What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I've been working all day on a sports awards banquet taking place tonight, and toted this Smith & Wesson lockback hunter as a backup for breaking down boxes in case my folding boxcutter went awry. It did, and the S&M acquitted itself very well. Boy, will I be glad when this event in in the bag!

BNMGhEq.jpg

NczBafB.jpg

Sunk joint.

ZynvSdm.jpg

- Stuart
Stu do you know what kind of wood this is?

My brass zulu by John Lloyd @John L and my lucky coin from Charlie @waynorth.View attachment 1140402
I never tire of seeing this incredible specimen. One of my all-time most favorites. Keep showing it Alan!

Rain on me
I wanna smile
I want to dance
Do yoga in a perfect ray of sunshine
Sit upon a hill
I am just another angel with a voice that wants to sing

46614308535_afdbe4b84a_k.jpg
Rembrant

That very nice Farmer's Jack has it all Gevo . What a beauty it is my friend .

Harry

Thanks, Nick,

Look at that jigging and the bevels on those blades. Perfection in a single piece!

That's very nice. What is it?

Subtly superb pairing, Jeff. Thanks for sharing them today.

Elegance and utility in your hands, José. Well done, my friend.

Travel safely and good hunting.

I use you, @Jack Black , @Half/Stop , and several others as my lodestars, GT.

Thanks, GT. I'm liking it even more after a couple days' carry leading up to the banquet.

I agree with Fodderwing Fodderwing that the RR is a beaut, but the blue Case is excellent everyday elegance.

Gev. that gorgeous knife is greater that the sum of its parts. Kudos, pal.

Excellent Gev!! Just excellent.:thumbsup:

Thank you fine Gents for the fine thoughts !! Greatly appreciated. So much beauty nowadays...wow !!

On June 6, 1944, my father (who passed in August 2017 at 96) graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West point, NY. The Normandy invasion was announced at the ceremony. By December, he was in the 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment at the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium. The knives below were not his; I received them from my stepfather who collected them in 1980 to around 2006 (he passed in 2012 at 89). They are in my pockets today.

A Camillus USMC engineer's knife (1942) and and George Schrade "Presto" M-2 paratrooper knife (1940-1956):

EAGvX70.jpg

- Stuart
Mesmerizing and wondrous !

What a treat to see !!!A whole new realm of collecting...must resist..lol

Thank you GT! Really pleased to have found that knife.

Schrade today.

Man o man o man....luscious...you must have found a time machine !!

The traditionals I have in my pocket today.... I also have a non-traditional Spyderco Centofante, but it didn't get to join the photo op.... those are the Case peanut, the Lionsteel Shuffler in ebony, and the most recent Kutmaster Barlow.

Life is good.....

20190607_102405_resized_zps8osszptc.jpg

Thanks, Dean. :) You have an eye for quality! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jack, Dean, David, Stuart, Jeff: thanks for the fine and touching commemorations of D-Day! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Harry & Stuart & Dean. :) The blue jigged bone Case mini copperhead with the red shield is IMHO the best looking knife I own. (And it convinced Dean to get one just like it. ;):cool::thumbsup:)

Thanks for the clarifying info, Dean. :)

Thank you, Gary!

Plain Canoe of the Week - Rough Rider tortoise shell:
NOxmeJZ.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week - Case amber jigged bone:
View attachment 1140688

Couple of "free choice" knives this week.
GEC #72 (thanks, Dee):
UfnSHSQ.jpg

Case mini copperlock (thanks, Greg):
View attachment 1140690

- GT

Another grand grouping, Gary! What do you think of the mini copperlock? I real like the one I have!

Rain on me
I wanna smile
I want to dance
Do yoga in a perfect ray of sunshine
Sit upon a hill
I am just another angel with a voice that wants to sing

46614308535_afdbe4b84a_k.jpg

Poetry in words and knife, Gev! That really is a beautiful Farmer's Jack!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wanted some color to brighten an already beautiful (if humid) day, so I grabbed this Shapleigh "Diamond Edge" model B472 senator pen in abalone celluloid (1917- mid 1940s).

pzGGwEl.jpg

udZS0m3.jpg

And I decided to spice things up for Fiery Friday with this E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter, also in celluloid (1870-1940).

GjPURAP.jpg

ZuUObPi.jpg

These should get the tongues wagging when i join my friends for libations this afternoon.

- Stuart

I wanted some color to brighten an already beautiful (if humid) day, so I grabbed this Shapleigh "Diamond Edge" model B472 senator pen in abalone celluloid (1917- mid 1940s).

pzGGwEl.jpg

udZS0m3.jpg

And I decided to spice things up for Fiery Friday with this E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter, also in celluloid (1870-1940).

GjPURAP.jpg

ZuUObPi.jpg

These should get the tongues wagging when i join my friends for libations this afternoon.

- Stuart

Those really spice things up! I know you most likely noticed that yourself, but there's a start of outgassing on the tortoise shell jack (ironically that spices things up even more huh). I wonder why they can't quite get that depth and character of the old celluloid with today's acryllics.

Back