What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today in my pocket, me good old anchor knife from Lütters & Cie.
Very strong spring and half stops, C85 steel.
It's from the 50ies or 60ies, still with embossed logo on the blade.

luetters.jpg

Regards
Nicolas
My friend , I think that you have just shown me some different Lion Knives to look for to add to my collection of one so far . Very nice Trio Nicholas .

Harry

I thought I was the only knut fooling around with the wire jacks.
I guess that we are just 2 crazy old coots accumulating some nice and sometimes strange knives my friend . In all my years going into Antique Shops , I finally saw this one back in early March , 2019 . It just happened to be a Schrade . I guess there were some made by someone earlier than Schrade . I do like this one and I had to use it today to help my wife dig a rock out the ground .

Harry

Old Engineer Old Engineer
I've dug around and found a lot of info on them. I'll message you the links I have Harry so as not to ruffle any feathers. There are many old posts here on BladeForums too. Too late tonight so I'll get it done probably tomorrow. They have the fewest number of parts of any true slipjoint. The wire frame, the blade and the pivot pin.
Here's a link to my photos posted in the Schrade Collector's forum.
Wire Jacks

Old Engineer Old Engineer
I've dug around and found a lot of info on them. I'll message you the links I have Harry so as not to ruffle any feathers. There are many old posts here on BladeForums too. Too late tonight so I'll get it done probably tomorrow. They have the fewest number of parts of any true slipjoint. The wire frame, the blade and the pivot pin.
Here's a link to my photos posted in the Schrade Collector's forum.
Wire Jacks
O'Boy , now I have something else to hunt up .

Harry

Great pairing Ron, you can't have too much stag in your pockets :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Those barlows are heavenly. Another long ball over the fence!

Have a great weekend all.View attachment 1141218

Thanks Dwight, great to see that Iberian beauty :thumbsup:

Wow....mighty fine...wow

Thanks Gev :) :thumbsup:

Got these two today:
ZewViZ1.jpg

AH4amjV.jpg

Looking good Vince :thumbsup:

So here we are
My secret plan
Another road
One more chance
To tell you how I feel inside

46999662052_0ab93d2396_k.jpg

Two lovely old knives Gev :) :thumbsup:

I know that it is Stagurday, but a recent posting by @Gevonovich prompted my choices for totin' today. A VANCO premium pen (1888-1940):

lr2XFgs.jpg

And to help me get in the mood for re-stringing some spinning reels, a Remington R1615 Fisherman (by Camillus 1988):

OvTUXEd.jpg

Thanks, Gev, for the dandy candy inspiration.
- Stuart

Those two look great Stuart! :) :thumbsup:

Smashing Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Very nice Mike :) :thumbsup:

A little Camillus pen.

Beautiful Nick :) :thumbsup:

These today : Taylors Eye Witness and Schrade

Harry

Interesting pairing Harry :) :thumbsup:

This Spanish beauty for Sunday:
WLPa58h.jpg

From @ArtesaniaHerreros.

Good choice Vince :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has a lovely Sunday :) :thumbsup:

Double Trouble again ;)

HfGlXNM.jpg

Hi All. Have been pretty much neglecting most threads except the one devoted to Charlie and his progress. This recently acquired 15 antique yellow jigged bone boys’ knife accompanied me today. One of my all time favourite patterns and configurations. Sincere thanks to a stand up member (JohnDF) for the trade. Best to all. MJ.
843ED9A6-D0DD-449A-962E-BE5C1C681BE5.jpeg

Maybe the most handsome pair on the internet.

Hi All. Have been pretty much neglecting most threads except the one devoted to Charlie and his progress. This recently acquired 15 antique yellow jigged bone boys’ knife accompanied me today. One of my all time favourite patterns and configurations. Sincere thanks to a stand up member (JohnDF) for the trade. Best to all. MJ.
View attachment 1141706
I'm very happy it's in the right hands. Looks like you've been putting it to good use. :)

Victorinox-ALOX-Electrician.jpg

About to head out to the farm pond to try my luck on LMB; sticking with the SAK idea, but with one I had still in its box. This Electrician contains sort of a Sheepfoot, my most useful blade and is thinner in the pocket than my red Farmer. OH

Good luck Bruce :) Good choice, I carry both knives regularly, and find them both very useful, but that Sheepsfoot is the blade I use most on them :thumbsup:

Maybe the most handsome pair on the internet.

I'm very happy it's in the right hands. Looks like you've been putting it to good use. :)

Thank you very much John, that is quite compliment :) :thumbsup:

Back