What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today with the excellent GEC # 15 in 440C.;):thumbsup:

k3xg6a.jpg

That's a fine picture. José.

Well done, Harvey, Well done, indeed.

Peanut of the Week is a brown delrin stainless Case (my first Case ever, won in the first BF GAW I ever entered - thanks, Cory)

Stainless and Delrin are surely suitable for the humidity that we are feeling in the Old Dominion nowadays, GT (or Delrin and an oily rag). That is a fine looking Case peanut, all in all, a fine looking knife.

- Stuart

Nick, sweet old Robeson with their awesome stainless!
Thank you, I like them Robeson’s. Nice to see you posting!

Toting the Brothers Barlow again today ;) Have a great day folks :thumbsup:
Those Barlow’s look like solid little tanks!

This boy likes that knife, Nick! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I see why it inspired Stuart!
Got any beach knife "tips" for the rest of us, Nick? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate the nice comments GT. Nice Case’s you have today!:thumbsup:

I’m still in awe of these two beauties! I thought it was appropriate to show them again along with your previous two posts! :D Thank you again my friend! :D

46927567881_34bcf989f5_b_d.jpg
Very very nice knives and an even nicer gesture from Stuart. D Duckdog

Old equal end pen with tip bolsters = perfection, Nick[/:thumbsup:
Thanks Stuart. Killer knife you’re toting today!

It seems your stepfather was a very wise man Stuart! I am glad you didn’t show these good folks all of your Winterbottom Queens at one time! It would probably be more than some of them could handle! I still have the images burned in my memory! ;)

That’s such a beautiful knife Stuart! They are so well made! :thumbsup:

I’m still in awe of these two beauties! I thought it was appropriate to show them again along with your previous two posts! :D Thank you again my friend! :D

46927567881_34bcf989f5_b_d.jpg

Thanks. Ron, for encouraging my flagging restraint. I do remember the day you and I had a cutlery contrived lunch at my favorite knife-friendly saloon and later looked through the piles of boxes.

08b7qCL.jpg

oyo0ODC.jpg

I'm glad to see that the Mill Bros./Queen pair seem to have settled suitably into their relatively new home. Best wishes to you and Miss Pam.
- Stuart

Do you ever wonder if that old Made In Solingen knife was named after the old German 88 Guns of WW I and WW II ???? I certainly seeing you post it my friend .

Harry
Yes Harry I have wondered the same thing and I don't know the answer. I do know that "Richards", in Sheffield, which was started by offspring of the owner of "Richartz" in Germany, produced knives with very similar bolsters, some of which had tang stamps - "No 30". Perhaps Neal - @herder - or Jack - @Jack Black - could provide an answer. :)fullsizeoutput_dcb.jpeg

Last edited:
Very very nice knives and an even nicer gesture from Stuart. D Duckdog
Thank you Nick! It was indeed a nice gesture. One which is not uncommon on the Porch! :)

Thanks. Ron, for encouraging my flagging restraint. I do remember the day you and I had a cutlery contrived lunch at my favorite knife-friendly saloon and later looked through the piles of boxes.

08b7qCL.jpg

oyo0ODC.jpg

I'm glad to see that the Mill Bros./Queen pair seem to have settled suitably into their relatively new home. Best wishes to you and Miss Pam.
- Stuart
Thank you Stuart! I definitely remember that day. Good food, great hospitality, and a lot of beautiful old knives! :thumbsup: It doesn’t get much better my friend! I hope we can do it again sometime soon! Best wishes to you and Miss Norma.

Which explains why you spend so much time at the YMCA. :rolleyes: ;) :) :p :D
Not true my friend . If you cut it right and shake it when you put it on your plate , the calories all fall out . We go to the YMCA to see our friends and then have coffee . At our age , we need to see friends . Kringle is very much like Stag handled knives too . I will only eat Kringle on days that end with a Y .

Harry

Not true my friend . If you cut it right and shake it when you put it on your plate , the calories all fall out . We go to the YMCA to see our friends and then have coffee . At our age , we need to see friends . Kringle is very much like Stag handled knives too . I will only eat Kringle on days that end with a Y .

Post of the day!!!
- Stuart

Harry
hahaha! Well that is fantastic! :D The only Kringle we have here is the little guy that swings by on Christmas Eve and I suppose I am thankful cause I don't need the temptation. Although I managed to scarf a sizable funnel cake and footlong corn dog at a car show today. 50 minutes every Mon, Wed and Fri at the gym keeps me barely holding my own. Kringles would push me over the edge. :eek:

How about this one for Friday?
ke7yW4L.jpg

Bet some of these guys carried something similar.
Ace choice Vince and cool for Black Friday. :) Love the background.

I am the stars, I am the space, I am the dust.....I exist in all that exists

46025134292_bfdbc14069_k.jpg
This is just a sweet image Gev and I never tire of that mesmerizing LB Kissing Krane! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for the compliment Stuart! That’s a great bit of info about Queen and their use of various steels. Just a bit of information that some here may not know. The building that houses Great Eastern Cutlery was once the lab of Cyclops Steel Company. GEC uses the Cyclops Steel Works stamp on their 440C stainless steel models. Here’s a couple of photos for reference.
Great post Ron. I did not know that and it is very cool to hear. Fantastic Ebony again! :)

Back