What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Independence day Cannon
View attachment 1155563[/QUOTE]

Independence Day mortar and thunder mug :D

wfbZy4L.jpg

eEPxyc2.jpg

(Sorry for the modern that snuck in there)

Man, that's a handsome knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Perhaps weird, but I really like the stag, the blade shape, and the sunk joint! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the extra info, Dave and Steve. :)

Thanks, Dwight. :)
I think I'd become a professional pallbearer if I had the knife you posted; I'd want to carry that coffin all the time! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a rich, regal red, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

"Absurdly beautiful" seems a very accurate description of your Waynorth Lambsfoot, Buzz! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Another of your wonderful metal knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Glad to hear that we'll still get to see the old TEW now and then, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :)
Always good to see that TC with the darker spots. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Tom. :)
That white gunstock is quite elegant! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on getting the whole set, Paul! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sensational covers on that Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic photos, Matt and FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

With that pair of Barlows, Jack, you don't need a compass to know that you're headed the right direction! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ. :)
Great old wood for Wednesday! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

TEN Ws!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::D Well done, Jeff!

My goodness, those ebony Churchills are sure superb knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Great to see #10 again, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Have a great Fourth of July, Tom and everyone else! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thanks GT, hope you have a great 4th as well.

Low quality picture, but it took tremendous willpower to stop and take this photo before sitting down to eat :). My saw scout with ribeyes and garlic butter.

7V9Dx17.jpg

IMG-20190704-172618-406.jpg

Today, while digging through a trunk for some fireworks, I found this Old Timer Muskrat that belonged to my late grandfather.

He's responsible for my love of knives. I got into trouble when I was 3 for playing with one of his. Later that year he gifted me my first knife, a Gerber Silver Knight.

Unfortunately the Gerber was stolen when I was a child and this is the only knife if his I was able to find. After my grandmother passed he remarried. When he then passed some year later his second wife's family apparently helped themselves to his belongings. His knives, guns and tools(he was a master carpenter) were all gone by the time we were invited to collect his personal items.

Thankfully, I was able to find this one in a small tackle box. A pocket knife of his was really all I wanted. I have a USA Old Timer from both of my Grandfathers and some day they'll be inherited by my son along with a couple I'm sure from my father... and a whole bloody trunk full from me. :D

Happy 4th everyone.

Back