What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

8FA0B416-25B0-4722-A05B-7ACCCD94B625_zpsakmvdlcw.jpeg

Congrats on the captivating Case Barlows, Dean & Greg & Josh & Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary.

Cool Case copperlocks, Ron & Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are they full-size or minis, and is there any way to tell without some kind of size referent??

For me this week,
Alox knife is a silver Farmer (thanks, Tom):
tCSI2wy.jpg

non-Alox SAK is a modified Recruit (thanks, Greg, for knife and bust):
fN14nZI.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is a GSA Kutmaster:
As found at flea market
edMDvjF.jpg

After some TLC
4SYw7WW.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Mine was a mini copperlock. I can tell the difference between mini and full size by noticing whether the handle seems very long or not. If you look at a few photos, you'll see what I mean.

You have a great group of multiblades there. Great job cleaning up the GS knife!

Two blades for Tuesday! Not to be confused with the "TUE blade Tuesday" thread offerings!
q7xVZux.jpg

Just got a text from a buddy of mine from York, Maine. He knows I'm a bit of a knife nut.
He posed the question "See anything you want?"
I responded that they looked a little pricey, York being a big vacation spot and all.
ptdVgC7.jpg

Last edited:
Dylan that’s a beautiful pair of Ebony my friend! :thumbsup: :D

That's some rich ebony Dylan. Looks knee deep luxurious.

Devilishly handsome indeed Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Dazzling dark duo, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments.

Thanks, I thought it sounded wrong. :confused: I do need to go there soon, just in case they change.

Went a bit more upscale today:
0Enfk3F.jpg

Lobster.... One of my favorites. Whenever I return to Maine, I always treat myself (or rather family treats me) to quite the feast. I can't recall if I've seen the knife before, did you do that scrimshaw of the squid? It is wonderful!

Spent Fathers Day with my oldest daughter and we took my GEC/CC Rope Knife on a fieldtrip to the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (after a couple Irish Coffees at the Buena Vista Café...it was a classic foggy SF morning after all). Hyde Street Pier is lined with various historical vessels and we toured them all. A wonderful day.

From the rail of the ferry boat Eureka with the Balclutha in the background....Golden Gate Bridge in far background and the Pacific beyond.
I2wbkCX.jpg

On the tug Hercules

oyjypgj.jpg

I've always been fond of Charlie's Navy knives, nice to see one in its natural element.

Continuing with my Lamb and Barlow carries today.

qCUVqkH.jpg

Two blades for Tuesday! Not to be confused with the "TUE blade Tuesday" thread offerings!
q7xVZux.jpg

Just got a text from a buddy of mine from York, Maine. He knows I'm a bit of a knife nut.
He posed the question "See anything you want?"
I responded that they looked a little pricey, York being a big vacation spot and all.
ptdVgC7.jpg
Sorry, Gary: traditionals only. ;) :D
(Modern flipper in lower right corner.)

Lobster.... One of my favorites. Whenever I return to Maine, I always treat myself (or rather family treats me) to quite the feast. I can't recall if I've seen the knife before, did you do that scrimshaw of the squid? It is wonderful!
I don't have lobster often, but some days ya gotta treat youself. :D

Yes, thanks, I did the scrimshaw. At the risk of showing it too many times:
W453gCb.jpg

Last edited:
Back