What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These two today.

Rc9bnKS.jpg

Beautiful stag Harvey! :thumbsup: :)

I'm totin' a younger pair today than I normally do (because I'm too lazy to go downstairs and pick an elder representative). A Gary Cunningham small caper (2019) and a Vic Scout/Spartan (2005-2009). Ah, the exuberance of youth - a beautiful memory.

1VUyhOr.jpg

At 6 3/8", the caper carries easily my cargo shorts pocket, though I have it in a belt sheath today.

VCsvkqW.jpg

I was taking pictures under duress, as Loki was anxious o get on with our morning walk and couldn't abide my delay.

yFCEpQ1.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart, great carry choices for today! It’s good to see Loki! :thumbsup: :)

I don’t hang out here much any more, largely because about 3-1/2 years ago I found my favorite knife pattern. I’ve been carrying it daily and nearly exclusively ever since.

In fact, I like it so much that I've been slowly divesting myself of all my other knives (both traditional and modern). I actually bought another as a spare in case this one is ever lost or severely damaged. This knife is "enough" for me.

The knife that caused me to forsake all others and empty my knife drawer? The Winchester #3949 Sowbelly Stockman. This one has been in my pocket — in this slip — since around November of 2015. It gets used daily around the farm and out in the woods. It does hard work and isn't babied, but it is taken care of like a quality tool should be.

Oh, I tried some other sowbellies, such the Case 3339CV, but the Winchester proved to be exactly what I want. As a result I’ve felt no need to regularly carry, let alone shop for, anything else.

Yes, I could contribute here more often, but it would just be a picture of this knife every single day. I wouldn’t get bored, but you probably would!

hoOjYBr.jpg

Last edited:
Back