What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

wLaBP5K.jpg

Which part of Bay did you come into? From the east can be a nightmare.
We drive in from Loomis, a small town outside of Sacramento.
I just dislike the big cities in general; Too many people, tall buildings and traffic.

BBQs, Parades, and Fireworks are all vivid in my memories of today, so I thought I'd go with the two most colorful knives I have!:) Happy 4th of July to all!:thumbsup:
Those handles are amazing! :cool: :thumbsup:

Have a good holiday, our Murican members! I wish the rest of us a nice day as well. ;)

Pulling out a bigger gun for work today. So far I had no need to use it though. :rolleyes::D I've only ever seen one other 73 like this, not counting the prototype. I wonder where the rest of them are?

mVFI8wd.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Dean. :)
Always good to see that TC with the darker spots. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great to see #10 again, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Have a great Fourth of July, Tom and everyone else! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary!

Alox of the Week is a Cadet II (thanks, Ken):
cKDPPfr.jpg

Non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Explorer:
DWamXQf.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles Workman camp knife; doesn't actually have a bail, but it OUGHT to (thanks, Mike):
nWLnTF1.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Case 6347:
gOpZLB6.jpg

- GT

Love your Case stockman, Gary. The Bone and the shield give it a rugged look. :thumbsup:

We drive in from Loomis, a small town outside of Sacramento.
I just dislike the big cities in general; Too many people, tall buildings and traffic.

Those handles are amazing! :cool: :thumbsup:

I know that part of Placer County pretty well, Loomis, Rocklin, Newcastle, Lincoln....done lots of work out there. Some pretty country.

Forgive my shameless plagiarism of a document relevant to this day in US history. :rolleyes:
Lately I have been carrying the #66 mostly; sometimes the Farmer.

View attachment 1155080
Your black Farmer is very cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve" clamshell packaging, or zip ties, or tape, that pair of knives looks more than capable.

Sensational photo, Harvey! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Someday I'd like to try a lambsfoot knife with two blades that I could promote to "the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them".

Gev, "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare" that when you carry that knife, you've got sunshine on a cloudy day! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I am going with a couple of all steel black clad beauties today.
6S4xjiI.jpg
"We hold these truths to be self-evident", that those knives are a dramatic, yet dignified, dark duo, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Woodsday carries for me! ;) :D

48092449472_8bee89a3cb_b_d.jpg
Ron, while we maintain "that all men are created equal", the same is not true for knives, as evidenced by that wood pair which, while equal to each other, are superior to so many knives! :cool::cool:;)

It is a great knife for the price, I don't think you will be disappointed.
The model # is RR080 and the closed length is right about 3 3/4"
I should add that I ground the spay blade into a punch.
Here is a pic of it in stock form.
31683040854_a77347f7a7_b.jpg
FBC, that model in its original form is what inspired my love affair with the sowbelly stockman pattern, and I'd NEVER modify the spey into a punch. But it's YOUR knife, and "it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Close, but no. That’s a Body Snatcher. Never fall asleep near one!
Good pop culture connection, Jeff! :p:D The question is, are alien Body Snatchers "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and "that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of" sleeping humans? :rolleyes::confused:

Just arrived, spent some time cleaning it up, so in the pocket it goes...
Congrats on that classic Case, John; it "seem(s) most likely to effect (your) Safety and Happiness." What model and age is it, do you know?

Happy & safe 4th of July to everyone! :D

ryi38Bj.jpg
Same to you, Del! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Everything in your photo seems "most wholesome and necessary for the public good", and that knife is an amazing pocket fireworks display! ;):thumbsup:

View attachment 1155219 View attachment 1155220

A 73 and two of the new 93’s. The 93’s are way better than I was expecting. The 73 liner lock is an old favorite pattern, but this is a new knife to me! Happy 4th of July!!
Congrats on the trio of pleasing new acquisitions, @Leslie Tomville! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I trust that, as with all of your knives, you will be able "to provide new Guards for their future security."

You still have the touch for your thematic pics, Ken! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I just hope you're not imposing the Yellow Rose of "Taxes on us without our Consent"! :rolleyes::D

I plan to tote a good ol' American trapper on Independence Day:...Case amber bone SS trapper.
But I'm also going to tote this beauty, from the Olde Country:
e9jhiBk.jpg

Sambar stag Hartshead Barlow, from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield, England.
Hey, that blade etch is making me think my eyes are improving, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a fine British knife, but I hope all the US Guardians of the Lambsfoot who carry them realize "that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown"! :eek:

Have my Opinel No 6 carbone with me for wooden Wednesday again.

qXXFtap.jpg

Also thank you to those who post what model and pattern of knife they are carrying. It really helps since I'm so new to traditionals.
That Opinel is really all the knife you ever need! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Good point about identifying knives that are posted here :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:; I've been around The Porch for several years, but there are always knives I don't recognize and would like to know more about. But don't be afraid to request more info from posters. Often, I "have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity" in requesting knife IDs, and most are more than willing to help. It's almost like Porch denizens "mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." :cool::thumbsup:

Luckily, I had a knife in my pocket so I could open the package with that Waynorth in it! :D
It's a good year for the Lambsfoot!
48193571007_d0267a7398_h.jpg
Congrats on that bonny bone Waynorth lambsfoot, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Seeing you with that pair has me singing this classic:

BBQs, Parades, and Fireworks are all vivid in my memories of today, so I thought I'd go with the two most colorful knives I have!:) Happy 4th of July to all!:thumbsup:
Colorful covers, indeed, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I especially like that Imperial toothpick. One of my favorite knives is similar, but with clip/pen blades and plain yellow "skin".

Thanks Gary!!! You are certainly ready for anything with you 4 excellent picks for today! Happy 4th!;)
Thanks, and same to you! :)

That old Alox Cadet is spectacular Gary!!!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José, I'm very fortunate to have it; I looked for one for a long time. :) I certainly prefer the pen blade on the Cadet II to the nail file on current Cadets.

mostly forget the to carry appropriate, day wise, but as it has it, in my pocket today for wood Wednesday. A Jeffrey Mitchell Zulu (or cross between Zulu and spear). have a great holiday everyone!
View attachment 1155201
Something Special from America on your special day:cool:

fwiwGmo.jpg
Laurel and Will, each of you has a knife with glorious grain! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Wishing all our US members a very happy 4th July :) Have a great day folks :thumbsup:

Y4wcwb7.jpg

H34lPZY.jpg
Excellent pair of UK/USA knives, Jack, and thanks for the holiday well-wishes! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad that Americans no longer accuse Brits of being "deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity." ;):cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Hey, that blade etch is making me think my eyes are improving, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a fine British knife, but I hope all the US Guardians of the Lambsfoot who carry them realize "that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown"! :eek:
Figured you'd notice, Gary. It's a replacement knife. The OCD in me wants a legible etch!

Back