What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Buffalo Horn 4 1/8" Camillus made Moore Maker Trapper for me today. Simple and elegant, the "little black dress" of knives.

View attachment 1155976

LOVE the Coffee Mug:p great knife as well:thumbsup:

For me on a drizzly day after the 4th:)
PyxH0r.jpg

Thank you r8shell. :)

:DHow does your dog carry that
Neck sheath?
:D

@Jack Black Thank you Jack.

Here’s one I hope you like, Jack...

Albert Oates
09054CCF-C823-402B-B131-4462D5354A23_zpsb0mrbrv2.jpeg
What a wonderful old Oates! That bolster is divine. Scratted/Checked scales! Full blade! :eek:

Terrific image.

There’s two heads in that pic - can you see the other?

View attachment 1156105

Georgia’s State Amphibian. Green Tree Frog. I’ve been watering extra hoping he hangs out for a while. Also, the pepper is an early yellow peeper towards the top.

Enjoy the weekend!

Happy Independence Day!
Beautiful. :cool:

Couple of nice "service knives" for the 4th, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th!

Same to you, Ken! :) Thanks for the festive fireworks foto for the Fourth! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Love your Case stockman, Gary. The Bone and the shield give it a rugged look. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) Your comment reminds me that my face has features that I choose to claim give me a ruggedly handsome look. :p

It's Independence Day here in the U.S.A. Part of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is …..Knives!

Perfect patriotic picks for the 4th, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Schrade H-15 and Schrade Mighty-Mite outside today.
oUURYP9.jpg
Great little linerlock! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Figured you'd notice, Gary. It's a replacement knife. The OCD in me wants a legible etch!
Congrats on the regal replacement, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yes, but I still like the Queen! :)
"Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say." ;):thumbsup:

Great post, Gary. Hope you have a jubilant 4th of July. :)
Thanks, and belated same to you, Vince. :) I hadn't read the Declaration of Independence in quite a while, and I learned a lot reading through it repeatedly looking for phrases to use in my knife comments. I'd encourage everyone to read it; I was amazed that issues addressed in the Declaration almost 250 years ago are very similar to ones we struggle with today!

Quoting one page at a time. Have a great 4th all.View attachment 1155497
Dwight, that flag bolster stamp makes your Case Barlow such an appropriate pick for Independence Day! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you Gary. Once I get it’s flaws fixed, I’d be happy to send it to you to check out.
Thanks for the kind offer, Harvey, but I'll be perfectly happy with a "user's review" if you're willing to post one for the rest of us! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. :)
It's a 1978 Case 6207... Dogleg Jack Knife
Thanks for the ID, John. :) So that's basically your favorite mini trapper frame with a different blade combo (clip/pen instead of clip/spey)?

Happy Independence Day, everyone!
z00RpgF.jpg
Even I see what you did there with your color choices, Dylan; appropriately festive and thematic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! Happy 4th! :D
Thanks, and same to you, Ron! :)

HAPPY 4TH ALL:thumbsup:
hz52Eh.jpg

On the deck with a great cold beer, will tune into Twins game later:)
Had to do product research after installation;):thumbsup:
1cDj0f.jpg
I admire the patriotic Tribal Lock, Paul, and it sounds like you had a great holiday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That bottle opener on your deck looks handy ;):thumbsup:, but I hate for you to lose opportunities to use various cap lifters on your knives! :rolleyes:

Tribute to the American knives on the National Day of your Country!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

2199yci.jpg
Thanks for that tribute, José! :)

IMG-20190704-172618-406.jpg

Today, while digging through a trunk for some fireworks, I found this Old Timer Muskrat that belonged to my late grandfather.

He's responsible for my love of knives. I got into trouble when I was 3 for playing with one of his. Later that year he gifted me my first knife, a Gerber Silver Knight.

Unfortunately the Gerber was stolen when I was a child and this is the only knife if his I was able to find. After my grandmother passed he remarried. When he then passed some year later his second wife's family apparently helped themselves to his belongings. His knives, guns and tools(he was a master carpenter) were all gone by the time we were invited to collect his personal items.

Thankfully, I was able to find this one in a small tackle box. A pocket knife of his was really all I wanted. I have a USA Old Timer from both of my Grandfathers and some day they'll be inherited by my son along with a couple I'm sure from my father... and a whole bloody trunk full from me. :D

Happy 4th everyone.
Great knife and story, and congrats on discovering your grandfather's Old Timer muskrat! :):thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thanks, and belated same to you, Vince. :) I hadn't read the Declaration of Independence in quite a while, and I learned a lot reading through it repeatedly looking for phrases to use in my knife comments. I'd encourage everyone to read it; I was amazed that issues addressed in the Declaration almost 250 years ago are very similar to ones we struggle with today!
I reread it now and then. Marvelous document. You should look up the Texas Declaration of Independence too. Are we the only state with a declaration of independence?

Today is a Waiter day.

I have a strong affinity for this model. It captures the hallmark functions of the base “Swiss Officer’s Knife” (blade, can opener, cap lifter, corkscrew, tweezers and toothpick) in a single layer. Thin and nearly weightless, it rides completely unnoticed in the pocket; its utility/size ratio is unequalled.

View attachment 1156145

You forgot to mention the screwdriver ability. That particular one can also work on Phillips heads too.

Thanks for the ID, John. :) So that's basically your favorite mini trapper frame with a different blade combo (clip/pen instead of clip/spey)?
Exactly. I have this one with a clip/pen, another with a clip/spey, another with a clip/wharn, and another with a single wharn. Now I'm hunting one with a single clip (that doesn't say Ford on it).

Back