1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Here you go Ron . 4 Pieces left , one for each of us .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We will be bringing Kringles , Brats , and Cheese Curds . Maybe we can talk some of the other guys joining us for Coffee and Kringle ???

Harry[/QUOTE]
    Now you’re talking, Harry. Bon Appétit:)

Maybe we should start a thread called sweets and knives.:)

@Jack Black A nice view to go with the nice knives.

2. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    My trio is apparently lucky, as the Blues won last night! Funny thing about the Queen Barlow:
    It isn’t actually “mine”, but is to be a gift for my nephew when he is old enough, his first pocket knife. It needs a little tlc so I am going to polish and oil it tonight.

[​IMG]

3. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Queen #10 today

[​IMG]

4. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Just picked this up about a week and a half ago. Sure came in handy when I had to cut a portion of my engine bay splash guard off at 04:30 this morning. Long story.

[​IMG]20190525_152446 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr
    [​IMG]

5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I bought this a long time ago when I knew very little about knives. This was my very first knife. All I knew is that I loved its’ look. Rediscovered recently, hidden in a drawer. It’s a Gerber Silver Knight with black MOP, made in Japan, with Ginghami #1 steel. It’s an Al Mar design. I’m no expert, but I want to call it a Barlow(Lockback)with a sort of futuristic flair. With the all the fantastic vintage Traditional knives, regularly shown here, I’m not saying it’s the end all, be all. Just that it was an unexpected treat to find my first knife, again.
    [​IMG]

6. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Old Southington in horn that’s new to me.
    [​IMG]

7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Vince! :)

Here you go Ron . 4 Pieces left , one for each of us .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We will be bringing Kringles , Brats , and Cheese Curds . Maybe we can talk some of the other guys joining us for Coffee and Kringle ???

Harry[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a plan Harry! :thumbsup: It’ll be here before you know it! :D

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    @cigarrodog and @Half/Stop , you guys are torturing me with that pic of Harry's! :eek: :D

Thank you Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Nick :thumbsup:

TFBraden, dc50, Old Engineer and 2 others like this.
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Jack, let me assure you my friend! Pam and I had one of them fresh from the bakery when we visited @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy! The picture doesn’t do it justice! Absolutely delicious with a cup of hot coffee! They’re so good it’ll make your tongue smack your brains out! :eek: :D

Fodderwing, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  10. kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks Jack!:)

11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    A beautiful beer combination with the Guardians 18!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

12. TucsonMik

TucsonMik Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2012
    I've got some time off this summer, so these two are helping me with the "honey do" list today. Darn list keeps growing...;)
    [​IMG]

13. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    A never-ending list....
    Often, a day off is not really a day off. ;)

14. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    The new Warthog and Case Tribal Lock; a seemingly unlikely pair, but remarkably harmonious in use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I love Howlin Wolf!

The Porch. Where we share our common problem.
    My name is Jeff. I have problems, but a shortage of knives is no problem at all. Besides the two totes of the day that are in my rfp, I always have my redbone Peanut in that little pocket made for guitar picks, and a Wenger Esquire on the spare key ring in my lfp. (If you’ve ever locked your only car key in the car, and/or had to do business in some sketchy neighborhoods, you should understand why there is always a spare on me)
    Plus, my cellphone case has an extra pocket for a Leatherman, and a tiny Maglite. So I’d say your only problem is a lack of pliers!:D
    Fantastic. What a blade!:thumbsup:

16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    A Real Stabber Jack:D:cool:

Excellent find in nice cared for condition:thumbsup: Interesting how well horn stands up on old knives, it often doesn't on some newer ones...

Thanks, Will

Ramrodmb and kai76 like this.
  17. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Carrying my grandfather's last pocket knife. He passed away 12 years ago this week. Wish we had more time together.
    [​IMG]

18. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Outside work with these today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. TucsonMik

TucsonMik Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Amen to that! :rolleyes:

Prester John likes this.
  20. kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    It’s a hefty knife and yes the horn covers are solid with no damage, shrinkage or warping. Thanks for the nice words Jeff and Will!

Will Power and Prester John like this.