What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG_20190614_061601486_zpsod0fvnep_edit_1560521689673_zpslsvvwzvo.jpg

The Cornerstone Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Stunning Dwight, just a fantastic knife :thumbsup:

Ace pic Gev :thumbsup:

Thank you very much GT :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Paul :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pair Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliments my friend :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Harvey :thumbsup:

Great line-up Gary :) :thumbsup:

Outstanding Stuart :) :thumbsup:

What incredible pics :) :) :thumbsup:

Lovely old knife Nick :thumbsup:

It's a very interesting question, but I'm afraid my knowledge of German cutlery is limited :( @herder might know :thumbsup:

Great pic Vince :thumbsup:

Morning folks, just checking in with my carry today :) Hope everyone has a good Friday :) :thumbsup:

lD3bneJ.jpg

CUYutQI.jpg
Thank you Jack. You outdo yourself in more ways than one.:)

I'm headed out for a quick camping trip tonight, just for the weekend, testing my new G-10 SwissTank on a Vic belt hanger.

Gon0QAEh.jpg

This is one of two Victorinox SwissChamps that will be the focus of activities this summer. I'm doing two 2-week long camping trips into the Adirondacks with my daughter in July and August. The overall challenge of the trips will be to use the SwissChamps for everything that needs to be done, and then journaling all of our adventures with them. Abby is very excited. Every kid loves a huge Swiss Army Knife with a billion little interesting gadgets. She's also a budding artist, and is looking forward to illustrating all of the uses we find for the tools.

After much consideration, I decided on vintage SwissChamps with replacement scales for the summer challenge. The nylon and glass parts on the vintage models seem to be far more resistant to DEET-based insect repellents than newer models with cheaper plastic parts. For the same reason, the red cellidor "plus scales" are being replaced with G-10 and nylon scales.

I almost felt bad about modifying this knife. It was a mint red-scaled SwissChamp, purchased from the original owner, who still had the receipt from July of 1991. It would have been a great collection item. But I pulled it out of the mailbox, admired it and took a couple of pictures, and began modding it, not a half hour after it arrived.

P0hcHTkh.jpg

7REjiyGh.jpg

Fortunately, I'm very pleased with how the SwissTank turned out. I hand sanded the highly textured scales to give it more of a worn vintage glossy appearance. Now it has this cool retro WW2 kind of look to it. It matches my father-in-law's old BSA whistle perfectly.

InNtw9qh.jpg

oO5cVfmh.jpg

Thank you Jack. Stunning duo you have today.

Incredible knives posted!

View attachment 1144594

Thanks Dwight, great-looking Barlow, and it's nice to see you with your feet up :) :thumbsup:

It's the cornerstone of my collection for sure.
One of my most cherished gifts... Thank you, Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

Carrying it again today

That's good to hear John, I'd forgotten! :D :thumbsup:

A pair of gorgeous knives, Jack.

Thank you Vince :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. You outdo yourself in more ways than one.:)

Thanks Harvey, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Bad pic of a few favorites. I’m toting the Bocote Michael May lamsfoot today, alongside my ever present alox cadet.

HFMMU2k.jpg

A great bunch of Sheffield folders :thumbsup:

The Cornerstone Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Stunning Dwight, just a fantastic knife :thumbsup:

Ace pic Gev :thumbsup:

Thank you very much GT :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Paul :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pair Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliments my friend :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Harvey :thumbsup:

Great line-up Gary :) :thumbsup:

Outstanding Stuart :) :thumbsup:

What incredible pics :) :) :thumbsup:

Lovely old knife Nick :thumbsup:

It's a very interesting question, but I'm afraid my knowledge of German cutlery is limited :( @herder might know :thumbsup:

Great pic Vince :thumbsup:

Morning folks, just checking in with my carry today :) Hope everyone has a good Friday :) :thumbsup:

lD3bneJ.jpg

CUYutQI.jpg
Thank you Sir and what a fine pair your sporting today !! Love them both

Do ya'll have Kringle down there in Austin?

Love the kick back with the Case image and what a fine knife indeed !! And...not that I am aware of...and don't want to find out...lol. Must resist :D:p

Congrats and its a beauty !! Candy image ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm headed out for a quick camping trip tonight, just for the weekend, testing my new G-10 SwissTank on a Vic belt hanger.

Gon0QAEh.jpg

This is one of two Victorinox SwissChamps that will be the focus of activities this summer. I'm doing two 2-week long camping trips into the Adirondacks with my daughter in July and August. The overall challenge of the trips will be to use the SwissChamps for everything that needs to be done, and then journaling all of our adventures with them. Abby is very excited. Every kid loves a huge Swiss Army Knife with a billion little interesting gadgets. She's also a budding artist, and is looking forward to illustrating all of the uses we find for the tools.

After much consideration, I decided on vintage SwissChamps with replacement scales for the summer challenge. The nylon and glass parts on the vintage models seem to be far more resistant to DEET-based insect repellents than newer models with cheaper plastic parts. For the same reason, the red cellidor "plus scales" are being replaced with G-10 and nylon scales.

I almost felt bad about modifying this knife. It was a mint red-scaled SwissChamp, purchased from the original owner, who still had the receipt from July of 1991. It would have been a great collection item. But I pulled it out of the mailbox, admired it and took a couple of pictures, and began modding it, not a half hour after it arrived.

P0hcHTkh.jpg

7REjiyGh.jpg

Fortunately, I'm very pleased with how the SwissTank turned out. I hand sanded the highly textured scales to give it more of a worn vintage glossy appearance. Now it has this cool retro WW2 kind of look to it. It matches my father-in-law's old BSA whistle perfectly.

InNtw9qh.jpg

oO5cVfmh.jpg

Great post and I am looking forward to the adventure !!!!!!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Soooooo coooool

Heading out to see my oldest daughter graduate from Eastern Washington University tomorrow. Then it is on to Montana to see my granddad, who if he is still alive by then, will be 102 in August. I have a Victorinox Swiss Army knife in the car, as always but I’m going to take the 66 with me for the entire trip.

29-E57538-6-ADD-4183-B4-B4-2791-C8-E46001.jpg

Back