What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Pure carbon like black snow! :D
When I was very young, and living in Phillie, the snow that piled up between the sidewalk and street would turn black from car exhaust. I would take a stick and draw lines, breaking through the crust of soot. The bright white lines exposed were striking. Reverse scrimshaw!

I always enjoy watching patina develop, and I'm fascinated to see what the bolster will look like. They are of the same steel as the blade, but differently heat treated. Will that effect patina formation?
SoxbHJ9.jpg

Will the HHB help clean fish? Have a great time!

Wowwee wow wow! You ain't kidding about "all the trimmings"!
Thank you kindly Rachel. I’m grateful for getting it.

About a day after receiving this #35 in trade I had my Case Bose recover from Javi Garcia come in so it's been patiently waiting its turn for some pocket time. That time is now. Lowerd the kick on the secondary, flushed the joints and she's ready for work to develop some patina. Love these #35 framed knives! :thumbsup:
View attachment 1160777
Excellent photo and knife. I’ve had a number of Great Eastern Cutlery knives but I managed to under appreciate the Churchill while it was still available. My Possum Skinner introduced me to single spring two blade knives and I have been looking for a Tidioute ebony Churchill since. For me, it seems the perfect regular carry user.

That hat is WAY older than I'd have guessed! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You got that right, John; thanks! :)

Actually, I'm saving my street dancing until I get old enough. :rolleyes:
I'm happy to be carrying the canoe! :cool::thumbsup::cool::) Lamp-black is carbon, not stainless, right? ;)

Thanks, @Fire Beard. :) I'm something of a canoesseur, and probably have at least a couple of dozen RR canoes. Many of the canoes in this pic are Rough Riders (or closely-related Marbles and Colts):
View attachment 1161212

You're telling it like it is, Dean; thanks;):thumbsup:!

Striking knife, Dean; I don't think I've seen another knife with those covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)
Luscious pair of lambsfoots! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I get confused by your stag HHB pics, forgetting that you have TWO of them so the covers are not actually changing! :rolleyes:

My pleasure, Rachel. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your rosewood HHB is getting some noticeable patina on both blade and bolster!

Thanks, Harvey. :)
Amazing shot of your Northwoods! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the actual cover materials? It looks like crusty bread fresh from the oven! ;):cool::cool:

Congrats on the 93! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some folks don't care for the shield placement, but I think it looks great!

Congrats on the Churchill, Jason! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The ebony Churchill is IMHO a first-class knife!

Incredibly handsome jackknife, Josh! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Splendid sleeveboard with tip bolsters and terrific bone, Nick! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Whoa, dynamite duo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers of the pen knife?

Captivating congress jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Vince I declare complete solidarity with everything you've stated here, and I admire both of your stag stunners! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Goodness, that is an elite Böker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:p I hear you, Scott! :thumbsup:

You gotta get picture-enabled, sir! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm sure there are plenty of "cute" Porchsters who want to see you in your Irish finery, too! :D

What a graceful glamour shot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ. :) That's my first folding hunter, and I'm still trying to adjust to its massiveness! :eek: I've been using it in the kitchen this week, and while it feels good using the clip blade, when the clip is closed and I use the skinner blade, it's kind of an uncomfortable grip. :(

That's an unusual pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sounds like you know all the angles, Del! ;):cool:
I'd forgotten about Foghorn Leghorn! :p "That's a joke, son!" "Look at me when I'm talkin' to you, boy!" What a blowhard rooster he was. :D

Thanks, José; I thought you might like it because you have some nice scrimshaw! ;)

Your 73 is a wonderful knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

It took me quite a while to figure out what had happened to the handle of your white sod buster! I thought at first that a dog had chewed it up! :rolleyes:

- GT

You may one day end up up a creek without a paddle, but you'll never lack for the canoe.

27-FC7-D19-5953-48-C7-96-BE-8-D66-BB8-A8781.jpg
Today is couch potato and laundry day. I made a run to the other side of the state and back for some furniture my daughters Grandparents gave them. Then I attended a benefit fundraiser for a child with cancer. I stayed too long but it was for a good cause and those extra beers seemed like a good idea last night:eek:

Thanks, @Fire Beard. :) I'm something of a canoesseur, and probably have at least a couple of dozen RR canoes. Many of the canoes in this pic are Rough Riders (or closely-related Marbles and Colts):
View attachment 1161212

Striking knife, Dean; I don't think I've seen another knife with those covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary; I haven't seen any other Midnight Stag knives posted here either.

Your cacophony of canoes is quite striking. Kudos on your collection. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back