What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Got my Spanish fighting knife--I mean my "navaja"--in my pocket at the moment:
UPirupi.jpg

From @ArtesaniaHerreros.

Man, between work and my son's wedding this weekend I have a lot of catching up to do! Carrying this hogleg today. Kershaw 4932 Rhinelander. Best I've been able to find, these were probably made by Anton Wingen for Kershaw in 1986 and 1987. I bought my original in 1986. Absolutely no reason I need this today, other than I got it last week and haven't had a chance to carry it yet because I didn't have a pouch big enough. Time to place an order with @Horsewright I think! Replacement for one that was stolen 30 years ago, never thought I'd have one again.

20190717_082440.jpg

20190708_174530.jpg

20190708_173137.jpg

You can't go wrong with those two outstanding hard workers, Jeff!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, an absolute beauty Alan!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Another outstanding shot, Dwight! You took a great old knife and created a work of art:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Very nice harvest Gev with a very lovely old KK!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I'd say your'e prepping in style; super cool knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gev!!!:D

Great shot of your bone covered beauties Steve; the Pal is astonishing!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

Thanks Gary!!!:D

That's a very cool line up; the canoes are awesome but that sowbelly is amazing!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

You have a consistent flow of amazing old bone covers Nick; your Schrade looks incredible!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some downright amazing jigging! I got lost in it. Thanks for posting.

Gorgeous Pal and I love the wood post shadow image.

Thanks JJ. Beautiful French Juniper LB!

Hartshead todayView attachment 1162833

Thanks fellas !

Two impressive folders, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I once spent a lot of time checking the features of various Victorinox models, and my conclusion was that the Fieldmaster was the knife for me. The Huntsman is almost identical to the Fieldmaster, except it has a backside corkscrew instead of a backside Phillips screwdriver like the Fieldmaster. But neither is a perfect blend of Pioneer X and Farmer because of lack of Alox. ;)

Colorful couple you've got today, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Here are more of the knives I'm toting this entire week.
Stockman of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV sowbelly stockman (thanks, Ron):
View attachment 1162528

Plain canoe this week is a Rough Rider with Armor Hide covers:
View attachment 1162529

Fancy canoe this week is a 1978 NKCA Rodgers-Wostenholm gunboat canoe (thanks, TsarBomba):
View attachment 1162530

- GT

Thanks GT! Agreed either would be perfect-er with ALOX :). Superb photo of the Stockman :thumbsup:

These two for Wednesday.

76goeFX.jpg

For the famous "Wooden Wednesday" I'll be toting an old Catt in cocobolo covers and a fragrant juniper wood beauty from the South of France:rolleyes:

I was looking at one of those french ones in a shop, does the lock not depress in use? It looked kind of counter intuitive to me?

I've been carrying this Lambsfoot Barlow pretty much daily for a few weeks. Appropriate for Wednesday:
SoxbHJ9.jpg

I decided to carry a couple more in bone this afternoon, too.
ybM7fBK.jpg

I hadn't carried the Case Teardrop in quite a while, and I guess I'm getting used to English knives, because the pull feels surprisingly light now.

Pro-quality glamour shot of your 2-blade teardrop, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary!

Here are more of the knives I'm toting this entire week.
Stockman of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV sowbelly stockman (thanks, Ron):
View attachment 1162528

- GT

Superb Sowbelly Stockman, Gary, and a great photo. :thumbsup:

It's a fine pattern that makes me curious each time I see it :) You have some lookers too

Thank you, Gev.

Back