are very precise and handy and the handle is very comfortable to hold due to the shape, length and the sunken joints. You can get a nice hand filling grip on this knife. When using the sheepsfoot blade the handle feels as if it has no other blades in it.

When it comes to a practical, comfortable and highly useful stockman this is one of the best types I have ever used. It has great lines as well.

View attachment 1136227
View attachment 1136228
The 61OT is one of my favorite large stock knives, although mine is "only" a Chinese version. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the rave review you wrote, Paul; I think it's right on the money. ;):thumbsup:

- GT

Big Knife this week is an Imperial USA clip/pen toothpick (thanks, Dave):
toothpick.mark.Vstand.patio.jpg

Watchpocket Knife this weeks a Rough Rider tobacco bone cannitler:
sXLcNKq.jpg

International Knife this week is a Mercator Black Cat:
550M62V.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first knife ever:
pXfUE8S.jpg

- GT

Those two pairs will beat most hands out there, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks Gary! :)

This one today while we working in the yard planting some flowers and hanging some flowers in baskets . We need another run of these knives .

Harry
Harry I see you’ve been hanging out in bay three! ;) That Lick Creek is one of the best knives they have made, IMHO! :thumbsup: :cool:

Watchpocket Knife this weeks a Rough Rider tobacco bone cannitler:
sXLcNKq.jpg
Gary your RR has some beautiful bone! Overall a very nice looking watch pocket knife! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks GT. It is a "coin" knife. I don't have a pic of it open but you can see the blades from this side of it.View attachment 1136432
Dwight that’s a really cool coin knife! :thumbsup: :D

Harry I see you’ve been hanging out in bay three! ;) That Lick Creek is one of the best knives they have made, IMHO! :thumbsup: :cool:
:D
Thank you my friend . Yes , we were in and out of Bay 3 a number of times during the day getting Stuff . Planting Climatis Vines with me having only one usable hand was a little harder than I thought it would be , but we got'er done .
I also believe that the Lick Creek Farmer's Knives are some of the Very Best that GEC has done that I am aware of and they have done a bunch of great ones .

Harry

Back