What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today's carry I'm going "back to the basics" with a late forties Imperial scout and a sixties super slicer Case Barlow :)

Back to basics is about right!! Fine stuff, JJ.

Morning folks, managing to check in a little earlier today, and carrying these two for the day :) Have a good Friday :thumbsup:

You are packing a potent pair, Jack.

- happily side by side :)

Lambsfoot / Sheepsfoot
Classic style / contemporary style
Buffalo Horn / Rams Horn
lovely / lovely

Lambfoot%20amp%20Sheepfoot.jpg

Splendid, Paul.

I'm still not sure but I know its pretty.

It's gorgeous, Alan.

There it is!! Stunning for its age, Dwight. Thanks for sharing.

We just ate where the lambfoot point rests, and are headed toward that blue squiggly line about 1.5 hr west to visit an old friend.

Jeff, I've been hunting pheasants a couple miles NW of Gann Valley for the past 15 years. Nice country out there. Travel safely. Check out the Turtle Creek bar in Miller.

- Stuart

Recent posts of classy classic Cases and some bodacious Barlows tempted my choice of these totin' two today: a Case 6207 (1970) and a Case 6143 (1940-1964).

C5lA8fp.jpg

TOwj55c.jpg

I'm joining some buddies for sporting clays tomorrow (a morning of frustration and shame), so I'm going to be totin' this Weidmannsheil bottle/shell puller knife, both for Stagurday sake and as a conversation piece: it has 12 and 16 gauge shot shell pullers for guards at the bolster. Our guns are either semi-autos or O/Us with extractors/ejectors, but it should be fun to see who knows what they are. It does have a cork puller, too, so . . And I'll have a Vic Electrician for nipping cigars.

yb1K5eU.jpg

ls55CcY.jpg

- Stuart

Both of those Case knives are simply drool worthy.

Recent posts of classy classic Cases and some bodacious Barlows tempted my choice of these totin' two today: a Case 6207 (1970) and a Case 6143 (1940-1964).

C5lA8fp.jpg

TOwj55c.jpg

I'm joining some buddies for sporting clays tomorrow (a morning of frustration and shame), so I'm going to be totin' this Weidmannsheil bottle/shell puller knife, both for Stagurday sake and as a conversation piece: it has 12 and 16 gauge shot shell pullers for guards at the bolster. Our guns are either semi-autos or O/Us with extractors/ejectors, but it should be fun to see who knows what they are. It does have a cork puller, too, so . . And I'll have a Vic Electrician for nipping cigars.

yb1K5eU.jpg

ls55CcY.jpg

- Stuart

Those are some beauties Stuart !

Appealing DamSamLamb, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Bracing brace of straight-edge blades, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And how is it that when I click on the word "fatboy", my profile picture cums up? Are you guys trying to tell me something? :p:p:p
Haha. :D

When I did the quote it linked to that and I couldn't undo it. I don't know why.
I only know how to insert the URL of a link. How do you insert a "meaningful word or phrase" as a link instead of the URL itself? :confused:

Congrats on that champion pair of recent acquisitions, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the response, Gary. I completely understand, but my compulsions are different than yours. ;)

The muskrat does not appeal to me at all, but I could change my mind. Didn't like the toothpick either, but my daughter has a medium toothpick that I now love. But the big trapper I LOVE. I will often carry it in addition to other knives. I love the fact that it has two large blades. I think the Case trapper is the perfect size. My daughter has a Rough Rider trapper that seems just a wee bit smaller, and I think the GEC trappers are either bigger or smaller than Case's.

I share your affinity for the lambsfoot, the Spanish navaja, and the canoe. And I love the Victorinox knives, too.
Part of the appeal of the knife hobby to me, Vince, is that there are plenty of differences among folks with regard to their tastes in patterns, handle materials, blade shapes, sizes, etc. Vive le différence! ;):thumbsup:

Back to hot/dry Arizona later today! :eek:

QdrgV7d.jpg

I've enjoyed your delightful seaside vacation pics, Del, but every pet owner knows you must get back to your "dog" before too long! ;)

My totes today are serendipitous. ... Spurred by that discovery, I dug some more and found an old wrapped up paper towel under a box. In the wrapping were my totes for today: an Aerial senator pen (1912-1944) in red/black striped celluloid and a Schatt & Morgan (Titusville, PA, 1903-1932) sleeveboard jack in a pink/green marble celluloid. Both sharp as razors.

JX59w6D.jpg

I may tote these two tomorrow afternoon when I gather with my buddies at our watering hole.
- Stuart
Lightning strikes twice, Stuart! ;):cool::cool: Engaging finds, especially the red/black stripes!

Very nice GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for your favorable reaction, Jack. :)

Today's carry.

Gallant pair of single-spring knives with blades at each end, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm very fond of both the wharncliffe mini copperhead and the Pocket Pal.

My carries today along with something that's always there but not always shown.
Holy Tiny Tots! :eek: I'm familiar with the little white folder, but what are those even smaller ones on either side of it?? :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Intriguing photo, Ken! :) That sowbelly stockman looks very beefy! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think your research is sound, professor.
My gf/now wife found mine in the late 70’s on the sidewalk.

Re: gas mileage... it’s worth it!
Thanks for the confirmation and opinion, Jeff. :)

That Buck Canoe is a good looking knife. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) A few years ago, I was searching for a Buck stag canoe (which I eventually was fortunate enough to find), and became aware that Buck had made some jigged bone canoes, too, back about a dozen years ago now. I was never able to locate one, but a BF member apparently remembered my search and secured one for me when he ran across it. :thumbsup::cool::cool::)

Carrying the Farmer since I got home from work.

CFA89-D6-A-30-D2-420-D-931-D-608-BBCB67-A88.jpg
Received my first alox the other day, so it's in my pocket as well.
csb5hd.jpg
2018 EO 85 with Wenger Soldat:thumbsup:
QShatw.jpg
Those Alox models are always a joy to see, gents! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What year is your Soldier, Paul?

3fxFja0.jpg

This will be in my pocket on Friday. And Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday, and so on....

Sambar stag Hartshead Barlow lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.
Kick out the Jams, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Kudos on the new stag Hartshead Barlow! :)

That's the one, GT, though the Klaas has class, too.
- Stuart
Thanks for the canoe commendations, Stuart. :)

Knice ring turner Gary, I’ve always loved the ingenuity of the opening system. I’m surprised nobody makes them any more. The last modern one I remember was from Canal Street Cutlery. It was also the first forum knife and one of their first knives/patterns in their catalog.
yMXLldIh.jpg

Thanks, Ted. :) That BF CSC stag ring opener is a "lap of luxury" knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks! It looks like you have your hands full with a couple of excellent canoes and a "ringer," or should I say "two" with the very cool KK :)

Today's carry I'm going "back to the basics" with a late forties Imperial scout and a sixties super slicer Case Barlow :)
Thanks for your kind words, JJ. :) Your pair are major-league memory makers! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Nice day to carry your Saturnalia knife GT ;) That Mini Canoe is a nice pattern I always think, and that's a great pic of your Buck Canoe :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, managing to check in a little earlier today, and carrying these two for the day :) Have a good Friday :thumbsup:

PUdJb2H.jpg

BCkImrP.jpg
Thanks, as always, for your positive feedback, Jack. :)
Your arboraceous duo is noteworthy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My new Hartshead Barlow for today...
Congrats on the newly-minted, yet old-fashioned, Barlow, John – ornate and perhaps even opulent, but not ostentatious! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Dwight, your Queen 2-blade barlow is a peerless potentate! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Holy Tiny Tots! :eek: I'm familiar with the little white folder, but what are those even smaller ones on either side of it?? :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The little brass one was a birthday gift from my grandmother back in January.
The tortoise shell looking one is an old solingin made Swanworks from a lot of knives I recently bought off eBay.

My grandmother has a few little ones that came from crackerjacks back when they gave good prizes, I'll be adding those as well when she can locate them.

A "free choice" selection for this week that I haven't posted yet is a Case Carhartt wharncliffe mini trapper (thanks, John):
carharttMT.pile.Vopen.disneytoken.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a JJ Martinez ciervo navaja de campaña I got for Father's Day 3 years ago:
campana.stag.FDcard.inside.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is Cracker Jack, an Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son:
cj.pile.flatV.jpg

- GT

Back