What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

8e2rARm.jpg

Gorgeous !!! Ever detail...wow

Thank you GT :) In fact it's the Beer Garden of Eden! :D Or at least the Beer Garden of the Harewood Arms! ;) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :thumbsup: Miserable weather here, but I'm managing to maintain a sunny disposition ;) :thumbsup:

4yHv6wu.jpg

Wow....mighty fine...wow

Your Ancient TC is a Theatrical Centenarian, Dean! ;):rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

z7ZFKLi.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Camper:
4NrTokx.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is an Imperial BSA camp knife (thanks, Paul):
0Lzgu26.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Good year for a Soldier; they still had the lanyard hole. :thumbsup:

I know that it is Stagurday, but a recent posting by Gevonovich Gevonovich prompted my choices for totin' today. A VANCO premium pen (1888-1940):

lr2XFgs.jpg

And to help me get in the mood for re-stringing some spinning reels, a Remington R1615 Fisherman (by Camillus 1988):

OvTUXEd.jpg

Thanks, Gev, for the dandy candy inspiration.
- Stuart
My pleasure to be sure !!! Talk about dandy candy....WOW !!!! I don't recall ever seeing a Vanco before and that Remington is some serious inspiration :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Every once in a while I will get a hankering to carry this one, so I have it today.

View attachment 1141211

Also this stuff.

View attachment 1141210
Do not resist the hankering. Beautiful rendition of a classic pattern.

That is a great picture of some great carries my friend .
Thank you very much Ron . There is much for him to look forward to now . We will be loading up Big John and going over to mow his yard this morning .
They live about 5 miles from the Kringle Factories . Tell Pam we said Hi .

Harry
Because that’s what good granddads do.:thumbsup: The slight detour for Kringles is just a side benefit.
“Much to look forward to now” should be the motto for all of us.

What’s your grandson’s first name? I will pray for his recovery.

D Duckdog
Those are wonderful, Nicolas! Are they readily available in Europe?

Thank you!
Luetters stopped to make slippies with bolsters a 15 years ago because the company that provided the fluted bolsters closed.
They don't produce the anchor knife any more, some tears they had one without bolsters, not my taste, now they produced a 20 pieces (as shown on their web) but for a ridiculous price of 99,- (I bought mine in 2005 for 26,-€ in a small ship chandlery in the port of Hamburg).
There is the company Otter-Messer (they produce the K55K as well) who offers similar knives with bolsters, but they don't have the history nor the fit and finish.

Regards
Nicolas

I know that it is Stagurday, but a recent posting by Gevonovich Gevonovich prompted my choices for totin' today. A VANCO premium pen (1888-1940):

lr2XFgs.jpg

And to help me get in the mood for re-stringing some spinning reels, a Remington R1615 Fisherman (by Camillus 1988):

OvTUXEd.jpg

Thanks, Gev, for the dandy candy inspiration.
- Stuart

Nice colorful pair of knives Stuart !

Today's haul, and tomorrow's carry. A Mike Zescherny improved trapper. I came here with the sole goal of finding an IT and found a great one. Also picked up a giraffe bone small wharncliff made by dunlap. Both came from resellers but I was able to meet with the original makers and speak about the knives. I got a good deal on them. Almost stole the dunlap! Jim told me this one was a part of a collection that a guy had him make one a year for many years but he passed away. He has another in ivory with file work back spring that I just may go pick up tomorrow. I did not win the lottery for a tony bose though. Neither did my 3 friends here with us.
View attachment 1141094 I got to meet Tony Bose again. Also met Bubba Crouch, Luke Swenson, Mike Zescherny, Jim Dunlap, PH Jacob, Tobin Hill and many other makers and they are all top notch people. Freely giving advice to my buddy who is making now and still learning, and just super nice guys. Their wives also!

Didn't buy a single knife today. By the time I decided to go buy the ivory dunlap, it was gone. So left empty handed for me. Loaded up on trinkets and stuff for the kids and the wife though.

Back