What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I meant to ask you Tom. Did you retire and mount your lucky knives after the Blues won The Cup?

Lol. They are reverently sitting on my desk. They performed their function, and broke the curse. I like them all too much to retire them permanently. But they do deserve a special place, maybe I should keep them in their own box :)

Stainless for today’s hike.
NjfL7Y8.jpg

No quarrel with that quartet, GT.
- Stuart
Thanks for not being quarrelsome, Stuart. :)

A 2 blade 85 would be a treat, wouldn't it, GT? I've only had the pleasure of experiencing the single blade but I feel it likely I'd the enjoy the 2-blade more.

I got these two in today at the same time and neither of them have left my side since. Masterful knives from masterful people.

zcQDkpA.jpg
Congrats on those two instant classics, Dylan. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Here's a 2-blade 85 in buffalo horn that I was gifted several years ago; quite grailish in my mind. :)
rXHOlNq.jpg

Old German stag is so memorable! Great Teutonic twosome, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mini Copperlock in CV with me today. Such a great slim knife.

IkfTyWM.jpg
Exemplary edge! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Totin' an old PAL today
R75ttZn.jpg
Best in Show, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm loving all the Lambsfoot love at the moment GT, some great pics here :) :thumbsup:

It has felt a bit like that these past few weeks my friend, but I'm hoping to see some light at the end of the metaphor-mixing tunnel soon ;) :thumbsup:
:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Day 3 of a week of redbone.
Rousing red teardrop, Dean! ;):cool::cool:

Magnificent marlin spike, Harvey! You sure can find 'em! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your quite welcome for the suggestion’s Gary! :thumbsup: I’ve got a couple of Canon digital point and shoot and a Canon DSLR with all the bells, whistles and lenses. They haven’t seen the light of day in at least two years. All of the photos I post here are taken with my outdated Apple 6S phone. I just compose the photo in the screen and then press the little white button. ;) Then I adjust for being centered and resize them in my Image Size app. That’s about the extent of my photography skills! :D
Thanks for revealing your "secrets", Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

My wife, on the other hand, has yet to find "her" knife. She's gone through a number of patterns now, and today I bought her yet another to try out. Unfortunately the knives she thinks she'd like are always expensive! (On the plus side, she doesn't like jewelry, so I've got that going for me.)
:D:D

8GMic55.jpg

How about two for trapper Tues?
That seems like an overestimate, David! ;) I'll grant you one and a quarter trappers with that tiny one in the mix! :oops:

5K Qs 5K Qs Cool Alox GT.
Thanks GT! You have a great "Fab Four" lineup for today;)
Very, very nice stockman, Gary!
Quality quartet GT :thumbsup:
Harvey, JJ, Dean, and Jack, I appreciate your support! :)

Today I'm going with a couple European slicers from 2 great food countries! :)
Nice Euro-pair for Wooden Wednesday, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
WIFI: Wednesday Is French and Italian. ;)

Like @JJ Cahill , I'm touring across the pond for my choice of totes, though he's in the jet set; I'm more of the Chev-ro-let set. My Wooden Wednesday companions are an Anglo-Franco pair of sturdy workers.
lbZYAXw.jpg

Thanks, again, to @Jack Black for getting me into the lambsfoot world. I need to enlarge my herd of lambs soon.
- Stuart
I also like your Euro-pair for Miercoles de madera, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That little Camillus is one of the best Wooden Wednesday knives I've seen, Buzz! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Day 4 of a week of redbone is this Case mini muskrat.
That's a very attractive pattern, Dean! How big is a mini muskrat? When were they made? Do they have a model number or just a name on the tang stamp, like the regular muskrat?

For Wednesday.

nXJF8yv.jpg
Wooden Good 'uns, Tom! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A fantastic gift from my good Mate Duncan:thumbsup:
Such amazing jigging:cool:
Now he didn't just gift me one of Charlie's wonderful SFO's but threw in the ebony as well:eek::)
DzYw4d.jpg

and.......his generosity does not end there, soon to arrive are two of Jacks wonderful knives, one Stag Hartshead Barlow and a Ironwood Lambfoot:eek:

Duncan's generosity is LEGENDARY:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on the Grand Slam of Lambsfoots, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Plaudits to Duncan for his legendary largesse! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today I will "be prepared" with the BSA Fieldmaster and this scary sharp old Remington jack at the ready :)
Nice pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I once analyzed all of the available tools for SAKs and decided that a Fieldmaster would be the optimal model for me. Strangely, I STILL haven't obtained one, probably because I have a Huntsman which differs only i having a corkscrew instead of a backside Philips. :rolleyes:

A Robeson Suredge Electrician, a thoughtful gift from Old Engineer Old Engineer , and Camillus Stockman.View attachment 1151816
You rarely run the risk of being under-knifed, Jeff; another robust duo!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Oh my Paul! That is outstanding! You two are mighty good to each other!!!! :) Gorgeous cutlery my friend.

Yes that Jumbo Case is definitely a great working knife. I smile every time I open that big ol’ meat cleaver of a sheepfoot blade.:cool::)

While that Mulberry knife was definitely worked hard during it’s life, one of the other knives Jack gifted me in Sheffield, was a William Rodgers ‘I Cut My Way’ penknife. The blades have also been sharpened to toothpicks, but so carefully and well ground, that I always wonder about the previous owner who looked after it so well.

This Richartz, which a friend found in a ‘trash ’n’ treasure’ market and bought for me, is one of the few knives, I’ve been glad to see with a big chip out of the blade.:eek:

fxP9voW.jpg

The proud owner of the shiny new knife must have gone to use the blade to pry out a nail and heard the dreaded ‘tink’.

BTCTemS.jpg

End result being I get to examine an old Solingen knife with a factory edge, which was never sharpened after it was sold.

The thickness behind the edge is 0.009”. That’s less than half the edge thickness of most modern pocketknives.:thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Definitely!

Cool pic. I see the Wright Senator in the foreground but I don’t recognise the pattern of the knives in construction. The bolsters look like a clasp knife style. Interesting that they use actual nails still for the ‘iron’ pins. Those checkered covers are very cool.

I’m guessing it’s work-in-progress at Wright’s, but it’s not Stan Shaw’s bench possibly, is it?

A beauty indeed, thanks for showing it.:thumbsup:

So fine, Harvey. The knife and the photography.:thumbsup:

Yes I’m the same Gary. Funnily enough, the last time I had to pull out one of my suits for a funeral, I noted they all had wear marks through the left front pants pocket, from the ring of the Opinel No. 7 I used to EDC in those days.;)

Another cool knife Mitch, I hadn’t seen one of those JR Biltong knives before.:cool:

Great knives Paul! That Duncan’s a top bloke, eh?

@Campbellclanman - Well done mate!

If I ever leave a worn old toothpick of a pocketknife behind, I guess it’ll be this one, eventually...;)

LrTpYEh.jpg

Excellent!!

Congratulations Paul. Way to go Duncan. And here I thought Santa Claus lived at the North Pole.

Thanks for not being quarrelsome, Stuart. :)

Congrats on those two instant classics, Dylan. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Here's a 2-blade 85 in buffalo horn that I was gifted several years ago; quite grailish in my mind. :)
rXHOlNq.jpg

Old German stag is so memorable! Great Teutonic twosome, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Exemplary edge! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Best in Show, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rousing red teardrop, Dean! ;):cool::cool:

Magnificent marlin spike, Harvey! You sure can find 'em! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for revealing your "secrets", Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

:D:D

That seems like an overestimate, David! ;) I'll grant you one and a quarter trappers with that tiny one in the mix! :oops:

Harvey, JJ, Dean, and Jack, I appreciate your support! :)

Nice Euro-pair for Wooden Wednesday, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
WIFI: Wednesday Is French and Italian. ;)

I also like your Euro-pair for Miercoles de madera, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That little Camillus is one of the best Wooden Wednesday knives I've seen, Buzz! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a very attractive pattern, Dean! How big is a mini muskrat? When were they made? Do they have a model number or just a name on the tang stamp, like the regular muskrat?

Wooden Good 'uns, Tom! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the Grand Slam of Lambsfoots, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Plaudits to Duncan for his legendary largesse! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nice pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I once analyzed all of the available tools for SAKs and decided that a Fieldmaster would be the optimal model for me. Strangely, I STILL haven't obtained one, probably because I have a Huntsman which differs only i having a corkscrew instead of a backside Philips. :rolleyes:

You rarely run the risk of being under-knifed, Jeff; another robust duo!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Dwight, Chin, Alan and Gary, THANK YOU, I am very fortunate and feel even an emphatic THANK YOU to Duncan falls short:oops: then on top of that a package arrived from New Zealand today, pictures to come (more than likely tomorrow) of the Hartshead Stag Barlow and Gaurdian Ironwood forum knife:eek:

Back