What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Absolutely Gev! That is quite a beautiful old Camillus you have today!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I'll be toting a 75th anniversary NYK BSA scout by Schrade and a late 30's Syracuse EO jack by Camillus:rolleyes:

Thank you and good to see those beauties your toting !!

Nice pairing Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has had a good week :) Black Friday for me ;) :thumbsup:

A1SB2ob.jpg

5nuRo2k.jpg

Some mighty fine black today Sir !!

Today with GEC # 25 in stag serialized with nº 9/25!!;):thumbsup:

30c7hp5.jpg
2cqegjp.jpg

Slinging bullets...wow !!

Love it

Trevor Ablett Ettrick todayView attachment 1164184

Quite the specimen Ettrick !!! Lordy

I head into the Adirondacks with my daughter tonight, for 2 weeks of The Great SwissChamp Adventure. I'll be carrying the green SwissTank for the duration, as Abby and I attempt to withstand the mountain wilds, with our SwissChamps as our primary tools of survival. She'll be carrying her new red SwissChamp with nylon scales. We even made nifty little homemade survival kits, stored in wool pouches made from repurposed vintage Swiss Army blankets.

Don't expect to hear from me much, as cell phone coverage will be quite sketchy. But I'll try to tune in every few days maybe. Please Mike, don't send out 77 Barlow ordering emails until I get back!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

h6Cq17Ch.jpg

gJzWK7sh.jpg

Jo90wBkh.jpg

I've also tucked this little :cool: Beer Scout Knife :cool: into my pocket, so I don't go into withdrawals, due to a distinct lack of natural cover materials, carbon steel, bails, or traditional construction. This knife is just too awesome to leave behind, and it will have many vacation opportunities to live up to its true calling.

oKJn6oKh.jpg

Buzz, enjoy the trip! I’m sure you’ll come back with a good write up and some even better photos.

I head into the Adirondacks with my daughter tonight, for 2 weeks of The Great SwissChamp Adventure. I'll be carrying the green SwissTank for the duration, as Abby and I attempt to withstand the mountain wilds, with our SwissChamps as our primary tools of survival. She'll be carrying her new red SwissChamp with nylon scales. We even made nifty little homemade survival kits, stored in wool pouches made from repurposed vintage Swiss Army blankets.

Don't expect to hear from me much, as cell phone coverage will be quite sketchy. But I'll try to tune in every few days maybe. Please Mike, don't send out 77 Barlow ordering emails until I get back!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

h6Cq17Ch.jpg

gJzWK7sh.jpg

Jo90wBkh.jpg

I've also tucked this little :cool: Beer Scout Knife :cool: into my pocket, so I don't go into withdrawals, due to a distinct lack of natural cover materials, carbon steel, bails, or traditional construction. This knife is just too awesome to leave behind, and it will have many vacation opportunities to live up to its true calling.

oKJn6oKh.jpg
Love the first aid kits you made. Have a safe and exciting trip as you and Abby go... "into the wild".

Quite the specimen Ettrick !!! Lordy
Thanks Gev.

Where is Duckdog?
Good question. Last I heard he was heading for a fishing trip in the Atlantic.

View attachment 1163253 View attachment 1163254 Sabre Daddy Barlow and Camillus 68 Stockman. The cheap one has bone, and the Premium Stockman wears delrin.
Jer I was inspired by your fine hat to post mine with today's carry. :DView attachment 1163603

It is GT. Like unto the proverbial "glove". :cool:
Couple of cool old knives, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Dwight, thanks for the info about the "thumb groove" on your HHB. :)
Jeff and Dwight, I'm exploring straw hats for summer wear and wondered about durability. How old are the hats you gents posted? My guess is that they've lasted more than one summer!

Today I had a real itch to carry the little queen #85.
That all-metal hardware knife is cool! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is that new for you?

Toasted marshmallow???

Wrap-around springs are when the backspring wraps around the butt end of the knife. Your Case Swayback Jack has it, too.
7CN59kC.jpg
6CXrkJ3.jpg
Yeah, toasted marshmallow works as a description for the bone stag teardrop. :)
Thanks for the pictorial tutorial on wrap-around springs. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that primarily an aesthetic feature? Is it omitted on many knives to "save weight" or "save money" or both?

It's not big at all, just over 4 inches, similar to a Case trapper, but half the weight (1.9 oz). Very lightweight. It came with a little drawstring bag, but I carry it in an A. G. Russell leather pouch in my left front pocket. Any pocket slip or pouch that would accommodate a trapper would work.
Thanks for the info, Vince. :) I wondered if what appears to me to be more than average curvature changed the carry characteristics, but it sounds like that's not a factor.

Today's arrival:thumbsup:
7p6sNx.jpg

Harry
Congrats on the new Ram Foot knives, Paul & Harry; very handsome pieces! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs I usually carry a Pioneer. I bought the walnut Spartan just to try one with wooden handles but now I tend to carry it more than the Pioneer. I like it because its so light I barely notice I have a knife in my pocket.
Thanks for the extra info. :cool::)

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT for the nice words, and thank you for the Stockman. On my future list, after listening to you, is acquiring a Sowbelly. Your current carry knives, as always, are a joy to look at.
I appreciate your post, Harvey, and hope you enjoy a sowbelly as much as I do. :):thumbsup::cool:

I recently acquired my first sowbelly and immediately felt how ergonomic it feels in hand, with any of the blades open; great pattern!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's quite a foursome you have today! I don't recall seeing a melon tester quite like yours, very cool!:thumbsup::cool:
JJ, your impressions matched my initial reaction to a sowbelly pattern. ;):thumbsup: Thanks for your compliments.

Today's tote will be a trusty old PAL scout with a super slice'n Case Barlow.:)
Another pristine and praiseworthy pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Dandy stag duo, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Ready for some adventure...
Do you know the way to San Jose? ;)

Yes it is GT, a very generous gift from @Jack Black . I have to admit I have been slow to warm up to this pattern. I have had it for a while and not really used it. However, Jeff @black mamba advised me to "just use it, you'll get it". Having finally given it a fair shake I am beginning to see the light, it just plain works and works well.

Thanks Alan! I had great fun sharing the experience with this forum. This is the first time I viewed the Cup in person, ever. ...
Thanks DC, much appreciated! When I carry one my Blues cup run knives I can’t help but think of the experience and smile.
Glad you're still basking in the Stanley Cup glow, Tom! :):cool::cool: I hope you continue to appreciate the lambsfoot. ;)

Nick, is having a tip bolster at just one end of a knife rare? Interesting knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

LOL! :D No, they're hand-painted bowls from Greece and Crete Gary :) :thumbsup:

Loving all the Lambsfoot pics recently :) :thumbsup:

Mine today ;) :thumbsup:

wDc5tWh.jpg
Lucy looks majestic, overlooking a vista that way! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the bowl info, Jack. :)

Gary, you Colt Teardrop looks like a sturdy companion. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean, it may be my most solidly built knife! :)

Knives I carried on the trail today.

That pair must bring "Happy Trails to You", Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Apologies to Roy and Dale. ;))

The navy blue jigged bone with red shield is a striking combo for Case! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Evening carry because now that's it pictured with a seashell itsi officially mine.View attachment 1163966
Wow, that's a stunning knife, Alan; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carried these two. These Buck knives turned out great. I am so glad we came together and designed this great knife!!!
View attachment 1164072
Dynamic duo, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I'll be toting a 75th anniversary NYK BSA scout by Schrade and a late 30's Syracuse EO jack by Camillus:rolleyes:
Couple of champions, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Has the "Be Prepared" shield been used frequently? There's one on a Rough Rider linesman's knife I have, and I wondered about its "ancestry".

Morning folks, hope everyone has had a good week :) Black Friday for me ;) :thumbsup:

A1SB2ob.jpg

5nuRo2k.jpg
I haven't written this for a while, so I'm going to post it again:
I always enjoy Jack Black's Black Jacks on Fridays! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with GEC # 25 in stag serialized with nº 9/25!!;):thumbsup:

30c7hp5.jpg
That's a special stag knife, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I hope Abby and you have an amazing adventure with your monster SAKs, Buzz! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Where is Duckdog?
Good question. Last I heard he was heading for a fishing trip in the Atlantic.
I've been wondering the same thing, and my "last word" matches Dwight's. I hope they weren't planning to fish the Bermuda Triangle! :eek::rolleyes::D

Day time shot of my new carry and wow this Cocobolo really wakes up in natural lighting .
What a well made knife to excellent fit and finish ,what a run !
imFPjh2.jpg
Congrats on that beauty! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back