1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Ebony and Ivory .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Ron! Those two knives have a special place in my heart and are highly functional, useful and supremely well made. I kinda like 'em. :)

Beautiful ebony in both case, Ron! I like how dark the covers are. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh my, Gev, your Primble stockman is gorgeous and well photographed (of course)! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! I'm going to have that song in my head all day, though. :eek::)

Fodderwing likes this.
  3. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    An A.G. Russell sleeveboard whittler (1990) is my carry today.

[​IMG]

4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Fodderwing - That’s a great find, Dwight. Your T.W. Ablett Ettrick looks spectacular. Congratulations, again.

@Buzzbait Have a great and safe adventure with your daughter, Buzz.

@5K Qs Thank you GT. Taking a little time to find a sowbelly with my name on it. But based on the look of your Rough Rider collection, as well as your enthusiasm, I just picked up my first two.:thumbsup:

The obsession is strong.
    [​IMG]

5. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I am carrying this 4" Case CV 6292 Texas Jack today because it misses it's partner that I sent to @JohnDF. These knives are great workers and fit easily in the hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    yes I do, unfortunately. I know it too well. :mad:

And I thank you for that. It is truly a remarkably built knife. I've been playing with it all morning.
    Lambsfoot is in the pocket and the Texas Jack is on the desk to randomly pick up and fidget with. :cool::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    What a gorgeous knife....wow !!! Thank you kind sir !

RDaneel likes this.
  8. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    It’s a 15 day.

Hand-crafted customs inspire lust in my heart, and chasing after SFOs can make my heart go pitter-pat.

But when you get right down to it, for me at least, function is where it’s at.

6A45ABAA-5D82-4CCC-8DF8-F733B3E651A4.jpeg

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’ve been getting concerned about my friend too! I sent him a text this morning but I haven’t gotten a response yet. I let y’all know if I hear anything!

You’re welcome my friend! Thanks for the compliment on my Ebony! :)

10. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Very good of you, my friend :thumbsup: Thank you, Ron

Half/Stop likes this.
  11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I've had that Camillus pen for a few months at this point.

12. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gev!

Gevonovich likes this.
  13. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    Today's carry.

[​IMG]

14. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    That's a good question. I don't know why it isn't more common. I don't know if it's harder to fit, and I guess the extra spring material adds a little weight. I imagine @Will Power prefers it, since it reduces the size of the "dirt trap" on a Jack Knife. :D

Will Power likes this.
  15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    New pipe? Nice one.

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

Dschal, Travman, Whetstone39 and 15 others like this.
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I just got a reply text from Stuart @Duckdog. I told him we were wandering about him. He’s doing okay! He has been doing some fishing and working on his hunting property. He said he has also had to do some work on his daughters car. All this on top of yard work and contending with the terrible heat. Not to worry he’ll be back soon. He did say that he wouldn’t even try to catch up!

18. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thanks for the update !!All is well...very good :cool::thumbsup:

Fodderwing, JJ Cahill and Half/Stop like this.
  19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    @5K Qs ~ Appreciate your kind and witty comments, my friend. You inspired me to carry the Sabre. Way overdue!

Nice pair! Zooming in, I think I can make out the lines that indicate Ivoroid scales on the Cami. Is that correct? It looks remarkably similar to the Camillus stockman that I put smooth elk on.
    Me likey! Split spring?
    Love that old bone!
    I’m in the same camp. Fortunately, I get pleasure seeing the fine customs and sfos in this thread!

That 15 is a great knife. When I have modded TL-29s the 15 is what I was shooting for.

Thanks for the good news. That would have been a long fishing trip!

20. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016