What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Harry, I thought all of your TEWs were lambfoots! Is that a new addition, or am I off base?
Beautiful color and jigging!
It is not a new one and you have had it in your hands my friend .
As of right now I have a total of 6 TEW's : 2 barlows made in 2014 // 1 Pretty Old Sheepfoot // 1 Lambfoot made in late 2016 // 2 Pretty Old Lambfoot . This Old Sheepfoot is one very solid knife .

Harry

Last edited:
Nice one, Vince

And another beauty

Fantastic photo

You're a lucky knife-nut, Dwight :thumbsup:

Resembles "Banana bone" in that setting :)

The 44 always puts me in my happy place :)

44 by D P, on Flickr
That’s a sweet 44.

That’s an astute observation about it looking like an RB. That’s exactly what I thought.

Yep, here 'tis:

- Stuart

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I simply could not remember his name.
Laughing so hard I about fell out of bed. Woke up Serious Fleschwund!

It is not a new one and you have had it in your hands my friend .
As of right now I have a total of 6 TEW's : 2 barlows made in 2014 // 1 Pretty Old Sheepfoot // 1 Lambfoot made in late 2016 // 2 Pretty Old Lambfoot . This Old Sheepfoot is one very solid knife .

Harry
Of course!
I think at that time I was a little confused when it came to telling lambs from sheep. I thought lambs were sheep with a lot of sharpening wear.

These two today! :D
38930503834_c63b11244b_b.jpg
A-1 pair, Ron, especially that redbone IMHO! :):thumbsup::cool:

Just laying around the house and taking it easy today on a Day That Ends In A " Y " .
Lots of good stuff here ....

Harry
Couple of acclaimed stag folders, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::)
Your bolded comment reminded me of a 60-year-old hit song:

Actually, it's usually hotter in San Antonio. My weather app indicates it's 94 now (5:00 pm) here in Corpus Christi, but it's 98 in San Antonio. It's also drier and less windy in SA. Hey, but I'm used to it! I really wouldn't want to live anywhere but Texas.
I like summer, but temps over 90 get to me. :( The statement I bolded sounds like "whistling past the graveyard". :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'm really loving it so far.
It's not, but that's kind of what they want to convey. ( It is probably about 50% of the weight though ).
If the length, width, and height of the 55 are all about 80% of the 110, the 55's weight would come out about half that of the 110. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. It is always good to see your ubiquitous knife quartet.
Thanks, Dean. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs
You're welcome. The wire jacks qualify as minimalism to the extreme.
Does the "flex" of the bent wire function as a back spring?

Thank you GT. The background is an extreme closeup portion of a Traffic Signals cover, earlier in the day when it was sunnier.:)
Thanks for the identification, Harvey; very cool! :cool::cool::)

Danke, GT, ja, du brauchst ein Matrosenmesser. :thumbsup::D
For now, I'll have to stay anchored with this:
xpdTTDh.jpg

or one of these:
3.sailors&hedgehog.jpg

Good Morning All
First day of Summer Vacation :cool:
Have a superb summer, John; milk it for all it's worth! :thumbsup::) Admirable rosewood lambsfoot! :cool::):thumbsup:

Thanks GT, unfortunately that trio ran out of luck so time for a new selection. Nice carries this week, I always enjoy seeing the "Math Knife" :)
My final attempt to influence the St. Louis Blues luck by carrying a trio of Blues colored knives. A full sized Sodbuster, a Sodbuster Jr, and a custom by forum member Shaerk.

JMHgpoj.jpg
Thanks, Tom. :) The Blues winning at home would have been awesome. I like this final trio! :thumbsup::):cool: 2 sodbusters give it some real Midwest mojo IMHO.

Some nice warm amber bone to keep me company since the wife left for 4 days this morning. I do have the 12, 7 and 2 year old to keep me on my toes. I hope I can keep them alive that long by myself!
View attachment 1142368
Best wishes for the 4-day survival challenge! ;)

Don't know what it is, but I know that I like the round bolsters, sunk joints, beautiful bone, and tasteful shield! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Admirable stockman, Nick!

Yes my collecting tragedy would be best described as "consistently chaotic con carne" :rolleyes:

Thank you kind sir.

I like it. Euclid and company.

Have a great week all.View attachment 1142394
You definitely have the meat. Dwight! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Aristocratic Queen Barlow!

Congrats on the adorable Northwoods toothpick, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::)

A teardrop for Monday.
Arresting knife and photo, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: You probably have a teardrop for each day of the week. ;):cool:

This little beauty showed up today. It started life as a Radio Jack, then had the cap lifter deleted (sacrilege to some of you, I'm sure) , and now it's my perfect #15. Always wanted a single blade #15 with end caps and a shield. In the pocket it goes... I'd like to thank @jsdistin for thinking of me and giving me a killer deal on it. :cool: :thumbsup:
I can see why you'd find that one advantageous, John; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mFSkCr6.jpg

Frontier and re-dyed Rough Rider
You hold a pair of aces, David; artistic dye job on that checkered bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Today with GEC # 73 stag and stainless steel.:):thumbsup:
2hem52b.jpg
Alluring golden stag, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

The antique Böker and auspicious antler exhibit awesome color and texture! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hmmmm... I only have one stockman, I may have to do something about that.
Sowbelly stock knives are quite amazing, John - try it, you'll like it! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's an august medium stockman, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is it new to you?

- GT

Picked up this old Case XX last week that was advertised as a 1940-1964 Dogleg Jack. It's got some obvious wear and staining but I love the Gator Snap and Jigged Bone on this old boy.:thumbsup::D

View attachment 1142746 View attachment 1142747 View attachment 1142748 View attachment 1142749
Congrats on the awe-inspiring ancient knife, Trevor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (What's the little wood knife??)

For Tuesday:
RgW9yH0.jpg

Victorinox Tinker (from GAW by @JTB_5). Thanks, Joshua.
Astonishing the way this one always makes me smile, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

"Remington" canoe (no model number, 1933 to 1935 tang stamp) possibly made by Camillus, and an Ulster #10 Barlow. :)
Congrats on the canoe! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Sounds interesting. Can you find an example online and provide a link?

Buck 377? Very intriguing knife!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I have been "hanging around" this excellent thread for several months now and greatly enjoy the wide array of appetizing traditional folders, from old to new! I thought I'd join in :)

Here's a couple I have today that represent 2 of my favorite patterns:
Camillus "short line" BSA scout and a CK modern Barlow:

Welcome to The Porch! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a couple of knives with a ton of variety! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Awe-inspiring Capture of your AC, Dave! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Astounding brace of knives, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup:;)

A BSA whittler and the closest SAK to a whittler that I have...View attachment 1142896
Power couple, Jeff! :thumbsup:;):cool:

SteveC SteveC inspired me with his post of a Queen model 10 heavy duty jack today so I'm totin' a similar model 10, also from 1961-1971, and raising him a model 15 half congress from 1958-1960:

FfeRlBX.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart, you got me beat ;)
ALL RIGHT! Steve and Stuart in a Queen winterbottom throw-down showdown!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Don't give up yet, Steve! You can take him!! ;)

Orange you glad it's Tuesday?

Citrussy!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I’m just totin this one today! Hope everyone has a great day! :D

31002392618_c95a24a873_b_d.jpg
A one-knife day is an unusual event for you, Ron! You chose a good one to go solo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Handsome and handy, GT. That's the one.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. Alox is never not appropriate. ;)

Enjoyed the two ALOX SAK carries for the last week, however I was ready this morning to get back to my usual EDC, Medium Stockman. OH
Case-63032-1980-Medium-Stockman.jpg
I bet you'll be back to Alox before long, OH! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mixing it up a bit today with this Boy’s Knife.
VSo1GS6.jpg
Sublime jack, Dave!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carried this one to the YMCA and then coffee : My Pickle Knife which is 1 of 12

Then changed it out for this to work in the afternoon :
Harry
Both of your knives have very appealing color, Harry! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

I didn’t store them away GT, they’re laying on my desk, so they’ll be back in my pocket soon. Number one carry since 1973 for me is a Stockman, I don’t see that ever changing, but the ALOX has earned a place in my carry rotation. OH

Glad it did! Nice winter bottom Queen’s you and SteveC SteveC are toting today. One of my first traditional knives was a Queen winter bottom jack but I can’t remember where I kept it. Gonna have to some digging. Had this boy’s knife with me at the beach today.

NICE! OH

Plain canoe of the week is a Rough Rider Masonic blue canoe:
xPaKt91.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Colt stag canoe:
h2EQBEM.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife this week is also a canoe, a Hen and Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
briI09C.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Okapi Biltong:
288IQUt.jpg

- GT

Don Pinemoon Pinemoon , did you bore the lanyard hole in that 44? Where you scared doing it? o_O
Nice looking knife.

Ray
Guilty as charged, Sir. I did bore the hole.
Yes, I was very nervous! That was my first "nice" knife I tried it on. I'm getting better with practice. Using a solid carbide bit is key.

I'm glad I drilled it; I'm carrying it more now :)
It's becoming one of my favorites.

That’s a sweet 44.

That’s an astute observation about it looking like an RB. That’s exactly what I thought.
Thanks... Yeah, nothing like a little banana with your breakfast :)

Last edited:
Have a superb summer, John; milk it for all it's worth!
I will try, GT. The sad part is that I always start missing work about two weeks in to my vacation.

Sowbelly stock knives are quite amazing, John - try it, you'll like it!
It's on my list to try.

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Colt stag canoe:
h2EQBEM.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife this week is also a canoe, a Hen and Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
briI09C.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Okapi Biltong:
288IQUt.jpg

- GT
I never get tired of seeing your Colt Canoe. :cool: :thumbsup:

I love Old Timer knives... The knives of my youth. :cool: :thumbsup:

Back