What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

New arrival! And in my pocket while I'm "gardening"....;)
View attachment 1144831
Very nice. The jigging is beautiful. I have been looking for that one too.

lAPINp6.jpg

Thanks Stuart. Killer knife you’re toting today!

Wow quite the collection lot of nice stag in there!

Thank you kindly Stuart. That Case Trapper with the beautiful jigging is exquisite.

Outstanding Stuart :) :thumbsup:

What incredible pics :) :) :thumbsup:

Gargantuan goodness, Stuart, from a time when giants walked the face of the Earth!! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Yowza! That's a beauty, Stuart. I love those curved handle trappers. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, guys.

Cattaraugus

That Catt's a beaut, Nick.

Morning folks, just checking in with my carry today :) Hope everyone has a good Friday :) :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing that Hartshead Barlow, Jack (and its sibling).

Today I thought a groovy old Robeson Scout and a mid century Case Barlow. I'm always amazed that when the Case was manufactured a Case ran Robeson :)

Those two are very fine old knives, JJ, and, yes, interesting irony.

I like that Schrade, Jeff, and the grained Delrin is a new one to me. Pretty nice.

Do ya'll have Kringle down there in Austin?

That's funny. :D

Really are wanting to Ron. :)

Thank you Jack. Stunning duo you have today.

Incredible knives posted!

View attachment 1144594

Handsome new Case, Dwight.

Ulster Jack today

xxCrOdE.jpg

Dand, Steve, that's a nice one, Steve, and a great picture.

My First Alox. Love it!

Looks sweet, Harvey.

I'm headed out for a quick camping trip tonight, just for the weekend, testing my new G-10 SwissTank on a Vic belt hanger.

Well done, Buzz. Enjoy your outing.

One is a Rough Rider black lip pearl gunboat canoe that arrived last week, and the other is a Case rough black canoe (thanks, Alan):

That is quite a showboat, GT. There's a lot going on for such a small package. Delightful, actually.

Today is Flag Day in the U.S. and also the birthday of the U.S. Army. These seemed appropriate.

It is, Dean, and thanks for posting them.

- Stuart

Tempted by the titillating toothpicks recently released from Titusville and posted in this thread, I promptly went downstairs to the knife piles and pocketed this Queen City pair for today's toothsome twosome tote.

Hhk4zkG.jpg

PzVkLp8.jpg

KxMxcRs.jpg

Only the larger one (1925-1932) is from the original Queen City era; the smaller one is from 2016.

- Stuart
A beautiful pair of picks Stuart! :thumbsup: It never ceases to amaze me what’s in your “Knife Piles”! :D

Capable coffee Case copperhead and exquisite ebony lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, for the wonderful compliments, they are always appreciated.

There is certainly nothing to forgive, Harry! (errr, I mean, Ron :D) I've certainly been guilty of the same mishap, on more than one occasion, I am sure. It gave me a good chuckle.

Continuing with my Lamb and Barlow pairings today. Blade shape redundancy... But I lack a black clad Barlow with a different blade shape. Makes for a devilishly handsome pair, all the same.

6BOfn6X.jpg
Dylan that’s a beautiful pair of Ebony my friend! :thumbsup: :D

I’m running late posting but I’m thinking along the same lines as Dylan. A Barlow and a Lambsfoot! :D

33472972308_0b7ac96584_b_d.jpg

This little beauty showed up today. It started life as a Radio Jack, then had the cap lifter deleted (sacrilege to some of you, I'm sure) , and now it's my perfect #15. Always wanted a single blade #15 with end caps and a shield. In the pocket it goes... I'd like to thank @jsdistin for thinking of me and giving me a killer deal on it. :cool: :thumbsup:

The blood red Diamond Radio Jack is one of my absolute favorite knives from GEC/CC....now there are only 51:(...if anybody is thinking of committing similar atrocities, especially to a chestnut model, CALL ME:)!!! Still beautiful even with the amputation;).

Last edited:
The blood red Diamond Radio Jack is one of my absolute favorite knives from GEC/CC....now there are only 51:(...if anybody is thinking of following suit, especially with one of the chestnut models, CALL ME:)!!! Still beautiful even with the amputation;).
I knew it might upset a few people.
In my defense, it will be well cherished for exactly what it is.

I knew it might upset a few people.
In my defense, it will be well cherished for exactly what it is.

As you should, it is lovely. I did edit my post a little while you were quoting mine! I raised stakes to an “atrocity” as it just sounded more urgent, I really want a chestnut model to go with my blood red version.

As you should, it is lovely. I did edit my post a little while you were quoting mine! I raised stakes to an “atrocity” as it just sounded more urgent, I really want a chestnut model to go with my blood red version.
No harm, I understand your passion. ;)

Back