What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

DbMWYzd.jpg

Thick and thin:
ze2s2r0.jpg

A4q7XR7.jpg

And the Woodranger, mostly for the saw

I actually have three traditionals with me today (overkill?). I have my newly acquired Lionsteel shuffler on my belt, and I brought two "newly discovered" small pocketknives with me. One is a Case barehead peanut, two dot (1978?) that I found in the floorboard of a car my uncle had been working on, about 19 years ago. It was rusted almost to the point of not opening, so I tossed it in a junk jar on my dresser, and forgot about it until a few days ago.
The other is a Schrade Walden Old Timer minuteman, with sawcut delrin scales. They were apparently made from 1947 to 1973. It's main blade has been sharpened down some, but it's still got a lot of life left in it.
I need to clean up the rust from both of them, but they are fully serviceable as is.

20190530_071648_resized_zpsdeeutzux.jpg

Really like this Lannys Clip from Tony Conlon...........don't think I'm gonna lose it in a hurry

I work from home and whenever I open the fridge, suddenly there's one or both of my two boys there. This one, I'm sure, is a labrador, not a cat.........he'll eat any and everything off my plate...

IMG_0904.jpg

I actually have three traditionals with me today (overkill?). I have my newly acquired Lionsteel shuffler on my belt, and I brought two "newly discovered" small pocketknives with me. One is a Case barehead peanut, two dot (1978?) that I found in the floorboard of a car my uncle had been working on, about 19 years ago. It was rusted almost to the point of not opening, so I tossed it in a junk jar on my dresser, and forgot about it until a few days ago.
The other is a Schrade Walden Old Timer minuteman, with sawcut delrin scales. They were apparently made from 1947 to 1973. It's main blade has been sharpened down some, but it's still got a lot of life left in it.
I need to clean up the rust from both of them, but they are fully serviceable as is.

20190530_071648_resized_zpsdeeutzux.jpg

That peanut is identical to my redbone peanut that’s always in my guitar pick pocket. Mine suffered from neglact as well. I don’t think it is a barehead though, with bolsters at each end.

Three is minimum, not overkill!

That peanut is identical to my redbone peanut that’s always in my guitar pick pocket. Mine suffered from neglact as well. I don’t think it is a barehead though, with bolsters at each end.

Three is minimum, not overkill!

Yeah, I don't know. I was just going off a chart someone posted online.... the model is a 6220. I figured it was a regular peanut, I had never heard of a barehead peanut, but that's what that chart called it.
I'm still a complete newbie when it comes to knife models/names... heck, I almost got used to Smith and Wesson's numbering system, then they changed it...

Glock is just full goose bozo with their numbering "system" (I use the term 'system' very loosely here)

I'm too old to keep up with all those numbers...:eek: don't even get me started on "passwords"..:mad:

Nice TP Topper. I'm thinking about getting one. I love caplifters :thumbsup:
Had it long? How are you finding it quality-wise?
Some reviews are saying pivot loosens/play develops after a while.

The 83 today, one of my favorites.

full
So far so good, only have had it for a couple of days. Fit and finish is great. Lil gritty on the lifter, but blade is smooth opening and closing. All my grinds are good and came sharp. No spaces in the backsprings either. Overall a great knife. Reminds me of a custom, with super steel and premium covers.

Back