What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Friday! Hoo. Rah.

82iFecOl.jpg

Going with the Sodbuster Jr. again today.
I wish I'd tried this pattern earlier, it really speaks to me as a good "user" knife. I might have to invest in a prettier model some day.
I am awaiting a Case Sod Buster with the yellow cover for the wife. She might as well cut hay bale twine in style. Who knows, if I like it, I might get one for me.

I like seeing you carry your SwissChamp, Buzz :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:, but I miss the old Remington scouts sometimes. :rolleyes:

Just for you, I'm carrying a beautiful old Camillus scout today. This one is a bit of a mystery, as it has bone covers and the backside of the main blade's tang is stamped with a 99. As far back as any records I've seen, the Camillus 99 camp knife was never produced with bone covers, and I don't think it was ever produced with this style of can opener either.

But the year this knife was produced is probably very close to or earlier than the oldest published Camillus catalog, right near the end of WW2, so it's kind of hard to say. I'm thinking that this may have been an early prototype or from a small initial run of the 99. At least that's what my romantic heart wants to think. But the real details have been lost to time.

Either way, it's a beautiful knife. The worn covers are drop-dead gorgeous to my eyes. Fit and finish is outstanding. Main blade is extremely full. Brass liners just add to the charm of this wonderful vintage knife.

p0upgbqh.jpg

Wow Dwight! An old, beautiful Barlow by Winchester; in my book that spells GRAIL!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful covers and bolsters on your Utica; quite the looker!!! (the 43 ain't bad either;))

That stag looks amazing Harvey!:D

Thanks Gary! I recently saw an interesting demonstration of the "eraser" blade of an Office Knife and your KK is KKKool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a great S&M pair but the jigging on the pen is phenomenal!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I saw this beauty yesterday I thought it might be a NYK, outstanding!!!:D

Very lovely covers on your 2 beauties today! Every time I see that LF&C crate I think "That's cool!":thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly.

@Jack Black Nothing but nice, is your image of goodies, Jack.

46880F46-CBAF-4000-A160-8B643D8264A1_zpswcxv0hwh.jpeg

Back