What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I have been "hanging around" this excellent thread for several months now and greatly enjoy the wide array of appetizing traditional folders, from old to new! I thought I'd join in :)

Here's a couple I have today that represent 2 of my favorite patterns:
Camillus "short line" BSA scout and a CK modern Barlow:

This old worker is missing a shield though still has a bit of the etch showing :)

t1cDec5.jpg

This must be getting monotonous.
VXyP8dh.jpg

Who put that dust in my pockets?
I'm not so much carrying this Schrade as having a hard time putting it down.
1qNJ22n.jpg

Funny, since I've not been as enchanted by the same knife in staglon. This handle is slimmer, and the taper gives it more of an apparent drop; or maybe I'm just, like, into leather.

Last edited:
Picked up this old Case XX last week that was advertised as a 1940-1964 Dogleg Jack. It's got some obvious wear and staining but I love the Gator Snap and Jigged Bone on this old boy.:thumbsup::D

View attachment 1142746 View attachment 1142747 View attachment 1142748 View attachment 1142749
That’s real nice. I agree - old Case Redbone is something on a higher plane.

By the way, you must have seen my medical records. “Some obvious wear and staining” indeed!

A BSA whittler and the closest SAK to a whittler that I have...View attachment 1142896

Picked up this old Case XX last week that was advertised as a 1940-1964 Dogleg Jack. It's got some obvious wear and staining but I love the Gator Snap and Jigged Bone on this old boy.:thumbsup::D

View attachment 1142746 View attachment 1142747 View attachment 1142748 View attachment 1142749
I really like those knives and they are getting hard to come by. Seem to be a mini trapper with a pen secondary. Very cool knives. :cool: :thumbsup:

A very cool fishing themed knife. :cool: :thumbsup:

Still catching up on pictures and replies.

Those really spice things up! I know you most likely noticed that yourself, but there's a start of outgassing on the tortoise shell jack (ironically that spices things up even more huh). I wonder why they can't quite get that depth and character of the old celluloid with today's acryllics.

Yes, there is some surface wrinkle, but I'm happy that's all given its age. I have younger cells in lesser shape.

Stuart, that Senator Pen...I think I’m in love.

You sure got my tongue wagging on those 2 Stuart. The celluloid on the KK almost looks like real tortoise shell.

Stunning oldies Stuart :cool: :thumbsup:

Very colorful pair of oldies Stuart! :thumbsup: :)

Fascinating knives, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I wonder who designed old celluloid covers? That top knife has covers that don't appeal to me at all, but the raging inferno of a second knife is totally irresistible to me.

Nice colorful pair of knives Stuart !

Those two look great Stuart! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. I apologize for the spotty posting of late. Someone asked about the maker of this knife that I posted recently:

fcQ9EhB.jpg

It is one that I inherited and I don't know its history. Here's the pile side bolster:

vr7kTNo.jpg

And the maker's mark - three interlocking Cs engraved on the mark side of the tang:

rmVEkO3.jpg

- Stuart

Back