What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

G3RjN7N.jpg
Wooden Wednesday favorite.

I hear ya. I felt the same way about most pieces.
Here's a cocobolo hollow form with finial that I turned about 10 years ago. The opening is about 1". Finally had to give it up due to back issues. I've added a 77 for scale (and to keep it trad knife related).

i-jVmhSpP-X4.jpg
Hi addylo , to follow the theme of your beautiful photo I pulled out my only barlow, a humble War Eagle Blades and a Sycamore hollow form I turned in 2014, opening bigger at about 1 1/2 inch.
I promise to carry for the rest of today my barlow, because the thread after all is titled " What traditional knife are ya toting today" LOL :)
5bjsViL.jpg

Hi addylo , to follow the theme of your beautiful photo I pulled out my only barlow, a humble War Eagle Blades and a Sycamore hollow form I turned in 2014, opening bigger at about 1 1/2 inch.
I promise to carry for the rest of today my barlow, because the thread after all is titled " What traditional knife are ya toting today" LOL :)
5bjsViL.jpg
Great lines on that hollow form! You nailed the curve. I've never turned sycamore but it's a beautiful wood. Nice grain. I love the War Eagle as well.

Thank you, Gev! I've been posting photos of my teardrops for quite a while now and you are the first person to mention the wrap around springs. They are one of the features that attracted me to them in the first place.
I might have mentioned them if I had any idea what they are! :rolleyes:

Good one, Gary! :p
Thanks for setting it up for me, Jeff (and RALF). ;)

Had my Helper with me today harvesting the garlic.
IwI0bLa.jpg
That 2-blade Hay'n Helper is such a useful-looking knife, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ulster #10 Barlow in my Sporan.
9 inch over-all Sgina Dubh in right sock.
Irish National Tartan Kilt.
Why a kilt? Why not? Besides one of the cute CNA's here at the nursing home wanted to see me in it.
You gotta get picture-enabled, sir! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm sure there are plenty of "cute" Porchsters who want to see you in your Irish finery, too! :D
- GT
@afishhunter sent me an email containing a photo of him in his kilt, and said I could post it here for him. So here it is! :cool:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
afishhunter.kilt.jpeg

Thanks Gary ! as always I appreciate that you take the time to comment :):thumbsup:
Thank you, GT.
I always appreciate your friendly comments. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Steve and John; I certainly appreciate all the fine knives everyone takes the time to post here that I can admire and enjoy! :)

Very nice knife, GT.
Your pictures of the Sowbelly Stockman certainly have me curious to try one some day.
5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT. It’s a frozen pizza with a few slices of Gouda, added, blanketing the top.

I’ve just begun an interest in Stockmans. I sure like yours.
That's a very cool line up; the canoes are awesome but that sowbelly is amazing!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
John and Harvey and JJ, I got a sowbelly stockman in a set of 12 Rough Riders I ordered early on in my knife journey. I had never seen such a thing before, but once I started carrying it (I gave each knife a 1-week trial run, get-acquainted period), I found it hard to put away after a single week. IIRC, it actually got a 3-week run because I liked it so much. I have several sowbellies now, and that chestnut Case is certainly one of the best!
Thanks for the pizza info, Harvey. :) I'm going to pretend that's a healthier consumable prop than your bakery goods. ;)

Thanks Gary! That armor hide canoe is really cool. What are the covers? Armadillo??

Schrade cut co mini moose today.
... The Rough Rider Armor Hide is jigged cattle bone.
Thanks Jeff for the nice comment and for armor hide info. 5K Qs 5K Qs GT, it could pass off as armadillo or some exotic reptile skin!
Thanks for noticing the Armor Hide, Nick, and thanks for helping me out with the ID, Jeff. I would have guessed bone, but wasn't certain. It sure would be cool to have armadillo covers, though! ;) Here's a Rough Rider blurb about Armor Hide - not the clearest piece of prose I ever read:
The ancient craftsman of a Samurai warrior's armor used all of the materials that both man & nature provided. From hand-pounded steel to the thick leather and dense durable bone of the water buffalo, the Samurai's "Armor Hide" was ultimate protection from the enemy. The methods of creating the "Armor Hide" were passed from generation to generation. The Rough Rider "Armor Hide" knives honor those traditional methods of melting man-made and natural materials to create the perfect result, and these collectible knives can be passed on from generation to generation. Hawkbill. 4" closed. Stainless hawkibill blade and gray "Armor Hide" bone handles with grooved nickel silver bolster and inlay shield.
Nick, that moose has juice!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another shot of the PAL

pTkrCNR.jpg
Amazing "crinkly" jigging, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Do you know how the stump ended up with that "starburst" in the middle??

Congrats on the handsome Ram Foot, Josh! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For the famous "Wooden Wednesday" I'll be toting an old Catt in cocobolo covers and a fragrant juniper wood beauty from the South of France:rolleyes:
Good Wood!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Telo Rigger's Knife and Vic Spartan in walnut.
iXJYehP.jpg
I bought a couple of those walnut Spartans on closeout once, but must have given them both away. :eek: Wish I'd have kept one! ;)

Great pics GT (and a reminder I need to carry my Gunboat) :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a good weeking :) Toting these two today :thumbsup:

Jw8xZyA.jpg

7pgfMSq.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :) Pleasing pair for the day! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What ARE all those colorful bowls? Yorkshire teacups??

Muito obrigado pela sua atenção Gary...:):thumbsup:
:) I could actually read this without the online translator (but I checked there, just to make sure I was right)! :cool:

Their canoes are awesome Gary!!!;):thumbsup:
Many thanks for your attention, José! :):thumbsup:

Today with another Portuguese, this time in stag!;):thumbsup:

2lk4p3r.jpg
Wonderful knife, José; I like seeing the ones unique to your country. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Back to my favorite carry today...
Like coming home again, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ebony and Sambar for me today! :)

48306835356_da8e99663b_b_d.jpg
I know those knives are relatively new, but I think they're classic patterns, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dwight, is that big groove in the mark side stag of your HHB lambsfoot like a custom thumb-slot when you grip the knife? :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Got my Spanish fighting knife--I mean my "navaja"--in my pocket at the moment:
UPirupi.jpg

From @ArtesaniaHerreros.
Beauty, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup: How big is that, anyway? I never thought about how to carry it; pocket carry works fine?

That's a fantastic citrus peel integral sign for those of us who care about calculus! :rolleyes::D

Camillus #70 and Waynorth today
XQeOsxM.jpg
Terrific knife triangle, Steve! ;):cool::cool:

Exquisite ebony (with sprinkles ;)), Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks GT! Agreed either would be perfect-er with ALOX :). Superb photo of the Stockman :thumbsup:

These two for Wednesday.

76goeFX.jpg
Hey, is that a rosewood lambsfoot, Tom??? :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I decided to carry a couple more in bone this afternoon, too.
ybM7fBK.jpg

I hadn't carried the Case Teardrop in quite a while, and I guess I'm getting used to English knives, because the pull feels surprisingly light now.
That 2-blade teardrop is eye candy, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm thinking butterscotch, or maybe Bit-o-Honey??

Superb Sowbelly Stockman, Gary, and a great photo. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) Some of my best pics are from our vacation rental; everything just looks better up there for that magic week or two each summer! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Wooden Wednesday, Case Curly Maple Teardrop.

Great choice, Dean!

- GT

More of my carries for this week follow.
International Knife is an Otter Workman:
workman.mark.open.jpg

Watchpocket Knife this week is an Imperial Diamond Edge (thanks, Mark):
imperial.DE.closed.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider melon tester (it ain't so big, it's just tall, that's just about all :p):
melon.mark.open.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Colt Buckshot Bone Teardrop Jack:
colt.mark.open.photo.jpg

- GT

That 2-blade teardrop is eye candy, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm thinking butterscotch, or maybe Bit-o-Honey??
Toasted marshmallow???
I might have mentioned them if I had any idea what they are! :rolleyes:
Wrap-around springs are when the backspring wraps around the butt end of the knife. Your Case Swayback Jack has it, too.
7CN59kC.jpg
6CXrkJ3.jpg

Back