What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That's an august medium stockman, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is it new to you?
Thanks, Gary. I bought it last year, and carry it frequently. It's in my pocket now, and a matching trapper on my belt. I can see why they are Case's biggest sellers.
Astonishing the way this one always makes me smile, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Finished the book last night. I recommend it. I think you'd like it: lot of analytics.
Look what I picked up last week:
NhXlbgk.jpg

The "best baseball book of all time", according to Red Barber; and:
G47f8Et.jpg

A 1988 first edition in good condition with dust cover.
Plain canoe of the week is a Rough Rider Masonic blue canoe:
xPaKt91.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Colt stag canoe:
h2EQBEM.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife this week is also a canoe, a Hen and Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
briI09C.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Okapi Biltong:
288IQUt.jpg

- GT
Love those canoes. Did you buy the blue one because you're a Mason, or because it looks so cool?

Don't know what it is, but I know that I like the round bolsters, sunk joints, beautiful bone, and tasteful shield! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Admirable stockman, Nick!

Thanks for the nice words Gary and OH. Gary, it’s a forged USA made for Sears by Camillus, pretty much a Camillus 69. I like that Okapi of yours, I’ve never handled one before but it looks like one solid knife! You really have a wide variety of knives in your collection.:thumbsup:

Arresting knife and photo, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: You probably have a teardrop for each day of the week. ;):cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Actually, I have a couple more than a weeks worth. ;)

Citrussy!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you.

Plain canoe of the week is a Rough Rider Masonic blue canoe:
xPaKt91.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Colt stag canoe:
h2EQBEM.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife this week is also a canoe, a Hen and Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
briI09C.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Okapi Biltong:
288IQUt.jpg

- GT

Here's another vote for the Classy Colt Canoe in stag, Gary. :thumbsup:

Great pics guys :) :thumbsup:

I had a day out in the City of York yesterday with my pal Duncan @Campbellclanman :) As a result though, I've fallen behind with this fast-moving thread - sorry :( Today though, I've carrying a Hartshead Barlow, and one of the knives Duncan very generously gifted me, a fabulous little #66 Stockman :) :thumbsup:

Zmz4If6.jpg

vepooFT.jpg

Both of those are great knives, Jack, and the Hartshead Barlow is one of the best looking Barlows I've seen in awhile. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totem never looked so good Dave.

I had a day out in the City of York yesterday with my pal Duncan @Campbellclanman :) As a result though, I've fallen behind with this fast-moving thread - sorry :( Today though, I've carrying a Hartshead Barlow, and one of the knives Duncan very generously gifted me, a fabulous little #66 Stockman :) :thumbsup:

Zmz4If6.jpg

vepooFT.jpg
Just beautiful Jack!

OH MY OH MY! Perfection in Schrade Barlow and what a gorgeous background.

@5K Qs - GT my vote goes to the Colt Stag Canoe as well!

Lovely furrows on both beauties.

Most excellent. :cool: :thumbsup:

Stuart, you got me beat ;)

Thanks Stuart! That's a regal pair of Queens in winter bottom dress. :eek:

Thanks, guys, and you are too kind, Steve.

Nice winter bottom Queen’s you and @SteveC are toting today. One of my first traditional knives was a Queen winter bottom jack but I can’t remember where I kept it. Gonna have to some digging. Had this boy’s knife with me at the beach today.

Thanks, Nick. Your Miller Brothers inspired me today.

My trusty old Remington BSA and a hard working Bullnose should make a good pair for today :)

Welcome to the Porch, JJ. That's a nice looking pair of hard workers that you are totin'.

ALL RIGHT! Steve and Stuart in a Queen winterbottom throw-down showdown!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Don't give up yet, Steve! You can take him!! ;)

I've seen enough of Steve's knives to know he can pull out a winning hand, GT. My stepfather told me: if you are playing cards and can't tell who the pigeon is, you're the pigeon. I do have these up my sleeve though:

uPSqBRd.jpg

That's a classy classic Case. Thanks for sharing it.

Watch Pocket Knife this week is also a canoe, a Hen and Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will)

You have a nice fleet of canoes there, GT. The RR and Colt look so similar - match strike pulls, slanted lined bolsters (though the Colt's are pinched) - they could be from the same maker. For some reason, though, the mini canoe caught my eye. What a beauty!

Remington UMC R21

Another nice one, Steve. As I've said before, I think that you and kai76 kai76 have bought out and stored the contents of a couple old hardware stores. Well done.

a summer breeze today :)

Gorgeous wood, Dave.

I see how you snuck the Wednesday wood into that picture, Dwight. That Wright is alright, too.

Today though, I've carrying a Hartshead Barlow, and one of the knives Duncan very generously gifted me, a fabulous little #66 Stockman :) :thumbsup:

I'm liking the Hartsheads that you've been posting, Jack. Very handsome knives.

Boy, oh boy, what a classic, Dean!!! Excellent picture to show it off.

-Stuart

Ron, that's a fine one to tote if you're only going to tote one.

@SteveC inspired me with his post of a Queen model 10 heavy duty jack today so I'm totin' a similar model 10, also from 1961-1971, and raising him a model 15 half congress from 1958-1960:

FfeRlBX.jpg

IW25I6J.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! That old Schrade belonged to my paternal Grandfather. I get all warm and fuzzy every time I carry it. That’s two beautiful old Winterbottom Queens my friend! I know you have quite a few and they’re all beautiful!

Been there, done that, and ready for more. I love to see well loved users on here!
Thanks Jeff!

A-1 pair, Ron, especially that redbone IMHO! :):thumbsup::cool:

A one-knife day is an unusual event for you, Ron! You chose a good one to go solo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the compliment Gary!

Zmz4If6.jpg

vepooFT.jpg
Two beautiful knives Jack! I’m glad you and Duncan had a good visit. He is a generous individual! I’m proud to have been able to meet and spend time with he and Paul at the Rendezvous in 2017! :)

I’m totin two straight edges today. A Wharncliffe and a Lambsfoot! :D

48050240891_64f11e7339_b_d.jpg

Beautiful Dean :) Superb pic too :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack.

OH MY OH MY! Perfection in Schrade Barlow and what a gorgeous background.

Thank you, Dwight.

I've seen enough of Steve's knives to know he can pull out a winning hand, GT. My stepfather told me: if you are playing cards and can't tell who the pigeon is, you're the pigeon. I do have these up my sleeve though:

uPSqBRd.jpg

Boy, oh boy, what a classic, Dean!!! Excellent picture to show it off.

-Stuart

Stuart, that is more Winterbottom bone I have seen in one picture, ever! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Also, thank you for your comments about my Schrade Barlow.

Back