What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That sounds delicious Harry! :thumbsup: Enjoy it in good health my friend! I’ll be looking forward to some just like it in August! ;) :thumbsup: :D
Here you go Ron . 4 Pieces left , one for each of us .

We will be bringing Kringles , Brats , and Cheese Curds . Maybe we can talk some of the other guys joining us for Coffee and Kringle ???

Harry[/QUOTE]
Now you’re talking, Harry. Bon Appétit:)

Maybe we should start a thread called sweets and knives.:)

Jack Black Jack Black A nice view to go with the nice knives.

My trio is apparently lucky, as the Blues won last night! Funny thing about the Queen Barlow:
It isn’t actually “mine”, but is to be a gift for my nephew when he is old enough, his first pocket knife. It needs a little tlc so I am going to polish and oil it tonight.

dxijf15.jpg

I bought this a long time ago when I knew very little about knives. This was my very first knife. All I knew is that I loved its’ look. Rediscovered recently, hidden in a drawer. It’s a Gerber Silver Knight with black MOP, made in Japan, with Ginghami #1 steel. It’s an Al Mar design. I’m no expert, but I want to call it a Barlow(Lockback)with a sort of futuristic flair. With the all the fantastic vintage Traditional knives, regularly shown here, I’m not saying it’s the end all, be all. Just that it was an unexpected treat to find my first knife, again.
20AC2BFB-4B7A-4717-82D7-C379476D17ED_zpstxzp8ojw.jpeg

Now those are good looking knives, Ron. :thumbsup:
Thank you Vince! :)

That sounds delicious Harry! :thumbsup: Enjoy it in good health my friend! I’ll be looking forward to some just like it in August! ;) :thumbsup: :D
Here you go Ron . 4 Pieces left , one for each of us .

We will be bringing Kringles , Brats , and Cheese Curds . Maybe we can talk some of the other guys joining us for Coffee and Kringle ???

Harry[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan Harry! :thumbsup: It’ll be here before you know it! :D

cigarrodog cigarrodog and Half/Stop Half/Stop , you guys are torturing me with that pic of Harry's! :eek: :D
Jack, let me assure you my friend! Pam and I had one of them fresh from the bakery when we visited @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy! The picture doesn’t do it justice! Absolutely delicious with a cup of hot coffee! They’re so good it’ll make your tongue smack your brains out! :eek: :D

John Lloyd stacked leather LC with howling wolf shield.View attachment 1139493
I love Howlin Wolf!

Do i have a problem? I have four knives in my pockets today. They offer little redundancy in toolset, and are no burden to carry around, because they're all relatively small. They make me feel prepared for anything the day could throw at me, and I really like to be able to occasionally take one out to appreciate the craftsmanship, history and design. So I guess I've answered my question already. These things make me happy and that's the bottom line, so this absurd number of daily tools is no problem at all.

iWS5G0u.jpg
The Porch. Where we share our common problem.
My name is Jeff. I have problems, but a shortage of knives is no problem at all. Besides the two totes of the day that are in my rfp, I always have my redbone Peanut in that little pocket made for guitar picks, and a Wenger Esquire on the spare key ring in my lfp. (If you’ve ever locked your only car key in the car, and/or had to do business in some sketchy neighborhoods, you should understand why there is always a spare on me)
Plus, my cellphone case has an extra pocket for a Leatherman, and a tiny Maglite. So I’d say your only problem is a lack of pliers!:D
Old Southington in horn that’s new to me.
Fantastic. What a blade!:thumbsup:

Fantastic. What a blade!:thumbsup:

A Real Stabber Jack:D:cool:

Excellent find in nice cared for condition:thumbsup: Interesting how well horn stands up on old knives, it often doesn't on some newer ones...

Thanks, Will

It’s a hefty knife and yes the horn covers are solid with no damage, shrinkage or warping. Thanks for the nice words Jeff and Will!

Back