What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Grabbed one of my extras that’ll be a user...

EA6-F5-C53-51-F2-4-FE4-A0-C6-26-A9-F3-D26-B40.jpg

Nice Steve!

You’ve so many nice knives, you can’t go wrong with whatever choice you make like the pair of Queens today.

Gorgeous knife and photo Gev!

Pocket knife and pocket jewelry

That half congress is a beauty! Great wood, and the grind on the pen blade with that swedge...you can always spot a well made knife from the quality of the grind on the small blades.

Today in pocket:
ogI6ye6.jpg

In many ways cold pizza can be better than hot, especially with a beer or glass of wine:cool:

It can add to patina as well ;) Interesting backspring on that knife and fine bone, what is it?

Regards, Will

Hi Will,
That is a Sears, Roebuck & Co High Carbon Cattle knife. Pretty sure Camillus made it.

Fortunately, cold pizza is ok by itself, because I don’t drink alcohol, and we are 5 hours from home, so I had to stick with coffee.;)

View attachment 1150752 View attachment 1150751 View attachment 1150750

Old Engineer Old Engineer , Harry these remind me of your jigged bone Lambsfoot. I do not think Charlie could have done a single thing to make them nicer!
Thank you very kindly Sir . Actually @waynorth did see and handle my old Lambfoot , and I think @Half/Stop Ron's , but he has an old Rodgers that he likes and used it for a pattern . I think that he and GEC Done Good and am having a hard time waiting for mine to arrive . They do look very nice .

Harry

As is my Sunday custom, I'll post my everyday foursome

No quarrel with that quartet, GT.

Hangin out with a pal

I'd pal around with that beauty any day, Gev.

Pocket knife and pocket jewelry

Gorgeous small congress, Nick. I love the pen's swedge.

I went with these two eminently totable jacks today, had a loooonng, but enjoyable day with my wife’s maternal side of her family, and time to wind down in the hotel room with an unplugged guitar.
fb8e18d1-9f00-4723-ac61-f1dbe0ab1c02-jpeg.1150109

Classic comfort, Jeff

The thing I greatly enjoy about traditional knives is they not only carry a history, in one form or another, they also elicit memories. That's true with the 2 for today: The 1964 Imperial .milK reminds me of the many friends and mentors that served as advisors in SE Asia during the late 50's through the 1960's. The 44 gunstock, being a stout little knife that could also be considered a bit loud, reminds me of the XM177 iterations prior to the M4 ;)

That's a potent pairing and background, JJ. Thanks for your service. My late father transferred from the 82nd Airborne Div. to the 10th Special Forces Group in Bad Tölz, Germany around 1958 and later rotated through Vietnam and Laos until around 1962.

A handsome piece, Ron.

Beautiful box of barlows HMS :D

Thanks, Dwight.

WW2 Navy Utility today

Boy, that's a nice one, Steve!!

Picture perfect, Harvey.

Remington and GEC today

Nice pic, David. I have a Remington like that one and I need to carry it some real soon.

Wow!!

Stuart, great carry choices for today! It’s good to see Loki! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks, Ron. He was so ready for his walk that he was crossing his legs.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start :) Rosewood and ebony for me today :thumbsup:

Lovely rosewood, Jack.

View attachment 1150455 Cold pizza from last night at a Minnesota rest stop.:D

I really like the coined liner, Jeff. A well dressed worker.

Grabbed one of my extras that’ll be a user...

Ya don't say. Good to see another Bison in your herd.
- Stuart

hat half congress is a beauty! Great wood, and the grind on the pen blade with that swedge...you can always spot a well made knife from the quality of the grind on the small blades.

Thanks guys! I too love that nicely cut swedge on the pen. I must admit I was trying to show that off in the pic :rolleyes: and I’m glad that you guys appreciate it too!

Last edited:
No quarrel with that quartet, GT.

I'd pal around with that beauty any day, Gev.

Classic comfort, Jeff

That's a potent pairing and background, JJ. Thanks for your service. My late father transferred from the 82nd Airborne Div. to the 10th Special Forces Group in Bad Tölz, Germany around 1958 and later rotated through Vietnam and Laos until around 1962.

A handsome piece, Ron.

Thanks, Dwight.

Boy, that's a nice one, Steve!!

Picture perfect, Harvey.

Nice pic, David. I have a Remington like that one and I need to carry it some real soon.

Wow!!

Thanks, Ron. He was so ready for his walk that he was crossing his legs.

Lovely rosewood, Jack.

I really like the coined liner, Jeff. A well dressed worker.

Ya don't say. Good to see another Bison in your herd.
- Stuart
Thank you kindly, Stuart.

A lovely pair Dylan! :thumbsup: Hope you have a great weekend my friend! :)

I am light headed... and Stevie Ray's Riviera Paradise has started playing in my head...

Delightful pair Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, much appreciated!

I'd take an EO teardrop jack over a Barlow any day of the week, Dylan (especially if it were a 2-blade model)! ;):thumbsup::cool:

A 2 blade 85 would be a treat, wouldn't it, GT? I've only had the pleasure of experiencing the single blade but I feel it likely I'd the enjoy the 2-blade more.

I got these two in today at the same time and neither of them have left my side since. Masterful knives from masterful people.

zcQDkpA.jpg

Thanks Stuart! You late father must have been quite an outstanding individual! My late father was very involved with the Cold War, as well; those were some "high stakes" days! I spent a bit of time in Germany and that area of Bavaria is visually stunning :thumbsup:

Btw, your Box 'O Queen Barlows is awesome!!!

A rush of German memories hit me so instead of waiting for Saturday, I decided to carry these two Teutonic ticklers; Teutonic Tuesday? :D A Puma from the early 80's and a Solingen made Bulldog Brand :)

Last edited:
Cold pizza from last night at a Minnesota rest stop.:D
Very cool "pizza cutter" Jeff!

@Fodderwing My admiration of French cutlery is already very high, though you're beauty has taken it to the next level!

@Buzzbait I've been admiring you "newly covered" Victorinox Champ since you started it in your daily carry! I have one of similar vintage and am very tempted to add it to my carry rotation. How do you find it's comfort for longer "in pocket" durations?

Last edited:
Lovely rosewood, Jack.

Thanks Stuart, thought I'd carry it again today :)

Thank you, fellas, much appreciated!

A 2 blade 85 would be a treat, wouldn't it, GT? I've only had the pleasure of experiencing the single blade but I feel it likely I'd the enjoy the 2-blade more.

I got these two in today at the same time and neither of them have left my side since. Masterful knives from masterful people.

zcQDkpA.jpg

What a great pic Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks :thumbsup:

JP1gBw6.jpg

Back