What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles 5" Leg knife with a little stag spacer in the handle right next to the bolster:
eGvfeuP.jpg

My Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright & Son stag lambsfoot senator (thanks for the GAW, Richard):
MJ.pile.slip.jpg

- GT

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles 5" Leg knife with a little stag spacer in the handle right next to the bolster:
eGvfeuP.jpg

My Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright & Son stag lambsfoot senator (thanks for the GAW, Richard):
View attachment 1156427

- GT
Glad you haven’t lost your Marbles, GT, because that’s a leggy beauty.

Your Senator is quite dignified and handsome.

Dwight, that flag bolster stamp makes your Case Barlow such an appropriate pick for Independence Day!
Thank you GT.

Thank you my friend, and may I say how wonderful your dog paw image is arranged. Such a cool knife.
Thank you Harvey. It's Cherri's actually. :cool:

Very cool leg knife GT! Did Rachel do the scrimshaw for you? :cool::D
The Senator is looking very Senatorial. :)

Fantastic Dwight, such a :cool: picture!!!

Couple of nice "service knives" for the 4th, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same to you, Ken! :) Thanks for the festive fireworks foto for the Fourth! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) Your comment reminds me that my face has features that I choose to claim give me a ruggedly handsome look. :p

Perfect patriotic picks for the 4th, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great little linerlock! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the regal replacement, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

"Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say." ;):thumbsup:

Thanks, and belated same to you, Vince. :) I hadn't read the Declaration of Independence in quite a while, and I learned a lot reading through it repeatedly looking for phrases to use in my knife comments. I'd encourage everyone to read it; I was amazed that issues addressed in the Declaration almost 250 years ago are very similar to ones we struggle with today!

Dwight, that flag bolster stamp makes your Case Barlow such an appropriate pick for Independence Day! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind offer, Harvey, but I'll be perfectly happy with a "user's review" if you're willing to post one for the rest of us! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the ID, John. :) So that's basically your favorite mini trapper frame with a different blade combo (clip/pen instead of clip/spey)?

Even I see what you did there with your color choices, Dylan; appropriately festive and thematic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, and same to you, Ron! :)

I admire the patriotic Tribal Lock, Paul, and it sounds like you had a great holiday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That bottle opener on your deck looks handy ;):thumbsup:, but I hate for you to lose opportunities to use various cap lifters on your knives! :rolleyes:

Thanks for that tribute, José! :)

Great knife and story, and congrats on discovering your grandfather's Old Timer muskrat! :):thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thanks Gary, it may be a chore but I'll still implement the caplifter from time to time:D

Great picture of a great knife:cool:

Sweeping the board with that one you lucky man :cool::D:thumbsup:

Thank you Will, I am indeed lucky to have a friend like Duncan as he generously gifted me this wonderful knife:thumbsup::)

Same carry tonight:thumbsup:
nSYSQE.jpg

It’s a SS and definitely fell in love with the pattern . Fit and finish on this one was really good and for a 59.00 Knife it’s a lot of bang for the buck and one of my favorite production traditionals .
Going to get one myself. I like both of Case's main steels, but the one I want, with the Canoe and Indian etch, comes only in CV, so that's probably the first one I will get. Love the colour on your covers, though.

Going to get one myself. I like both of Case's main steels, but the one I want, with the Canoe and Indian etch, comes only in CV, so that's probably the first one I will get. Love the colour on your covers, though.
Thanks ! I think you’ll be very happy with it. This was my first canoe pattern and it feels really good in hand .
I have to be honest the covers is what sold me on this one lol and the bolsters. But after handling the Canoe pattern I was shocked how comfortable and natural feeling it was in hand .

Ps. JJ Cahill, your KeenKutter jackknife is as nice as I’ve ever seen - a real gem.
Thank you Bruce! Your Case looks great on that background, almost as if it's floating; very cool!;)
Have a great weekend
Excellent shot of your Dog Paw knife with your dog's paw Dwight! Love them doggies!:)
Albert Oates
Outstanding image of an outstanding knife, Harvey! :thumbsup:
Your long legged knife pairs nicely with your stag A. Wright! :D

Last edited:
Back