What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Uncharacteristically, I spent the entire weekend with the same pair: a Queen #22 (1961-1971) and a Crown coke bottle hunter (1916-1919). I had adequate blade coverage (used the Crown to cut some rope while while limbing a tree).

LQDhbnr.jpg

qwxT8HN.jpg

- Stuart
That coke bottle is gorgeous, anything near that nice goes for more than I can afford to gamble on a knife from the Bay but I can dream about it at least.

Last edited:
Uncharacteristically, I spent the entire weekend with the same pair: a Queen #22 (1961-1971) and a Crown coke bottle hunter (1916-1919). I had adequate blade coverage (used the Crown to cut some rope while while limbing a tree).

LQDhbnr.jpg

qwxT8HN.jpg

- Stuart

Stuart, you are always pulling out gems! The jigging on your century old coke bottle is superb. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Duckdog Thanks Stuart! Excellent knives you have today, both are great but that 100 year old Crown coke bottle sure is amazing!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm carrying old patchy today, like usual on weekends, plus the edc congress and coins.

View attachment 1145872
View attachment 1145871
Y:eek:WZA, that's a pair to pine for, Paul!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sunday carry.

Sporting my Father’s Day gift today. Nice Barlow, well put together. Only issue is the lack of a point..... I can remedy that especially since my wife had several laid out and son #1 (4 years old) picked this one.

View attachment 1146067
Congrats on the captivating Case Barlows, Dean & Greg & Josh & Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Challenge
Nick, the challenge must be NOT pocketing that one every day! :eek::cool::cool:

Sunday evening switcheroo.View attachment 1146136
Alan, seeing that shell shield stag, I finally know what Frankie Valli was singing about way back when :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Man, that knife/slip combo is a treat! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I won't put a link to "Mac the Knife" here, but I should! :rolleyes:)

Chill is short for chili con carne. No mention of beans in the name. ‘Nuff said ;)

@presterjohn, and chili with beans is called “soup”. If you marry a Canadian you can have this discussion several times a year ha ha ha.
Chili con carne means peppers with meat
Now that we have that straightened out, here's what I'm carrying today:
1xssWsx.jpg
Fine recipe for pairing up knives, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: But you Texans seem to lack creativity when it comes to chili recipes! :eek:
When asked what my favorite soup is, I usually say, "Chili!!" :cool::cool::thumbsup: I obviously have an inclusive, rather than exclusive, definition of "chili". ;) Does Texas chili include any kind of tomatoes? What about water? What kind(s) of meat are acceptable interpretations (in TX) of "carne"? Do all chili cook-offs win with every participant tied for first because the recipes are identical? (Or do Texans distinguish between "beans and meat" and "meat and beans"??)

sUIpAS2.jpg

I really like tote'n these together, both redbone and both single spring. Both slightly older than me
Grand slam, David! Those are two of my favorite Case patterns, especially with the single spring! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary! Happy Father’s Day my friend! :)
Thanks, GT! it was great weather and great company. :thumbsup::D
5K Qs 5K Qs ~ Thanks, my friend, and happy Father's Day to you.
Thanks, guys! :):thumbsup::cool:

I had a great weekend of SwissChamp training with my daughter.
Great photos of what sounds like a perfect Father's Day celebration, Buzz! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Do "simply superb" and "superbly simple" mean the same thing? Just to be safe, I'll say that knife is both! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

...and I also had along my ever present EDC Beer Scout. A menu from the Eureka is posted on a wall of the vessel...a quarter for a can of Pabst! The ferry was built in 1890 and still carrying passengers across the Bay in 1940.

CVjZ42u.jpg
Enjoyed your pics of your outing with daughter and BSK! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

At the Calaveras Big trees today with these two classics!
fTKf6lZ.jpg
Premium pair, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I though I'd give a new friend from Switzerland a spin with a super slice'n Schrade :)
Another handsome couple; you're quite the matchmaker, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words my friend, and it's always great to see your Eternals ;) :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone's week gets off to a good start :thumbsup: I'm carrying my Sambar stag Hartshead Barlow today, and a #44 Buffalo Jack, which @Campbellclanman generously gifted me when we met up in York last week :) :thumbsup:

JPLmKeZ.jpg

gGstvFp.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
Congrats on the Duncan gunstock; it goes well with YOUR recent "eternal" stag Barlow! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Magnificent Loewen Messer, Dwight; is that a "current production" knife, or does it just LOOK new?? :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Magnificent Loewen Messer, Dwight; is that a "current production" knife, or does it just LOOK new
Thank you GT. The seller said it was a gift from a German friend 40 yrs ago. It was still in the factory plastic sleeve. He said it had been in storage ever since. :)

I’m starting off my week with some sunshine and Rosewood in my pocket! :)

46654250964_96cd7e2ea0_b_d.jpg
Monday, Monday...

Cool Case copperlocks, Ron & Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are they full-size or minis, and is there any way to tell without some kind of size referent??

Thank you, Gary. I always enjoy seeing your quotidian quartet. Here's a question: You are out and about and have "only" your quartet with you; suddenly a need for a knife arises - which one to you immediately pull out?
It depends on the "size" of the knife need, but will almost certainly be one of the Vics. If it's something like opening a package or pill bottle seal or other "light duty" tasks, I'm most like to use the little Wharncliffe blade (or even the scissors) on the Minichamp. If it's food prep/consumption or whittling/trimming wood or other "heavier duty" or "longer blade" tasks, I'll probably grab the Alox Solo.

An orange Alox Pioneer normally rides in my bag, but I decided to slip it into my pocket today. Combined with a Classic, there are few daily tasks that can’t be accomplished.

View attachment 1146504
That's a tool box in the palm of your hand right there! ;):cool::cool:

Very good choice Gary!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, José. :)

Today here a beautiful princess (A. Wright & Son Lambsfoot Guardians Ebony 18) well accompanied by his prince!;):thumbsup:

2nkpdoo.jpg
Are you as happy with your ebony lambsfoot as you hoped to be? Glad you found one! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Green tea this morning with RALF, and for work this 20 year old Schatt & Morgan.

HES4hMC.jpg

Xkhi2lE.jpg
Prestigious pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Lovely knife, José!

For me this week,
Alox knife is a silver Farmer (thanks, Tom):
tCSI2wy.jpg

non-Alox SAK is a modified Recruit (thanks, Greg, for knife and bust):
fN14nZI.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is a GSA Kutmaster:
As found at flea market
edMDvjF.jpg

After some TLC
4SYw7WW.jpg

- GT

I like both, Ron, but that Case makes me weak.
Thanks Stuart! Those old Case Barlow’s are special! :thumbsup::)

LQDhbnr.jpg

qwxT8HN.jpg

- Stuart
That’s a great pair to spend the weekend with Stuart! The Queen is very nice! :thumbsup: The Jigged Bone on that Crown is outstanding my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Cool Case copperlocks, Ron & Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are they full-size or minis, and is there any way to tell without some kind of size referent??
Thanks Gary! My Yellow Delrin is the small size. It weighs in at 3-5/8”. ;)

Fine recipe for pairing up knives, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: But you Texans seem to lack creativity when it comes to chili recipes! :eek:
When asked what my favorite soup is, I usually say, "Chili!!" :cool::cool::thumbsup: I obviously have an inclusive, rather than exclusive, definition of "chili". ;) Does Texas chili include any kind of tomatoes? What about water? What kind(s) of meat are acceptable interpretations (in TX) of "carne"? Do all chili cook-offs win with every participant tied for first because the recipes are identical? (Or do Texans distinguish between "beans and meat" and "meat and beans"??)
Chili is not soup! It's thick, and doesn't need tomatoes. And beans are a separate dish. Don't know if you can find good chili outside of Texas. It was invented here in San Antonio in the 19th century. But I'm going to calm down now and pour me a cup of black coffee. :)

@5K Q's: "Fine recipe for pairing up knives, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: But you Texans seem to lack creativity when it comes to chili recipes! :eek:
When asked what my favorite soup is, I usually say, "Chili!!" :cool::cool::thumbsup: I obviously have an inclusive, rather than exclusive, definition of "chili". ;) Does Texas chili include any kind of tomatoes? What about water? What kind(s) of meat are acceptable interpretations (in TX) of "carne"? Do all chili cook-offs win with every participant tied for first because the recipes are identical? (Or do Texans distinguish between "beans and meat" and "meat and beans"??)"

Most Texans aren't very PC, so we don't worry too much about inclusion when it comes to chili. We're more concerned with issues of right and wrong, and beans in chili is just wrong! The first World Championship Chili cookoff was held in Terlingua to settle that question. Wick Fowler won, dropped the mike, and walked out ha ha ha. We're willing to accept diversity in meats. Any cut of beef, venison, pork, even chicken. Any tofu product attempting to masquerade as meat gets you banned for life. And no, everyone does not win at chili cookoffs. Because that would be like participation trophies! I have a great joke about someone from the East Coast substituting as a judge at a Texas chili cookoff. I think the language precludes posting it here.

BTW, the best way to eat a Whataburger cheeseburger is plain and dry. Mmmmm.

Nick that Empire is stunning man just incredible.

LQDhbnr.jpg

qwxT8HN.jpg

- Stuart
What a fantastic pairing! Both are fine as frog hair Stuart.

Just received this #47 Viper in a trade from paulhilborn paulhilborn :thumbsup: I always wanted one and missed out when they were released, thanks, Paul. :D

View attachment 1146724
Oh my Dave that thing is beautiful indeed!

Back