What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

zav4hHO.jpg

Dean you were definitely keeping good company on the trail my friend! :)

Thank you, Ron! Those two knives have a special place in my heart and are highly functional, useful and supremely well made. I kinda like 'em. :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :) I’m totin some Ebony for Black Friday! :D

40353335583_9f09bac97b_b_d.jpg

Beautiful ebony in both case, Ron! I like how dark the covers are. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Where is Duckdog?

14334461779_d44f2fcd91_k.jpg

Oh my, Gev, your Primble stockman is gorgeous and well photographed (of course)! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That pair must bring "Happy Trails to You", Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Apologies to Roy and Dale. ;))

- GT

Thank you, Gary! I'm going to have that song in my head all day, though. :eek::)

@Fodderwing - That’s a great find, Dwight. Your T.W. Ablett Ettrick looks spectacular. Congratulations, again.

@Buzzbait Have a great and safe adventure with your daughter, Buzz.

@5K Qs Thank you GT. Taking a little time to find a sowbelly with my name on it. But based on the look of your Rough Rider collection, as well as your enthusiasm, I just picked up my first two.:thumbsup:

The obsession is strong.
EF1E599A-528A-4798-8EDE-6419D88D31D9_zpsedzdg4hh.jpeg

Do you know the way to San Jose? ;)
yes I do, unfortunately. I know it too well. :mad:

I am carrying this 4" Case CV 6292 Texas Jack today because it misses it's partner that I sent to JohnDF JohnDF . These knives are great workers and fit easily in the hand.

Jd8F1ru.jpg

Z9JtorK.jpg

FluF8g5.jpg
And I thank you for that. It is truly a remarkably built knife. I've been playing with it all morning.
Lambsfoot is in the pocket and the Texas Jack is on the desk to randomly pick up and fidget with. :cool::thumbsup:

Where is Duckdog?

14334461779_d44f2fcd91_k.jpg
I’ve been getting concerned about my friend too! I sent him a text this morning but I haven’t gotten a response yet. I let y’all know if I hear anything!

Thank you, Ron! Those two knives have a special place in my heart and are highly functional, useful and supremely well made. I kinda like 'em. :)

Beautiful ebony in both case, Ron! I like how dark the covers are. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh my, Gev, your Primble stockman is gorgeous and well photographed (of course)! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! I'm going to have that song in my head all day, though. :eek::)
You’re welcome my friend! Thanks for the compliment on my Ebony! :)

Yeah, toasted marshmallow works as a description for the bone stag teardrop. :)
Thanks for the pictorial tutorial on wrap-around springs. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that primarily an aesthetic feature? Is it omitted on many knives to "save weight" or "save money" or both?
That's a good question. I don't know why it isn't more common. I don't know if it's harder to fit, and I guess the extra spring material adds a little weight. I imagine @Will Power prefers it, since it reduces the size of the "dirt trap" on a Jack Knife. :D

Very good of you, my friend :thumbsup: Thank you, Ron
I just got a reply text from Stuart @Duckdog. I told him we were wandering about him. He’s doing okay! He has been doing some fishing and working on his hunting property. He said he has also had to do some work on his daughters car. All this on top of yard work and contending with the terrible heat. Not to worry he’ll be back soon. He did say that he wouldn’t even try to catch up!

I just got a reply text from Stuart @Duckdog. I told him we were wandering about him. He’s doing okay! He has been doing some fishing and working on his hunting property. He said he has also had to do some work on his daughters car. All this on top of yard work and contending with the terrible heat. Not to worry he’ll be back soon. He did say that he wouldn’t even try to catch up!
Thanks for the update !!All is well...very good :cool::thumbsup:

@5K Qs ~ Appreciate your kind and witty comments, my friend. You inspired me to carry the Sabre. Way overdue!

Ebony and Ivory .....

DBnRyaq.jpg

dpZ4kGB.jpg

N2CGdlg.jpg
Nice pair! Zooming in, I think I can make out the lines that indicate Ivoroid scales on the Cami. Is that correct? It looks remarkably similar to the Camillus stockman that I put smooth elk on.
An A.G. Russell sleeveboard whittler (1990) is my carry today.

Me likey! Split spring?
The obsession is strong.
EF1E599A-528A-4798-8EDE-6419D88D31D9_zpsedzdg4hh.jpeg
Love that old bone!
It’s a 15 day.

Hand-crafted customs inspire lust in my heart, and chasing after SFOs can make my heart go pitter-pat.

But when you get right down to it, for me at least, function is where it’s at.

View attachment 1164260
I’m in the same camp. Fortunately, I get pleasure seeing the fine customs and sfos in this thread!

That 15 is a great knife. When I have modded TL-29s the 15 is what I was shooting for.

Thanks for the good news. That would have been a long fishing trip!

Back